They also can't send you messages or video calls. Doesn’t work. AND, you used my page! wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. You need to send them a new friend request.

), YOU MUST DELETE EVERY SINGLE UNWANTED AND USELESS APPLICATIONS BY CLICKING THE SMALL X ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE APPS. A friend of mine told me she’s suddenly getting all sorts of random Facebook notification on her smartphone, and at first she didn’t even realize it was related to close friends. Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. This article has been viewed 620,734 times. In the upper-left corner, select Settings > Report a Problem. Oy adding them to your Close Friends list does that. By using Lifewire, you accept our, Limit the Audience for Posts You've Shared, Review All Your Posts and Things You're Tagged In, How to Block Strangers From Finding You on Facebook, How to Block Searches of Your Facebook Profile, How to Add, Tag, Unfollow, Remove, and Block Facebook Friends, How to View Your Facebook Profile as Public, Threat to share intimate images or videos. Thanks for showing off my cute kiddos . It may take a bit of time though if you had a lot like me! Instead, use these steps. I get many friend suggestions that say this person has 16 or more friends in common with me, but when I click on “16 mutual friends” it shows nothing. Hi Marinda – The mutual friends thing is because some of them have THEIR friend-lists hidden. When I go into facebook and go to my friend’s list and I go down and click on a friend, it takes me back to my timeline page. Look for empty space at the top.

Now only friends will be able to see past posts. I can't find my friend on Facebook. Next to Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?, select Edit. 4. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. 2. Facebook's privacy settings can be found in one place. Make the following adjustments for each section. 1 – Either as you are adding someone, or by visiting their personal profile, click on the Friends button that has the checkmark on it. In the dropdown list, select Friends or Only me.

Can I see likes from the person who restricted me? These people can then select your name to go directly to your profile. Former Lifewire writer Linda Roeder is a longtime web enthusiast and consultant with a broad knowledge of how personal web pages, blogs, and social networking. –Karen Clark. After you make these changes, strangers will no longer be able to see you on Facebook or send you messages. In the Block users section, in the Block users field, enter the person's name. Either that, or the person's page you are on has his/her posts filtered so you can't see his/her friends. It doesn’t affect notifications. This is more than likely a Facebook glitch. The more you interact with someone, the more you are likely to see their posts organically in the feed. The block feature does not apply to groups, apps, or games that both of you belong to.

Or they have deactivated their page. Thanks! First of all download and install latest version of Google Chrome Browser in your computer. In some cases, older posts will still be accessible, but there is an option to hide those as well. Issue loading facebook profile/notifications, Cannot view or edit my profile on Facebook. Ask a mutual friend to compare. It worked. It worked like a charm for me. A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Now click on friends option there in your friends profile. You reserve the right to access and change your personal data, aswell as the right to request its deletion within the limits permitted by law. If you allow "Everyone" to send you friend requests, you're more likely to end up with a stranger as a friend. That’s going to be a lot of work otherwise. 1. Facebook might have changed its privacy settings, limiting what you can see until you and your friends adjust their privacy settings online. It depends on why you were restricted. I had my facebook acct hacked and all of my friends were removed. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Change it from Most Updates to All Updates if that is what you want. Now login into your facebook account and open the profile of friends whose hidden friends you want to see. Next to Review all your posts and things you're tagged in, select Use Activity Log. What does it mean if it says I have multiple mutual friends on Facebook, but it only shows a few? Thanks, GOT IT!! You can remove people from lists by either visiting the list and clicking See All for who is a member of it, or by going to their profile, hover over the Friends button, and Uncheck the list they are on. Tags and likes provide links for strangers to access your profile. Changing these privacy settings should prevent strangers from being able to see your Facebook profile. Tested. After you’ve figured it out it’s not complicated at all, but finding it among all of Facebook’s different features can take some time. That should help! By using our site, you agree to our. The information gathered is for Communitic International to ensure the sending of the newsletter. Depending on when your friend made their public posts, you might not see a gap here even if you have been restricted. What do I do if there's 2 time stamps on a post on Facebook? Why is that? You can also select the post link, then use the editing tools at the top of the post to remove a tag. How can I see what my profile looks like to people on Facebo... Why can't I see some of my Facebook friends in an app?

Under What happened? If they can see posts that you can't, then you'll know that person has blocked you from seeing their posts. Can I still see old posts on a friend's page when they have restricted me? Under Where is the problem?

My Facebook group can't be found in search. Today is your lucky day because I saw your comment and am responding. When you block someone, they can't see the things you post, tag you, start a conversation, add you as a friend, or invite you to events. Or if you simply don’t want to see their photos, game activity or other items, you can UNcheck only those types of posts. To find the cause try moving to a different location, or have your friends check their Facebook settings online. Facebook might have changed its privacy settings, limiting what you can see until you and your friends adjust their privacy settings online. Are these high end tools, or something simple? There may be some people you’d like to reduce visibility with, and others you would like to increase visibility with. Add comment, 2942 users have said thank you to us this month. You can see what your profile looks like to people on Facebook who you're not friends with. This saved me time! I use Screenflow and sometimes a Logitech headset but this was just the built in mic! select Limit Past Posts. On the top right corner, click the Account tab. But if there are specific people contacting you, you can block them and their messages. How can I see theirs but others that are not my friend cant see it on my page? Some elements of your Facebook profile are always public, such as your profile photo and background photo. Hi, how do I make all my events (in my about me box “Going to Justins Birhtday party”) public to everyone,,, and yes this IS a public event,,,, I noticed that only my friends can see this is my about me box,,, yet when I go to someones page I am NOT friends with and they too are going to this same event, it shows in their “about me box” , Going to Justins birthday party…. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f6\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f6\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/aid4493378-v4-728px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Fair Use<\/a> (screenshot)
\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/19\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/19\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/aid4493378-v4-728px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/00\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-3-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-3-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/00\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-3-Version-3.jpg\/aid4493378-v4-728px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-3-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6e\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-4-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-4-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6e\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-4-Version-3.jpg\/aid4493378-v4-728px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-4-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3f\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3f\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-5.jpg\/aid4493378-v4-728px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/99\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/99\/Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-6.jpg\/aid4493378-v4-728px-Find-Out-if-You-Have-Been-Restricted-on-Facebook-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, How to Find Out if You Have Been Restricted on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10201401648577083, Descobrir Se Você Foi Restringido no Facebook, Scoprire se sei nella Lista Restrizioni su Facebook, découvrir si on a été restreint sur Facebook, Herausfinden ob du auf Facebook eingeschränkt wurdest, Erachter komen of je bent toegevoegd aan de lijst 'Niet toegankelijk' op Facebook, Mengetahui Apakah Anda Dibatasi di Facebook, معرفة إذا أضافك أحد لقائمة المقيدين على فيسبوك, เช็คว่าคุณอยู่ใน Restricted List ของเพื่อนใน Facebook หรือเปล่า, Nhận biết nếu bạn bị hạn chế trên Facebook, पता लगायें यदि आपको फेसबुक पर प्रतिबंधित किया है (Find Out if You Have Been Restricted on Facebook), Facebook'ta Kısıtlanıp Kısıtlanmadığın Nasıl Anlaşılır, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow.