John Roberts, recently removed from his post as the co-anchor for CNN’s “American Morning” program, has found a new cable news home at the Fox News Channel. seeing how little news fnc does anyway, he’ll be off work most of the time! Overall this is interesting stuff for those of us who watch cable news regularly though as Jeff Greenfield said from a link on another thread we are not that big of a group compared to the folks that watch regular broadcast news. I don’t see him having any problems adapting to FNC’s well documented policy of telling reporters how to treat stories so as to put Republicans in a good light and paint Democrats & Obama administration as the evil empire. Prior to joining CNN, Mr. Roberts worked at CBS News for 14 years. This morning on the local Fox station , he sat in for Chris Wallace. Last year CNN was involved in a very different bungled change; the exit/push of Larry King and the hiring of Piers Morgan. [20] The Associated Press reported that Roberts' departure was at his request so he could move closer to fiancée and CNN anchor Kyra Phillips. Who knows? [24], Divorced in 2008, John Roberts announced his engagement to Kyra Phillips on April 25, 2010. Roberts is a fine anchor and should have got Dan Rather’s job when he left. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Roberts… I don’t think so. Funny thing, people were calling Kiran Chetry dumb, a bimbo, etc for years. [3] He worked at various radio and television jobs before joining CTV in 1990, CBS News in 1992 and CNN in 2006. ", But, as he declined to answer whether he believed the justices should have intervened in that Florida-based dispute, the prescient Roberts asserted, "I do think that ... the propriety of Supreme Court review in matters of disputed electoral contests is a matter that could come up again.

In March 2003, Roberts was embedded with the 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion of the U.S. Marines during the initial invasion of Iraq. He and Christopher Ward were the first on-air personalities appearing when the network launched in 1984. In a memo to staff, CNN president Ken Jautz said that the network is "discussing" an Atlanta-based role for Roberts. John David Roberts (born November 15, 1956) is a Canadian-American television journalist currently working for the Fox News Channel, as its chief White House correspondent. It wouldn’t say it was looking to find a Larry King replacement, even though the stories about Morgan had been circulating for a while, until King “announced” his leaving and a separation deal had been signed. I can only figure Roger Ailes saw an opportunity to make CNN look bad by throwing some extra cash Roberts way. not really. (JR better hope he doesn’t make the PR hacks at FNC mad or he’ll get a reaming!).

Despite his entrenched right-wing views dating to his work in the Reagan administration, Roberts developed a pattern of leaving the fold in highly visible, politically drenched cases. [26], 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, "Fox News' John Roberts, ABC's Kyra Phillips married journalists in White House first", "Why Did John Roberts Join Fox News? We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. During that time, Roberts also served as Entertainment reporter for CITY-TV and on occasion filled in for John Majhor and later Brad Giffen on CITY-TV's local music video show Toronto Rocks.

Mel Gibson’s Ex-Girlfriend to Keep Her Lawyer, Fox Offers an Early Glimpse of Its New Season, NPR Series on Race Aims to Build a Wider Audience, Alec Baldwin Said to Be in Talks to Join NBC’s Late-Night Lineup. CNN ends up looking feckless. That left in place a Pennsylvania court decision allowing mailed ballots to be counted up to three days after Election Day, despite familiar yet unfounded claims from Republicans regarding "the taint of" illegal ballots. The network also said that it will be revamping the show and that a series of interim anchors will take Roberts' place alongside Kiran Chetry for the time being. Roberts going to FNC would not be the story it is for CNN had it not made it look like he was staying put.

In February 2006, Roberts left CBS and joined CNN. Jautz told CNN staff that a retooling of the show is already underway: We have been making some format changes to the show to make it better suited to the morning and to better reflect the way people view news as they're getting going with their day.

It wouldn’t say for sure that Piers was the one until it had hired him. As a young lawyer, Barrett worked on the country's last major election fight, the 2000 Bush v. Gore case, on the side of Bush. In an August 2016 sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News, Andrea Tantaros claimed that Roberts, Scott Brown, and Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed her. Moreover, the show's executive producer, Jamie Kraft, has left CNN to become a producer at "NBC Nightly News.". There are two active questions here: 1) Was Costello ad libbing in the dark, not knowing Roberts and/or CNN had no intention of getting back together? Between 1989 and 1990 Roberts was an anchor/reporter for WCIX[9] (now WFOR-TV), the CBS-owned and operated television station in Miami, Florida. 'gma' anchors side with robin roberts while addressing abc exec controversy The tweet included an "L" at the end, though it is unclear if that was alluding to the unnamed CNN executive or a typo.

If she has EVER watched a debate on the floor of Congress or a committee hearing with Issa involved (which I’m sure she wouldn’t have a second of patience for either one, instead wanting to watch brainless reality show), she would have an idea on how to spell it. Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The only anchor slots that could go to Roberts are the Bret Baier or Chris Wallace ones and I don’t see either of those two opening up in the near future. ", Why Pennsylvania court ruling is a win for Democrats, Supreme Court allows Pennsylvania to count mail-in ballots received after Election Day, Supreme Court is about to have 3 Bush v. Gore alumni sitting on the bench, Behind closed doors during one of John Roberts' most surprising years on the Supreme Court, block Trump's plan to add a citizenship question, Amy Coney Barrett grilled on voting rights as 2020 election is underway. The world’s absolute best prices on hotel rooms, airfare and car rentals…, […]In Depth: The CNN – John Roberts Debacle… « Inside Cable News[…]…. [12] Roberts was also the news reader and substitute anchor for Harry Smith on CBS This Morning and The Early Show. If you want to see somebody without a fully functioning brain, it’s Carlson and her beauty pageant ways of thinking and putting together coherent thoughts.

The paper writes that Roberts will shift to a role as national correspondent based out of Atlanta, where his fiancee, CNN daytime anchor Kyra Phillips, lives. But what we do know is that CNN horribly bungled the Roberts situation.

I follow this stuff so I see tons of it.

CNN has to face a bunch of questions it doesn’t want to face. The fact that no statement did come out in the days between Roberts’ sign off (or even before) and today’s news, combined with the internal memo Jautz put out stating CNN’s intention to give Roberts a new role, suggests Roberts and CNN were still on a path to Roberts staying with the network.

“I thought it interesting that he’s taking a “reporter” job with FNC and not an anchor position.”.

Roberts had been taken off CNN's … [21], Executives at CNN confirmed on January 3, 2011, that Roberts would be leaving CNN to join Fox News as a national correspondent, based in Atlanta. Barrett, 48, has a record and approach to the law that puts her to the far right of the 65-year-old Roberts. [25] They have twin children named Sage Ann and Kellan Clay. The New Music was a pioneering program that pre-dated MTV. It’s a pretty classless way to treat an employer who, as far as I can tell, treated him well. [23], In January 2017, Roberts became chief White House correspondent for Fox News. Roberts, Beker and the New Music team won many awards for their work. At MuchMusic he hosted many programs, including a one-hour heavy metal video show called The Power Hour. [6], Roberts was born in Toronto, Ontario and grew up in Mississauga, Ontario. What annoys me about Gretchen is that she’s a well educated woman acting like a ‘blond barbie doll’. Part of HuffPost Media.

Facebook has disabled my account and apparently deleted an unknown number of leafBuilder re-directional links in the process.

Also, if needed he’d be a good fill-in for Shep though I personally like Trace. Executives at CNN confirmed Monday that Mr. Roberts, who served as the morning anchor for the network since April 2007, would be joining Fox News as a national correspondent, based in Atlanta. CNN wouldn’t let things get this far and let it go out over its air if it didn’t have some contractual thing ironed out, right? I wasn’t referring to you at all, Joe. It’s the kind of distraction the network doesn’t need.

CNN already had Roberts name off AM, but he’s still on their “anchors” list. Ouch.

Trump, whose reelection fate may hinge on legal rulings, called the court's action on Pennsylvania "ridiculous" and "very strange" in an interview on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday morning. That pattern counteracted the Trump message that any "Obama judge" or other Democratic appointee would automatically rule against his interests and anyone he appointed to the bench would be on his side.

I’t just stupid now. I could be on a morning show and no one would watch, so FNC could have hired me, for cheap, I might add. All rights reserved. The case was dismissed. John Roberts Officially Leaving CNN's 'American Morning' CNN officially announced Tuesday that John Roberts will leave its morning show, "American Morning," at the end of the year.

In July 2006 and August 2006, Roberts reported from the front lines in the Israel/Hezbollah war and at one point, embedded with an Israeli infantry unit, marching 10 miles into Lebanon. The New York Post reported on December 7, 2010, that Roberts would depart American Morning and become a national correspondent based out of CNN's headquarters in Atlanta. This suppression stems from powerful corrupted elements and individuals I believe to be a part of the CABLE NEWS & MEDIA industry, as well as sources and individuals who are within their circles, possibly including government officials. I’d love to see him on F&F but that’s too much to hope for. I thought it interesting that he’s taking a “reporter” job with FNC and not an anchor position.

What got in the way?

Bad show all around. Then for the first few months after becoming a host of F&F, she didn’t seem to quite fit in with the light-hearted banter of the show, and there wasn’t much chemistry happening between her and her co-hosts, either. So, shall I start my watch for how long it takes JR to try and weasel his girlfriend into FNC? Change ), The world's absolute best prices on hotel rooms, airfare and car rentals. He attended Erindale Secondary School and Lorne Park Secondary School and later the University of Toronto's Erindale College. Joining Roberts were the three remaining liberal justices, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.