Burns, who 17 years ago co-founded Rooster Teeth and served as its longtime creative director, announced his … Burns holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science from UT Austin. “[A]s I set out on this new journey with my family and two cats at my side, that means my time walking the halls here at Rooster Teeth has come to an end,” Burns wrote in a message on his website.

Burns was one of the founding members of Rooster Teeth in 2003 in Austin, Texas. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

“We look forward to returning to a country that has made many long overdue changes to benefit all of its citizens.” (Burns didn’t respond to a request for more information.). Co-founder Burnie Burns is leaving Rooster Teeth... and the country, apparently. With that change, Burns shifted from serving as Rooster Teeth’s chief creative officer into an executive producer role to lead “high-profile projects” across the company. We look forward to returning to a country that has made many long overdue changes to benefit all of its citizens.

The end of an era has come to pass: Not just in the Austin creative scene, but in the history of streaming content, as Rooster Teeth cofounder Burnie Burns just announced via his Twitter feed that he has left the company that he helped create and turn into an online leviathan.

Burnie Burns is a 47 years old famous film producer. Burnie Burns, an iconic co-founder of Rooster Teeth, is moving on to start a new chapter in his life. Burns, who 17 years ago co-founded Rooster Teeth and served as its longtime creative director, announced his departure from WarnerMedia-owned RT on Thursday in a tweet, linking to a new website, burnie.com.

Close. The telco assumed full ownership of Rooster Teeth following its buyout of Otter from Chernin Group in 2018. The departure is not altogether surprising. Last fall, Rooster Teeth laid off 13% of its staff and shook up the senior leadership team: TV veteran Jordan Levin came in as general manager as part of a reorg in which Burns and co-founders Matt Hullum and Geoff Ramsey took on new creative roles at the company. “It is difficult to leave my home country during such a tumultuous time. “Burnie is a visionary and we look forward to his new ideas continuing to energize this unique company that he and his founding partners built. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. His exit from the digital-media and fandom company comes after a series of major changes at Rooster Teeth under the purview of Otter Media, a division of AT&T’s WarnerMedia.

The large version ($14.95) has a burn time of 2.5 hours and the medium ($12.95) will last 1.5 hours. Can't keep up with happenings around town? Co-founder and former CEO Burnie Burns is leaving Rooster Teeth, as well as the United States in general.

I wish him all the best. This is just the natural order of things. Burnie Burns is an American on-camera host, film producer, director, screenwriter, and animated filmmaker known for his Machinima work on the Red vs. Blue series. Burns also premiered P.A.N.I.C.S., a new mini-series that utilizes the F.E.A.R. Your support has meant the world to me and I hope that I had even a fraction of the positive impact on your life that you have had on mine. It is difficult to leave my home country during such a tumultuous time.

However, he will continue to be involved in the company, as they are currently working on a first-look deal for his future projects. Why Is 'Saturday Night Live' Suddenly Booking So Many Older Rock Bands? “All of us at Rooster Teeth are very excited for Burnie and his family’s new adventure,” Levin said in a statement provided to Variety. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. Another day, another blow to Rooster Teeth.