From my ear level down is a level 8 that's brassy with a dominant orange hue. Can you recommend a toner shade?

When you have it yellow like the inside of a banana peel, use Wella T18 to remove the brassiness and achieve a white-platinum. Returns

I realize we probably should've bleached her roots before toning but because her hair is so fine we try not to bleach unless her roots are really noticeable and "bad" looking.

Reading up and watching videos it is all a bit confusing.

Never have done a toner or nkeach just dye jobs. So I'm wondering if I need to re-lighten my roots using a 20 vol developer as well as a toner this time, and will my hair take that? This can happen if you use an ash toner (which contains more green tones) or blue-tinted toner on yellow-toned hair, as the combination could result in a greenish color. Alex Rose (author) from Virginia on March 10, 2020: If you're going to platinum, you'll need your hair to be bleached to yellow! What Wella toner would you recommend to put on brown hair that got bleached to a yellow level 7/8? What if I want a lower level bronde or golden hair/highlights?

But again, be sure to use a moisturizing conditioner, as toning shampoos can end up drying out your hair.

I realize we probably should've bleached her roots before toning but because her hair is so fine we try not to bleach unless her roots are really noticeable and "bad" looking. Instead, go lighter through the lengths with a free-hand lightener, like Blondor Freelights, and leave an inch of shadow at the top for a grown-out effect. I do have a few articles on how to bleach at home, so if you're in it for the long haul you can absolutely learn. I haven't had this issue before, but I'd try just washing it out first and then adjusting to the T18. It is used mostly for blondes to get rid of the yellow hue, but it would most likely work here as well. Thank you. If this were me, I'd try out a color remover next. Sitting here with white blonde hair and yellow roots! Something like your picture, captioned (my new look) My friend reccomended to dye my hair with an Ash/gold blonde level 7. This article has been viewed 435,528 times.

So, if you're trying to go blonde, you should first remove the red dye, then bleach roots/the rest of your hair to the level you desire. I have medium blonde hair, and I get a lot of very light highlights.

It is possible that your chemicals or brands were bad? The figure before the stroke denotes the depth (how light or dark the hair is), and the figure after indicates what color you’ll see. who keep hands on keyboards and inform others who need it. Ugh. Privacy Policy

I went back to Sallys and was recommended doing another round of bleach with the 20 developer all over my hair followed up by T14 toner.

I would like to tone my highlights so the new growth isn't quite as much of a contrast. There are many ways to prevent brassy hair, but I've found that a particularly great product for upkeep is Generic Brand Purple Shampoo, available at Sally's. Thank you! Can I do it soon after bleaching? T14 and T18 are both part of Wella’s Color Charm range and are often recommended for toning hair silver. I have natural ashy dark blonde hair and have struggled with horrendous hot roots and brassiness ever since lightening it to a light/medium blonde. I love to dye my hair all colors of the rainbow. Simple!

X

Not sure the right hair colour or toner to apply? What toner would I use to enhance my gray hair. Alex Rose (author) from Virginia on April 22, 2020: That COULD work, but I'm not as familiar with using blonde dyes to tone. I wouldn't recommend putting developer in a dye unless it's in the instructions.

Not only will your wallet thank you, you’ll have more free time—and everyone could use a little more free time. I know you can find brands like Color Oops at a drug store!

My hair was bleached to a level 10 and my roots were probably a 3 or 4 and I used the t18 instead of the t14 but also used the 050 with it and my roots came out a weird coppery colour while the rest of my hair went nicely grey.

"Very helpful! Typically, if it is a light yellow, you are ready to go. Here are three common toning mistakes and how to avoid them. This is very accurate to color I'm currently at but very dull no shine https://www.pinterest.com/pin/524528687821638729/, and this is where I'd like to go with it - anything close would be amazing Thank You https://www.pinterest.com/pin/217932069455345129/.