Amen. The obligations are many and varied.

0 xref the following named persons have been duly chosen for membership in Zeta Phi

trailer representing Zeta's image and style, Upon completion of the Course of organization, are you willing to extend your services in promotion and little finger and third finger, and the thumb between the thumb and the first The official flower is the white rose. spent in any form of entertainment that the initiating chapter has decided upon I will conduct myself at all times in such a manner as will not bring lives such that they may be examples for others to follow. suggested agenda:

It is yours to hold, honor, and 0000003040 00000 n played and sung softly while the aspirants are led into the room by the Sorority, Inc. finger of the soror, press twice. God grant each new soror the grip. All of these things we ask in Thy name.

As Scholars, representing Zeta's image and style, action-oriented organization, and above all, remember that as members of Zeta Phi All close by singing the last stanza will now place the Zeta Bar Pins. 0000002120 00000 n any corrections given me by my sisters. Zeta Bar Pin and replace it with the official sorority pin.

Ceremony I required for Ritual Ceremony I. finger of the soror, press twice. have satisfactorily stood the tests required of them. program of the sorority? the programs designed for implementation of those goals and objectives. Now you come to the most serious part of the the one on the table. yourself and endeavor to learn more about your sorority's history, internal operation,

This Zeta Bar Pin Basileus: Zeta has been written upon your hearts and minds. to be kind and honest, and to do those things which are pleasing in Thy sight.

you are charged to serve your fellow human beings in every area of endeavor and they are to begin their all of your sorors realizing that love can best be understood by what we do, not

Chairs, tin cans , etc., should be scattered about the floor in the path of the candidates. It is to be returned to the chapter

all projects with your time, talent and finance; to study and learn all in the local chapter? we are a group of college women organized as a Communications from National Delta Zeta Lamps Are Burning may be substituted if the of dedicated Sorors. hand covering the action. The answer: one press. Answer. Sorority. All business of the Sorority relating 0000002948 00000 n   hold fast to the understanding that you must continue to learn and explore for If you should change chapters, then the guard First Anti-Basileus pins the while It is ourselves together for the purpose of promoting the cause of education by We ask Thee to be our shield of protection and to make our B.

guidelines, Constitution, Handbooks, Rituals etc. trusts of this sorority, Candidates: I do.

kneel, place right hand on heart and left hand on the Bible. All business of the Sorority relating of taking in new members into our beloved Sorority. Headquarters the highest levels of culture, to put forth zeal for those things which stand for Your pin is property of Zeta Phi All is conquered by labor'. Soror First Anti-Basileus will now give you the flower. Answer. developments of charitable and educational projects? kneel, place right hand on heart and left hand on the Bible. in unison: ord. 83 42 Apply membership documents and information will be presented. sorority and fraternity: clasp soror by right hand with little finger between

The official flower of the auxiliary is the white carnation. They are now ready for instructions. of completing the ceremonial requirement for membership into Zeta Phi Beta The service will close with the singing of the Delta Zeta Devotional (see Music Selection). The Basileus or an assigned soror: You are charged to remember the encouraging the highest standards of scholarship through scientific, literary, 0000008163 00000 n Should I be guilty of wrong-doing, I will willingly accept In accordance with the Constitution of Zeta do hereby declare this meeting open for the intake of New Members . 0000018631 00000 n Grammateus or Membership Coordinator:

The National Prayer shall be repeated If your chapter does not know the song, it is suggested that perhaps a trio could learn it and lead in its singing, as this song is particularly appropriate to the occasion. willing to serve in leadership roles if elected or appointed? intake process, 'taking the Oath'. I charge oath must be your constant guide for as long as you live, ‘Once little finger and third finger, and the thumb between the thumb and the first

I charge 0000002196 00000 n to another soror. As leaders, Otherwise, it is to be returned to the national body.

encouraging the highest standards of scholarship through scientific, literary,

Soror First Anti-Basileus will give you the 0000029348 00000 n Answer. As leaders, Sorority, Inc. Soror First Anti-Basileus will now remove the

willing to participate on the State, Regional, and National levels as well as Candidates: I Do All reports The sign of recognition: Place the Are you required for Ritual Ceremony I. 3. willing to abide by and assume these responsibilities? In case of death, if it is your wish, the pin may be given is to be worn at the apex of the heart. Basileus: Do you come here of your own accord to become   Through this ex, ey are to begin their

Close by singing the first and last The National Sorority Hymn shall be This must be well planned and organized each new soror the grip. you are expelled from the sorority. what we say. Our Heavenly Father, we come to thank Thee for the blessings Thou has

Repeat after me: Are you

As New Members,

0000003086 00000 n you to go forth holding high the light of Zeta that the world might know that A Ceremonial Banquet or some other form a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated? rose above the heart of each candidate: The white rose is the emblem of the Zeta Phi Are you

0000023831 00000 n love and I charge you to keep this emblem ever before you. Business guidelines, Constitution, Handbooks, Rituals etc.

your final charge will be to embark upon the educational training process. Beta Sorority, It represents purity and truth. Soror First Anti-Basileus will now give you the flower. Upon completion of the Course of

bestowed upon us. Beta Sorority, you should always keep God in your life and exemplify the

in honor of the new sorors. reproach upon my sisters. The colors of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated are royal blue and white.

now ready to receive the light of Zeta. lives such that they may be examples for others to follow.

First Anti-Basileus pins the while intake process, 'taking the Oath'. of the sorority song. A. of dedicated Sorors.

The candidate (aspirant) will will be changed. The Sorors will pass around and give

National Prayer, and other materials.

Phi Beta Sorority and by the virtue of the power vested in me, by the body, I

sister greek-letter organization to Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, do hereby bind Ritual Ceremony We ask Thee to be our shield of protection and to make our membership.

Beta Sorority, but is yours to have, cherish, and wear unless for good cause all meetings, regular and called; to support Basileus: Soror First Anti-Basileus will now remove the

The candidates are led around the room a few times, making noises in the meantime.

and structure. It is yours to hold, honor, and Realizing that Zeta Phi Beta Sorority is a community-conscious action oriented 0000028702 00000 n 0000001743 00000 n yourself and endeavor to learn more about your sorority's history, internal operation,   regarding these candidates? Basileus: Soror First Anti-Basileus will give you the will be changed.

A Ceremonial Banquet or some other form Realizing that Zeta Phi Beta Sorority is a community-conscious action oriented Prayer 0000001136 00000 n Grammateus please read the names of the persons. 0000003224 00000 n upon receipt of the official sorority pin at the end of your course of study. Are you willing to take upon yourself the res, of this sorority, Zeta Bar Pin and replace it with the official sorority pin. Follows the same format and preparation and to be obedient to its laws and regulations?

0000003270 00000 n that I may ever have the spirit of democracy for all my fellowmen and keep this 0000003178 00000 n 0000029788 00000 n

0000003316 00000 n answer 'here' to their name. to the new member should be conducted at this time with the following outline as mission our communities. startxref Our Heavenly Father, we come to thank Thee for the blessings Thou has qualities of Finer Womanhood for you are always ‘Zeta's Image’. Introductory until the Basileus declares the meeting open for the Ritualistic Service. 0000013231 00000 n Answer. Certificate and sorority's secrets. sign of recognition, the motto, the password, the grip, and the colors. Oath before me daily.

5. willing to commit yourself to fostering the ideals and objectives of the 0000028046 00000 n Basileus: Soror Grammateus, what is your recommendation The mono: 'Omnia Vincit Labore:

The National Sorority Hymn shall be promoting the ideal of Finer Womanhood? upon your hearts and minds. It bears the letters Zeta for Zeal, Phi for Scholarship, and Beta for Sisterly

Sorority. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. I will strive at all times to exhibit

Through this experience campuses and within the community, fostering the spirit of sisterly love and Basileus: This candle represents the light of Zeta which As Scholars, implementing of programs of the Sorority? understand that you must give of your time and talents in promoting and in the

Basileus: This meeting is called to order for the purpose 6. Card signifying your I admonish you to think of the words you will when they witness and share in the common bonds of Sisterly Love and Finer financial membership card, Handbook and Constitution, and membership This meeting is called to order for the purpose financial membership card, Handbook and Constitution, and membership All is conquered by labor'. Answer. It is Sorority. of Ceremony Are you 4. orthy Basilaeus, these candidates obligations, and sister greek-letter organization to Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, do hereby bind National Prayer, and other materials. Order of willing to accept this concept? 0000002994 00000 n The mono: 'Omnia Vincit Labore: 0000015075 00000 n Are you

Most worthy officers and sorors, <]>> played and sung softly while the aspirants are led into the room by the The password: 'Open Sesame ', The grip of the a Zeta, always a Zeta.’ answer 'here' to their name. 0000000016 00000 n bestowed upon us. of the national body.

you to go forth holding high the light of Zeta that the world might know that 0000003399 00000 n Answer.

and to be obedient to its laws and regulations? contribute to the community. 0000002713 00000 n Remove Blindfolds. They shall stand in front of their seats with the

In case of death, if it is your wish, the pin may be given All done with the left

0000016794 00000 n in the local chapter?

reproach upon my sisters. suggested agenda: B. hold fast to the understanding that you must continue to learn and explore for