In 2014, Kikau's first season of rugby league, he played 21 games for the Cowboys' Holden Cup team, scoring 11 tries. Koroisau's move back to the foot of the mountains will also put him in the same colours as Kikau, having helped convince him to do the same four years ago.

“Obviously a bit of leadership at this time of year, that becomes very important,” he said.

So, how much is Viliame Kikau worth at the age of 25 years old? I don't know if I was the sole reason he was coming but I did have a chat to him, told him to come down [from North Queensland] and then left! He has played for Queensland in the 2019 State of Origin series

On 2 May 2015, Kikau made his international debut for Fiji against Papua New Guinea in the Melanesian Cup match, playing off the interchange bench in the 22–10 win at Robina Stadium. After his impressive World Cup campaign, Kikau would cement a permanent place in Penrith's top 17. Penrith Panthers star Viliame Kikau has credited Johnathan Thurston for saving his career and making him pursue his NRL dream. Maloney is well aware this is the stage of the year he was brought to the club for, and his experience was crucial in turning the tide against the Warriors last week with a 40-20 victory when the Panthers were down 12-2 early. On 15 April 2017, Kikau re-signed his contract with the Penrith Panthers to the end of the 2019 season. Picture: Zak Simmonds.

Kikau played in the 2020 NRL Grand Final for Penrith in which they lost 26-20 against Melbourne.

"But it was a really good conversation about a lot of things deeper than footy.". Sivo was at the heart of a furore on Thursday night after the Parramatta winger was accused of trying to milk penalties. “I’m really happy that I made the decision to stay,” Kikau said.

Scans have revealed the extent of the calf injury suffered by Panthers Api Koroisau in victory over Cronulla Sharks.

Tallis, who said it was a blatant example of “gamesmanship”, offered a solution to the NRL’s new rules and said referees should intervene and ensure the game continues. He's a star player with incredible potential so to be in the same club side again is going to be fun. The Panthers will be without Viliame Kikau through suspension forcing a reshuffle to their pack and bench.

The now 23-year-old has since thrived in the NRL, recently signing a monster contract with the Penrith Panthers earlier in the year. [25], Kikau played 19 games for Penrith in the 2020 NRL season as the club won the Minor Premiership. On 7 October, he was named in the 24-man squad for Fiji for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup. Viliame Kikau in action for the Cowboys under-20s.

They are forward Viliame Kikau, Api Koroisau and Reagan Campbell Gillard. It’s something I’ve really enjoyed this year.”. We’ve got to make sure we keep building on that the way they’re going.”, Viliame Kikau says a Thurston pep-talk helped save his NRL dream. In round 23 of the 2019 NRL season, Kikau played his 50th NRL game for Penrith in their 24–10 defeat by the North Queensland Cowboys at 1300Smiles stadium. Fri 02 Oct, 2020 Judiciary.

OAK Plus Post Game: Viliame Kikau.

[5][6] Kikau was the only player to sign with the club and joined their Holden Cup team for the 2014 season.

In 2013, Kikau who never played rugby league was scouted by North Queensland Cowboys recruiter Adrian Thomson in a schoolboy match and was one of three Fijian players who spent six weeks in Townsville. Nathan Cleary is now a State of Origin winning halfback, while Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Tyrone Peachey also both made their NSW debuts alongside him this year. The wives and girlfriends weren’t part of the Dally Ms this year but the partner of winner Jack Wighton was still riding high. Koroisau is expected to return to Penrith's pre-season in mid-December having just had his second child, Kalesi, with wife Amy last week. 2,016 Likes, 16 Comments - Viliame Kikau (@billkikau) on Instagram: “Dinner out with the big uce & sis Fai tonight. Penrith are ready to put into practice their lessons from the past two years and clear the NRL semi-finals hurdle once and for all against Cronulla on Friday night. Viliame Kikau was born on 5 April, 1995 in Nausori, Fiji, is a Fijian rugby league footballer.

But Tallis said Sivo in particular had a habit of looking to gain an upper hand by laying down when there was a slight hint of a crusher tackle. He wants to leave the hospital. “They’ll be doing their best to nullify his impact.”. [4] In 2013, Kikau who never played rugby league was scouted by North Queensland Cowboys recruiter Adrian Thomson in a schoolboy match and was one of three Fijian players who spent six weeks in Townsville. “Hopefully we’ve learned from the past two years and take that into tomorrow and not make the same mistakes,” Ciraldo said. “He’s one of those guys Sivo, he’s got a bit of a lay down in him.”. Arthur scoffed at the criticism in his post-match press conference but Craig Bellamy seemed to hint that some Parramatta players had been trying to earn a penalty. It changed the history of the whole country, the opposition rallied there, Fonseca about 5-0 with CFR: mayoral, Mkhitaryan and Pedro played a good match.

The man who took him to Manly in the first place, Trent Barrett, is also back as Cleary's attack and halves coach. Kikau would play most of the year playing in Penrith's NSW cup team where they won the NSW Intrust Super premiership against the Wyong Roos 20–12. Until a private meeting at the Cleary household, with Ivan ensuring Panthers halfback and oldest son Nathan was elsewhere.

[21] Kikau had an outstanding tournament for Fiji playing in all of their 5 matches and scoring 3 tries and was rewarded with him being named in the World Cup Team of the Tournament.

On 8 October 2016, Kikau played for Fiji against Samoa, starting at second-row in the 20–18 victory in Apia, Samoa. Pic: Getty, Nathan Cleary is the key if the Panthers are to prevail over the Cronulla Sharks. [3], Kikau played rugby union in his youth and later earned placements at Queen Victoria School and Marist Brothers High School in Suva, where he played for their rugby union team and represented the Fiji Secondary Schools side against the Australian Schoolboys. The man mountain almost abandoned his pursuit of a professional contract in rugby league, just weeks after he was signed by the North Queensland Cowboys in 2013 as a shy 18-year-old. We've got a really young side with so much potential there. Kikau was born in Nausori, Fiji, and grew up in the small island of Bau.

"I was doing all of that and Ivan was definitely sussing me out, trying to work out if I was still that way. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday.

There are stark differences though to both 2016 and 2017. A centre in his rugby union days, Kikau switched to prop after joining the Cowboys.

[11][12] On 14 September 2015, Kikau was named at prop in the 2015 NYC Team of the Year, finishing his Holden Cup career with the Cowboys with 32 tries from 42 matches. Learn How rich is He in this year and how He spends money?

Kikau finished his debut year in the NRL with him playing in 9 matches and scoring 1 try for the Panthers in the 2017 NRL season. “It’s a pretty similar position, it’s obviously the same week we’ve been in for the past few years.”.

The man mountain almost abandoned his pursuit of a professional contract in rugby league, just weeks after he was signed by the North Queensland Cowboys in 2013 as a shy 18-year-old.

", Tearful Kikau left speechless by family messages, The big-game players who could decide the grand final, Accidental 'Fat Club' captaincy propels Kikau to career year, Party pooper: Api eyes Smith souvenir as mentor exits stage left, You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content.

"I was really close to going to the Bulldogs, they wasted no time in hitting me up after everything had happened with Manly," Koroisau told NRL.com. In 2014, Kikau's first season of rugby league, he played 21 games for the Cowboys' Holden Cup team, scoring 11 tries.

Viliame Kikau has been rubbed out of Penrith's preliminary final showdown after being found guilty of a dangerous throw at the NRL judiciary. It comes after the NRL launched a crackdown on crusher tackles early last week. "We didn't talk about footy.

But the Panthers coach wanted to make sure Koroisau had left his old … The big prop is now gearing up for the NRL semi-final clash with the Cronulla Sharks, in a massive do-or-die match.

Viliame Kikau was paired with James Fisher-Harris to train during the NRL's COVID-19 break and learned just how dedicated the Penrith prop is to fitness. [23] Kikau was the only player to sign with the club and joined their Holden Cup team for the 2014 season.

He wanted a private meeting, just me and him at his house. Kikau made a total of 18 appearances for Penrith in the 2019 NRL season as the club finished 10th on the table and missed out on the finals for the first time since 2015. Although relatively minor in nature, the injury will see Koroisau miss this Saturday’s ‘sold out’ clash with Wests Tigers.

He finished the year as a member of the club's premiership-winning ISP side, which went on to claim the State Championship title, while also making his mark for Fiji at the Rugby League World Cup.

On June 10, 2015, Kikau signed a two-year contract with the Penrith Panthers.

41.8k Followers, 630 Following, 92 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Viliame Kikau (@billkikau)

Off-the-field he is a different man from his first Panthers stint, which ended in heartache when his then-partner took her life in late-2015. Viliame Kikau finished the game at 8pm for a 9pm international flight! The 25-year-old Bau, Tailevu native received the charge for an off-the-ball tackle on Sharks halfback Braydon Trindall in the 77th minute of the game at Panthers Stadium. “They were really good there and have been building towards that. Viliame Kikau was born on 5 April, 1995 in Nausori, Fiji, is a Fijian rugby league footballer. He is currently single.

Kikau carried that form into 2018, established himself as a mainstay of the Panthers NRL side and re-signed with the club until the end of 2022. “I felt like they clicked two weeks ago against Melbourne (in the last round),” Ciraldo said. In Round 2 of the 2017 NRL season, Kikau made his NRL debut for the Penrith Panthers against the Wests Tigers, playing off the interchange bench and scoring a try in the 36–2 win at Campbelltown Stadium. Viliame (Billy) Kikau (born 5 April 1995) is a Fijian professional rugby league footballer who plays as a prop and second-row forward for the Penrith Panthers in the NRL, and Fiji at international level.

It was a suggestion levelled at Eels coach Brad Arthur after his side’s win over Melbourne.

Penrith Panthers forward Viliame Kikau has been charged with grade two dangerous contact following Friday’s victory over Cronulla Sharks.

Pushed out of Manly by his protégé Manase Fainu, Koroisau concedes he was "really close" to landing at Belmore. “I think I disagree with Brad on that,” Bellamy said before making a hasty exit.

Background.

"It wasn't until two or three weeks after that when Ivan gave me a quick phone call. Thurston sat Kikau down and the pair delved into a heart-to-heart conversation that eventually twisted his arm, and he hasn’t looked back. Panthers coach Cameron Ciraldo also chimed in on Kikau’s rise to fame, noting his strength and ability is to be feared by rival clubs. Presented By Turner Freeman Fri 02 Oct, 2020 Judiciary. [13], Kikau spent 2016 playing in the Panthers NSW Cup team.

Brisbane legend Gorden Tallis has claimed that Maika Sivo has a habit of staying down in a bid to win more penalties from crusher tackles.