Passenger wrote:Last night, a West Air Sweden Canadair CRJ-200 with only postal cargo has crashed during a flight from Oslo to Tromso (Norway).Two crew on board.

The crew's subsequent response resulted in spatial disorientation, leading to the loss of control of the aircraft. I notice a certain very specific phrase in a few of these write-ups: 'Recognizable as having been part of an airplane.'. In the US, we have been trained on "startle events" like this for years. Read about spatial disorientation in flying, there's multiple ways it can onset. https://www.bitchute.com/video/8I3Gis2k5vDg/, . If they didn't unreasonably or grossly deviate from it than I can't really fault them for their actions.

A malfunction in one of the inertial reference units had produced erroneous attitude indications on one of the instrument displays. Again, a crash I actually found out a fair bit about only recently, thanks to the Mayday documentary - a little bit of blame does have to go with the pilots sadly; okay, the computer system failure was not the captain's fault and whilst his response doomed what could have been a savable situation, he hadn't been given the proper training at West Air Sweden … Link to the archive of all 151 episodes of the plane crash series. So you'd just think you were recovering from the deviation from normal flight. We do have organs to sense equilibrium... in 2D walking around. video of an F4 Phantom being rocket sledded into a concrete wall. Air Crash Investigation-Impossible Pitch. I'm amazed the black boxes survived that kind of impact-- even moreso after seeing their condition. This is just terrifiyng. Airspeed is normal, thrust is normal, everything else looks stable. Note: Due to temporarily limited internet access, I may not be able to fix typos or other mistakes until next week. save hide report…

Is there any sense in including analog instruments like a gyro or horizon indicator, etc, as backup for special disorientation situations? If the issue persists, then please contact us at [email protected]. Usually, they induce some sort of airspeed indication error and let you put yourself in to an unusual attitude (if it gets that far) and then apply a recovery technique. The impact supposedly left a crater 20 meters wide and 6 meters deep. Have you ever jumped or dived a little deeper into the water? Furthermore, next week's article, scheduled for Saturday the 1st of August, will be delayed until late Monday or early Tuesday. This is an interesting one because so many crashes involve pilots becoming disoriented and ignoring their instruments. WTF are you supposed to do when this happens? Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video. Creators are allowed to post content they produce to the platform, so long as they comply with our, Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over.

I'm not a pilot so I don't know the standard of training these two had (without the Upset Recovery modules). The way the plane completely disintegrated to nothing.

So you're supposed to take a moment to call out your observations, scan the instruments, and communicate. What I don't yet understand is how they (or, the main pilot) couldn't "feel" what was going on. West Air Sweden Flight 294 was a cargo flight of a Canadair CRJ200 from Oslo to Tromsø, Norway that crashed on 8 January 2016. I love reading your posts, although they always make me feel like shit lol. Arguably however people are only as good as their training. Check/Ask captain" to the Copilot. These are my favorites, the ones that rest on human factors. The autopilot disconnect forced them to suddenly focus on flying the plane and stopped them thinking about what caused the disconnect. It sucks that this time the best thing to do was actually to not immediately take positive control. You're correct in that the pilots actions are what ultimately doomed the plane however how much you blame them depends on how much their current level of training could have helped. The question I would ask is how were they trained to react, and did they unreasonably deviate from that. A West Atlantic Sweden Canadair CRJ-200, registration SE-DUX performing postal flight PT-294 (dep Jan 7th) from Oslo to Tromso (Norway) with 2 crew and 4.5 tons of mail and parcels, was enroute at FL330 about 75nm west of Kiruna (Sweden) in the border region between Norway and Sweden… West Air Sweden. And as before - because it was built by people who don't actually fly planes or even play videogames and have no cockpit situational awareness.

There's a video of an F4 Phantom being rocket sledded into a concrete wall and it gets absolutely atomised. 29 comments. In order to solve this and prevent from it ever happening again, flight-critical systems - airspeed, descent speed, inclinometers, but not radio, navigation and secondary equipment - should provide a non-deactivable visual directive warning "No redundancy XXX! 5.7 per million flight hours, come on!

Fly it, then troubleshoot it. what is shown in this picture? It's kind of painful thinking of ignoring the PFD display attitude indicator, it feels wrong and disorienting. They just hadn't received it yet. Was this possibly also just him with blinkers on? For a better BitChute user experience,Login or Register now! Pilot reacts to display showing them going nose high.

Press J to jump to the feed. The sad part is that that training was already being rolled out. Please provide the details of your appeal, including why you believe this target has been incorrectly moderated. Fatalities. More posts from the CatastrophicFailure community, Continue browsing in r/CatastrophicFailure. The conclusion was that everyone should have the additional "upset recovery" training that teaches them to do things like vocalise their actions. 478 points. To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below. We are supporting where as the outside is a balmy minus 60 - one cents fuel the 40 - two -year-old Spanish captain has more than 30 - 300. There's no stall warning, no buffeting, no overspeed, no GPWS, no other warning. Please select the most appropriate reason from the list provided. I feel like many of life's poor interactions come from failure to describe the problem to each other. Because from my naive perspective I'd say "ok, the tool says we're going up, but it feels like forward, feels like down... what's going on?" A malfunction in one of the inertial reference units had produced erroneous attitude indications on one of the instrument …. Don't we have an organ of equilibrium?

Nose high is bad because you slow down (or lose enough AOA at high altitude) and possibly stall. That looked like a tiny broken circuit board inside a flattened steel box. More posts from the AdmiralCloudberg community. Which is usually the right thing to do but in this case was actually wrong. In a case like this where there’s a mismatch, but the damage isn’t severe enough to completely break the sensor, the plane doesn’t know which sensor is the broken one. Please specify the time offset in the video where the issue occurs. First reports … An error has occurred whilst processing your request! That crash was incredible and the fact they got anything at all from it is amazing. Take your time, thank you for these articles. We will investigate and inform you of the outcome. We got 8 extra rocket boosters to shoot us to the moon!". Cookies help us deliver our Services. To complete the login process, please enter the one time code that was sent to your email address. I see bigfoot and a white robot doing something off in the distance, which is probably wrong but I can't figure what else it could be. Note: Due to temporarily limited internet access, I may not be able to fix typos or other mistakes until next week. Don't you feel it in your seat and everything, the G forces? This is just terrifiyng. I am sure I would've pitched down when I had to suddenly take manual control in that situation. Things like objects floating up would not be unexpected, that can happen when levelling off hard from a steep fast climb too, any time you're doing negative Gs. West Air Sweden Flight 294 was a cargo flight of a Canadair CRJ200 from Oslo to Tromsø, Norway that crashed on 8 January 2016.

I wondered the same thing, in these incidents where they get incorrect pitch information I wonder if a spirit level would help! A malfunction in one of the … Note: For copyright infringement claims see the Terms & Conditions.

PS. I do like the suggested training change of calling out "nose down" instead of "help me". In a simulator, you are primed to expect this kind of scenario. The tenacity of investigators in puzzling out the root of an accident in these cases is incredibly impressive. Please provide the email address associated with your account to receive the password reset instructions. it's always disconcerting when a new flaw in the system or the plane always materialises because there's no way of pilots being trained to handle a potential situation; it can only be during flight and there's where a poor response can doom a plane. Again, a crash I actually found out a fair bit about only recently, thanks to the Mayday documentary - a little bit of blame does have to go with the pilots sadly; okay, the computer system failure was not the captain's fault and whilst his response doomed what could have been a savable situation, he hadn't been given the proper training at West Air Sweden (credit to them for embarking on upset recovery training).