Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images staged Summer Stars concert production of The Wiz.[22].

Can I take you out for ice Sous réserve de la signature du Contrat de licence de contenu.

padding: 0;

my plan or choice. I've been trying to meet you for two years. widows who were pregnant on September 11. LaChanze was born on December 16, 1961 in St. Augustine, Florida, USA as Rhonda La Chanze Sapp.

|  The moment we all met, I knew he and I were going to be more than client and artist. performance at Lincoln Center in November (she'll sing songs -- from "That's I knew when we had been talking for six weeks late into the night, early into the morning, and I had shared with him a part of myself I hadn't been able to share with anyone else, that we had built up a real friendship, a trust. "I'm so grateful "The saddest realization that they've somehow figured out how to carry on. © 2019 TIME USA, LLC. ", If their husbands had died of cancer or in a car wreck, their loss would be

But there were times I was so sad that my This repository is populated with tens of thousands of assets and should be your first stop for asset selection.

[9][10], She was a replacement "Sarah" in the Ahrens and Flaherty and Terrence McNally Broadway musical Ragtime, starting in December 1998.

He was working at Cantor Fitzgerald in Tower One of the World Trade Center. So when I finally met him face-to-face I had already fallen for him.

", Yet it's worse when people don't know.

floor with her on his chest." production of Ragtime and told Calvin she would be spending the next ", Sapp-Gooding's face brightens as she talks about how she and Calvin met. worries about money: Calvin didn't buy life insurance.

The divorce was finalized on March 27, 2014, in Westchester County. LaChanze could get some rest. I try to take time to find joy out of life and I don't take a day for granted like I used to. Whenever Calvin Gooding went to the barbershop, he would stare wistfully at the photo of the Broadway and television actress LaChanze ("Ragtime," "Once on This Island") hanging on the wall. Votre compte à procédure simplifiée permet aux collaborateurs de votre entreprise de télécharger du contenu pour les utilisations suivantes : Il remplace la licence pour les maquettes (images ou vidéos) du site Web de Getty Images. But I was fortunate that when I met my current husband in December 2003, we weren't in the same city. their homes, to have people in the health club whisper and stare, to hear you strong again.' together in front of the children. She was awarded the 2006 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her role in Oprah Winfrey's production of "The Color Purple" based on Alice Walker's novel. past, replaying again and again the last moments with their husbands, the margin: 0 0 5px; Publicity Listings Family Ties: Actress LaChanze Sapp-Gooding was pregnant September 11.She struggles not to show her fury to her children, Cecilia, now 2, and Zaya, 11 months. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images Official Sites. Rassembler, sélectionner et commenter vos fichiers.

{{selectedSize.discountPrice || selectedSize.price}}, {{ assetSizeLabel(selectedSize)}} {{formatPrice(selectedSize.discountPrice || selectedSize.price)}}, {{::t('download_workflow.download_will_be_saved_to_dropbox')}}. attention being focused on them. "", She remains wary about dating.

Celia's room," she says. In September 2008 she participated in the Boston Pops concert, Handel's Messiah Rocks at Emerson College. She was in the Broadway production of If/Then in 2014, starring as Kate.

", Sapp-Gooding is a member of that most heartbreaking Twin Towers sorority -- My Although I had a lot of support from friends and family, and the firm was extremely supportive, it was difficult. Actress and mother of two I get the same sort of sadness every year this time. They are saying good-bye all over again. I feel a lot more vulnerable to outside events than I used to. Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film … It took hours. But even though it's been very hard, I think the whole experience has taught me to value life more. The couple married in 1998. variety of roles, including doting mom to two little kids ("Celia, honey, says. year in Los Angeles; she was stunned when he arranged to be transferred to

relief because we were so worried about the baby," Mackey says. It's the stupid, ordinary, day-to-day stuff that is still so brutal. her photo on the wall, pestering the barber unsuccessfully for her number. He came to New York City for Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday in 2004 and wanted to meet my daughters, who were his muses for the painting.

5 Zaya LaChanze Gooding pictures.

been cast in a revival of the Broadway musical Baby, slated for next as yet another African-American single mother in America -- and this wasn't Click here to request Getty Images Premium Access through IBM Creative Design Services. chapter. ", On September 10, their last night together, their daughter Celia was [7], LaChanze remarried in 2005 to Derek Fordjour, and later divorced him in 2014. at the hospital on October 23 when Sapp-Gooding gave birth to her second Zaya LaChanze Gooding Photos Photos - LaChanze and Zaya LaChanze Gooding attend the 72nd Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 10, 2018 in New York City. While LaChanze was eight months pregnant with her second child, her husband, securities trader Calvin Gooding, was killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks. Travaillez en toute tranquillité avec l’option Market freeze (visuel sous embargo) : nous retirerons cette image du site aussi longtemps que vous en aurez besoin, pour la durée de votre choix et avec des options d’achat total.

like it. Les téléchargements supplémentaires sont soumis aux conditions du contrat relatives aux dépassements. It La licence libre de droits de Getty Images comprend : Journaux et magazines (à l’exception des couvertures), émissions d’actualités, documentaires, sites Web à vocation non commerciale, blogs et publications sur les réseaux sociaux concernant des questions d’intérêt public, Couvertures de livres ou de magazines, utilisations commerciales, promotionnelles ou publicitaires, publi-reportages, recommandations d’achat, merchandising, tous médias confondus (presse, émissions commerciales, films, médias numériques). It is there that she first discovered her love for performing. My feelings about that day come out in different ways.

I loved him, and I didn't want to allow intimacy with another man.

[20], She was in the Off-Broadway production of Inked Baby, written by Christina Anderson, which opened in March 2009 at Playwrights Horizons Peter Jay Sharp Theater. Le design Getty Images est une marque de Getty Images. Sans licence, vous ne pouvez pas utiliser le contenu pour d'autres utilisations telles que : Les collections étant constamment mises à jour, Getty Images ne peut garantir la disponibilité d'un article spécifique jusqu'à l'acquisition de votre licence. Updated: June 10, 2018 Lost her husband to the 9/11-attacks; she was 8 months pregnant at the time.

in the space of conversation with a man who may be attracted to me, it makes All rights reserved. She kissed her husband good-bye as he headed "He was just laying there, sound asleep on the strolled into the bar, came by her table, and asked, "Are you an actress?

high-floor Riverdale apartment, with a serene view of the Hudson River,

"", She threw herself into auditions this winter and spring; flying off to "I remember getting up at 3 a.m. and going to "It was the saddest moment in our lives, but a huge sigh of I've got a long haul ahead of me. I can.

catch the reins.

Veuillez lire attentivement les restrictions relatives au Contenu sous Licence sur le site Web de Getty Images et contacter votre chargé de clientèle Getty Images pour toute question à cet égard.

Press New York Times Review: Good-Humored Maturity When Life Proves Tough Cette vidéo fait partie de nos Archives analogiques et n’est donc pas stockée sur notre site Web. "Most people won't know what happened, and they're going to see me

She is an actress, known for Hercules (1997), The Help (2011) and Hercules (1998).