Does Luck actually effect loot drops and it it a stat worth leveling? Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Lucky critical hits are devastating But I still get some of these in combat - once or twice every handful of fights, and I have only 1 Luck on each Ranger. Not sure about That. Luck is indeed involved. the most powerful team is a cookie cutter ranger build as follows. 2) Char with 10 luck; 83, 68, 79, 86, 92 (+6x Shotgun Shells, 5x 7.62 mm bullets, 5x Energy Cells and 6x 9 mm Bullets). Luck should always be 1. It can give you bonuses on CON on level up, but yeah...it seems like a good dump stat at the moment. Have you tried playing a build where all your rangers can fight well? Generate an ε-machine graph from transition probability matrices. 12-14 is about average. They own ♥♥♥♥. Let me show you the numbers from 5 looting sessions by different chars... What does the Red button of a computer inside Hollywood sewer do? I got a sniper sub machine gunner. This'll be interesting to learn. Also, that all of the party is highlighted seems to take into account that all their stats together should be taken into account, not just the person doing the looting. © Valve Corporation. Are websites a good investment? 3) Char with luck 10 and all members activated in party (yes, this makes a difference too! You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sounds like I'll be focusing on building rough and tumble rangers for my first playthrough and worry about the diplomats later. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). How does the damage system work, Re: Damage vs Damage/AP. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. ... Allocate Attribute Points. I've read that the loot is based on luck. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.

It also vastly depends what you understand as powerful. ~generalkenobi85. ... for whatever reason whoever handled the mechanics behind wasteland 2 wanted to move away from that. That said Luck isn't *useless*, per se, but it doesn't reliably govern any of the Derived Stats that I claimed were the key Derived Stats above. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. All rights reserved. It doesn't have a huge effect, but it does come into play. Can I include my published short story as a chapter to my new book? Then pick up what your team needs from skills.

3 Charisma.

Ps. ); 93, 63, 86, 70, 87 (+10x Shotgun Shells, 12x Energy Cells, 11x 7.62 bullets, 9x 14 mm bullets). Main stats would be charisma, luck. Sniper is pretty much the same thing but snipers also have a ton more range and more damage and more penetration that handguns and can get a lot more out of a high crit. Luck also gives you random bonuses in combat; I've seen 'lucky dodges' and you can get an extra AP occasionally in combat. CLASSIC: 2-1-3-7-10-4-1 During level up the first 3 points go to Strength, then the final ones go to Awareness. INT isnt exactly useless combat stat, since it provides action points, especially when you cap at 10, mix 10 INT with 4-6 coordination and you should be fine. In my experience combat skills are not so important. Focus on reaching AP sweetspots and invest the rest into CI and CON. All rights reserved. I'm 20 hours in and all my Rangers have 1 Luck, and it hasn't seemed to do much to adversely affect me. Hey thanks for the response, even if you crapped all over my character idea, lol. I pretty much stopped after this. Everyone seems to agree Luck is very much a worthless stat to have with how few attribute points are now in game. In Wasteland 2, the description for the luck attribute mentions that lucky characters are likely to find better loot. Start with your Thick-Skinned characters, end with your Sniper.

Yea and i forgot to add that computer science is obv is one of the most common skill checks and kinda mandatory, i forgot to mention it since i run Rose in party and she has 4 starting computer science and she will be very fast addition to a team if you choose AG.

All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Building two snipers from your four rangers is the only way to go, if you wish to run double sniper team, as very few of the recruits are capable of being a decent sniper. 3 Intelligence. For both, the Quirk is Thick-Skinned. A preliminary look around the forums and community website turned up the usual threads with completely contradictory viewpoints: No, Luck has nothing to do with loot. -Jonas "prinsallan" Aastrand, the Supreme Jerk ;D (500+ hours in more than 5 different teams). You can even easily get Rabbit's Feet trinkets in the Ag Center at start to boost Luck by +1.

What does Night Terror of Darwin Village do? 10 CI is really slow.

2 Strength. © Valve Corporation. 10-11 and later 12-13 initiative is just about enough. Just bonuses in combat extra AP, crit's excetera, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. I could progress easily with about level 6-7 weapon skills through mid-game. Luck: 3 Awareness: 3 Strength: 7 Speed: 6 Intelligence: 3 Charisma: 3 Blades: 2 Blunt: 2 Brawling: 2 Quirk: Heavy Handed These are the beginning stats of three of my squad members, I haven't started the game yet.

Like I said assuming the non-beta release doesn't change things and they have said they will do rebalances.

Why do SSL certificates have country codes (or other metadata)? I thought maybe loot obtainable within safes was randomly selected. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Copy one of the following URLs to direct users to this page with your squad build… What are the applications of modular forms in number theory? I tried a build with a 10 int character thinking they would be weak and work them up later. You put that much into into int they aren't just weak, they are useless in combat. Test made near town entry of Angel Oracle on the 10 hanged men. Nice if you really like high crit chances. I don't give a s*** about this stuff like Gooj does because he's a turbobeard with no life. That said Luck isn't *useless*, per se, but it doesn't reliably govern any of the Derived Stats that I claimed were the key Derived Stats above. Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. And I'm not one to argue with people that are better than me. Wow it sounds like almost both of those stats are dump stats. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Intelligence: Intelligence has four main milestones: 1, 4, 8 and 10 (granting you either 2, 3, 4 or 5 skill points per level-up). Lapping enemies during battle is nice and all, but utterly unnecessary. © Valve Corporation. Use this character for dialogue. He said he hoped his own personal favorite setup helped somebody. In Wasteland 2, is there any non-corpse loot in random encounters? in essence, the only time luck is worth considering is if you have 2 or more of the 3 previously mentioned weapons in a single group. Best Regards Why did Galileo express himself in terms of ratios when describing laws of accelerated motion? slow? Has anyone actually tested this or confirmed with the devs? Wasteland 2 - Ranger Creation Toolkit. I mean, that's Scotchmo slow in my game and he never even gets to do anything 80% of the time. Thanks for contributing an answer to Arqade! Having 2 same weapon users arent good, if you want double better to do AR, snipers are more specialized and not always powerfull, during mostly one atack per turn or 1-2-1 due to AP save. All ten corpses looted by: Clearly the 3rd alternative sticks out and with that I mean that OP may be correct in the ordinary looting (the normal loot doesn't give me anything that sticks out), but there's a "bonus" loot, in this case, bullets, that a lower luck person doesn't get frequently, while a higher luck person does. Pretty decent is not a ringing endorcement. Entire findings posted on page 2 of this page: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10819 Ds. All rights reserved. Good to know, hopefully there are no surprise rebalances, and if there are any changes they will be noted in the changelog.

I used to see Luck as 'extra' in games like Fallout 3 that increase the chance of critics and lot, but in Wasteland 2 Luck apparently is a transversely stat that influences all the stats and actions for that character and must be considered in any build, for example: TAKE "ASSAULT WEAPONS" FOR ALL 4 STARTING RANGERS, AMMO IS A LITTLE TIGHT BUT SINCE THEY ARE THE BEST WEAPON MOST FIGHTS ARE SHORTER AND YOU CAN SELL AMMO THAT YOU NEVER USE, HANDGUN AMMO, SMG AMMO, ETC TO BUY MORE ASSAULT WEAPON AMMO. Having that extra person is huge.

LUCK: Better people than I have called Luck a dump stat. 1 is likely a fine value for Luck … The problem with luck is that the difference between 1 luck and 10 luck for crit chance is 4% that isn't worth anything And yes if you do a 10 charisma 9 int 9 con (shrine it up before leveling) you will end up with a character who levels super fast and stuff BUT then you've spent 9 stat points on something only to gain a few levels faster I experimented (briefly) by opening up a safe several times. Handguns already have a high crit chance, so your luck will simply raise it's chance more. 2-. If this character has Perception, add to Awareness on all level-ups. Because its stated effects seem lackluster and without some ancillary effects I see no reason to go beyond 1 unless you want a sniper critmonster. From what I've read, nobody knows.

Back in beta it might have been somewhat valuable, however, now that shrines give exp or skill points instead of Atribute Points, Luck has zero value whatsoever. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Could you potentially turn a draft horse into a warhorse? It doesn't have a huge effect, but it does come into play.

If you wish to roll pure combat oriented playthrough, nothing stops you from dumping Intelligence to 2 or even 1. Create your characters in order of front-line to back, since that is where they will be by default in formation.

How about you twinky munchkins try playing with balanced characters who aren't minmaxed? What is the main difference between a decoder and a demultiplexer. LUCK: Better people than I have called Luck a dump stat. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. 2 Speed. I've been looking at toon builds and it seems like most people loose all their luck and charisma. Does it simply mean that it's random or does higher luck attribute make for better loot? Energy weapons may be a good choice for armored enemies much later in the game) 2 Coord. And compared to the previous run where my rangers averaged about 5 or so there was no discernible difference. Having all them only getting 3 skill points a turn could hurt in the long run. My 10 int character is pretty decent with smg/energy weapons.

Luck also gives you random bonuses in combat; I've seen 'lucky dodges' and you can get an extra AP occasionally in combat. It only takes a minute to sign up. :D. Okay I want 2 Snipers, one Bladed user and 1 Assault rifles user. The effect, if any, appears to be subtle enough that it gets lost in the noise of the overall loot randomization. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. A blunt assault rifle and a doc medic with a shotgun.