Kharma Chris Jericho On that night Raw defeated Nitro in the ratings for the first time since June 10, 1996. one suggestion though, replace the divas title with the Women's championship. Shane McMahon British Bulldog Real-life issues were often mined for storyline content, blurring the lines between fiction and reality. I like this a lot, it's really not a bad idea. The year was notable for Steve Austin's rivalry with Bret Hart, which culminated with Austin's rise to prominence, as well the feud between Hart and Shawn Michaels. Big Show Lita (Attitude Era) Santino Marella St. Valentine's Day Massacre: In Your House, http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wwechampionship/30445413, http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/history/wm14/mainevent/, http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/5997/, https://wweuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/The_Attitude_Era?oldid=6300, March 24, 1997 - Bret Hart gives a speech that officially turns him heel in the United States; claiming American fans disrespect him for no reason. *By the way I don't like using Divas in my game, so if you guys do, your going to have to look up that info yourselves. Within two years, WCW had become so unsuccessful that it lost its primetime television deal.

On the Raw after Austin won the WWE Championship, Mr. McMahon presented him with the newly designed WWE Championship belt and informed Austin he did not approve of his rebellious nature and that if he didn't conform to society and become his image of what a WWE Champion should be, Fuck would face severe consequences. WWE Universe Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. Primo This is great..I have a question though since you set the dx stable like you have there, if I set any of those members to be in a tag match will they come out to the dx entrance or will only the first two listed in the edit team menu (the tag team slots) have the entrance? "2007 Wrestling Almanac & Book of Facts". The conflict behind the scenes spilled out into their on-screen storyline, with both men making pointed personal remarks in interviews that were often rooted in these legitimate issues. WCW had dissolved and ECW became integrated into the company. Faarooq (APA) Diesel/Kevin Nash (Kevin Scott Nash) 1993-1996, 2002-2003, 2011-2020 See also: New World Order. During his second tenure with the WWE, Jake Roberts was promoted as a "Cinderella" story. In the closing moments of the match Austin countered Michaels' finishing Sweet Chin Music and executed his finisher, the Stone Cold Stunner. April 13, 1998 - For the first time since June 10, 1996, 84 weeks in total, WWE Raw wins over WCW's Monday Nitro in the ratings when on Raw, September 27, 1998 - Breakdown in Your House - The main event was a, October 26, 1998 - Was the last time that, December 7, 1998 - The Undertaker has his druids chain Stone Cold Steve Austin to his "Undertaker Symbol" and raised high into the arena in the entranceway. And if anything is wrong let me know so I can fix … I was thinking of putting something similar to this together myself too but just never got round to doing it so good job mate. Chyna. Road Warrior Hawk Big Boss Man Similar to the 1980s professional wrestling boom, the Attitude Era was a surge in the popularity of professional wrestling in the United States from the late 1990s to early 2000s, as television ratings and pay-per-view buy-rates hit record highs. Nikki Bella Well heres my WWF Attitude Era roster. Zack Ryder Roster. Al Snow Big Boss Man Big Show Billy Gunn Bradshaw Bubbay Ray Dudley Chris Jericho. Perhaps the only individual to rival Steve Austin in popularity during this time was The Rock, a third-generation star who was originally introduced to fans as Rocky Maivia and pushed as a major face upon his debut. Heroic characters were replaced with disaffected antiheroes and family friendly storylines were replaced with stories based on shock value, similar to the "Trash TV" genre popularized in the 1990s. Kane In May 2002 the WWE was renamed WWE due to a court-battle over the initials with the World Wide Fund for Nature. Jinder Mahal During the Monday Night Wars, a ratings battle between the WWF's Monday Night Raw and WCW's Monday Nitro, the WWE would transform itself from a family-friendly product into a more adult orientated product. Triple H (D-Generation X) Throughout the WWE Championship match, Tyson bickered with both Austin and Michaels, who was upset that Tyson wasn't doing everything possible to ensure that Austin would be unsuccessful. This era was spearheaded by Vince McMahon and head writer Vince Russo, who drastically changed the way professional wrestling television was written.

On April 27, 1998 Nitro was held at the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia, while Raw was held nearby at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia. With this, Tyson turned on Michaels and D-Generation X as Austin became the new WWE Champion. AJ Lee (RAW General Manager), Road Warrior Animal As it physically symbolized Austin being crucified, this event caused outcry from many religious activists and to this day is one of the most controversial moments in, January 4, 1999 – Shawn Michaels turns against, March 28, 1999 – Chyna briefly reunites with DX and Triple H, although they both turn against X-Pac and join, April 26, 1999 - The Undertaker tries to marry.

Let me know what you guys think. Mark Henry Road Dogg Jesse James He enters a brawl with Steve Austin, seeing McMahon irate at Austin for the first time. The Miz After winning the title, you defend the title against the top 5 wrestlers. Stone Cold Steve Austin, a prominent figure of the Attitude Era hence the nickname "The Austin Era. The Attitude Era proved to be a huge marketing success for the WWE, drawing in a previously unaccounted for young adult demographic that allowed them to successfully cripple competitor WCW by defeating them in the ratings wars. List of World Wrestling Entertainment employees. In retaliation for Vince using them as pawns in his "Higher Power" scheme, Linda and Stephanie McMahon gave their shares of the WWE to Stone Cold giving him half of the WWE ownership as the four McMahons each had 25%. Road Dogg (Brian Girard James) 1994-1995, 1996-2001, 2011- See also: D-Generation X Doink the Clown (Matt Osborne, Steve Keirn, Steve Lombardi, Dusty Wolfe, John Maloof, Ray Liccachelli, Jeff Jarrett, Chris Irvine, Nick Dinsmore, Dwaine Henderson) 1992-1995, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010 Btw, I added Bret Hart to the roster because I was reading older Attitude Era Roster threads and people were asking where Bret Hart was. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin The following week, Hart reforms the Hart Foundation with his contracted relatives (, August 3, 1997 - Bret Hart defeats the Undertaker in a title-match at, October 13, 1997 - The group of Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Rick Rude, and Chyna birth their group name. Kane. The feud between Hart and Michaels was particularly notable in that the two men had serious real-life issues with one another. Chris Jericho (Y2J) Austin flipped off Tyson, which led to Tyson shoving Austin and the two fighting until being separated and subdued by Tyson's and McMahon's security. *Usually here when I want to I'll just edit the matches to people I wanna use not on either roster because it won't effect Raw or Smackdown at all. The Rock The Undertaker (The Lord of Darkness) Kevin Nash X-Pac The World Wrestling Federation logo used to represent the company's "Attitude" promotion. Trish Stratus. D'Lo Brown. CM Punk Mr. McMahon Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat.

During this same period, the WWE had become so financially powerful, that McMahon was able to buy the company from AOL Time Warner at a dramatically reduced valuation. *Make sure to edit Raw and Smackdown and put both the Smackdown and Raw rosters on each show, because during the Attitude Era the rosters were expanded with no draft. Linda McMahon resigned as CEO of WWE and named Stone Cold Steve Austin as the new CEO.