Warhammer, the Warhammer logo, GW, Games I tested his threadripper 1950x vs my 6700k and his CPU did not perform well at all vs mine. Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA. But what happened to the campaign map?

I'm running a 1950x threadripper, gtx 1080 and 32gb of 3200mhz ram. EDIT: I turned off steam's fps counter, now the campaign map is more fluent, and i turned some things to even high/ultra. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt6CcZxBXYQ.

It's to the point that I can't really play the game because of how badly it performs and looks. Lo and behold, the stuttering never occurred on the campaign map and hasn't since in menus, campaign, or battle. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. This issue is not affecting all VFX - some spells are fine. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://steamcommunity.com/app/594570/discussions/0/1520386297683302721/.

In particular, not the battles but the campaign map are very laggy. It is slow as hell (i am lucky if the fps goes over 35), ugly (i have only 1080p monitor, but WH1 looked awesome on the campaign map as well). Bump? Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. A subreddit for the Total War strategy game series, made by Creative Assembly. Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1599267/#Comment_1599267. Does anyone have any tips for what could be causing low campagin map FPS on a high end computer?

This game honestly seems to have gone "up" in frame rate as well, but the micro stuttering and hitching is no better.

I don't have any issue running inside battles (other than when I choose to move the camera, which makes it stutter like in the campaign map).

I have an i5 4690 and a GTX 960.

If you are using multiple monitors, try using just the one.

No movement on any of these topics for the past couple days.

Disable any overclocking for testing purposes.

Lo and behold, the stuttering never occurred on the campaign map and hasn't since in menus, campaign, or battle. ^ Probably, I suspect as much also. Apologies for the long response. ... A subreddit for the Total War strategy game series, made by Creative Assembly. All Here's the thing: I remember some of these being an issue in Warhammer 1, but not to the FPS-murdering degree they are in Warhammer 2. Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. I appreciate the advice and have tried all of what you said; however, the problem persists. It will read like a stupid question but, do you know the temperature of your components ? 6700K, new ASUS Z170 chipset, 32GB of DDR43000 RAM, etc etc. I know the build stats I've listed shouldn't matter, however since I did just get new components I thought I would bring it up. rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. On campagin map I'm using 5% gpu 20% processor and a couple gigs of ram.

I, like many others, am experiencing extreme stuttering on the campaign map. There's a ton of solutions in the below thread, no doubt many you have already tried or aren't relevant but something there could be your solution: I know it's been a couple of weeks, but I wanted to update everyone all the same. A subreddit for the Total War strategy game series, made by Creative Assembly. Changing settins is having negligible effect 5-10 fps between low and ultra at 1440p. Creative Assembly, the Creative I'm getting 40 FPS on the campagin map + occasional screen tearing. I have a 3770K and 980Ti, with updated drivers, and this is the only game I'm having trouble playing. Check your running processes in task manager, you never know what might be interfering. That would be great, I dip into 19 fps quite often. The game is poorly optimised, and its no surprise that you are yet another Geforce 10 user who has experienced these issues. Yep.

Does anyone have any tips for what could be causing low campagin map FPS on a high end computer? I had my best friend over to make video for youtube about framerate issues on another game.

It all seemed to happen quite suddenly and trust me. In order, here are my responses. do the benchmark, commenting on campaign map FPS is pointless, too many variables. Welcome to Warhammer 2's great optimisation (and bugs). registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. ... Normal frames at 50-60 occasionally dropping to 20-30 when I scroll through certain parts of lustria in the campaign map. What is the others experience with same or similar rig? We can probably expect some when Warhammer 3 arrives or later.

they're the latest I can get, but are older date wise due to the chipset, Tried this, disabling in device manager as well as just unplugging it, Removed, including steam blob, restarted all, no effect.

My other games such as Witcher 3, Overwatch, and GTA5 went up in frame rate. I think CA has a project at the moment using a new engine but no news are out about the new game. © Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2015. characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or ™, and/or © Games Nope, i tried dx11. Warhammer 2: New GTX 1080 with low FPS at 1440p. Discussions, strategies, stories, crude cave-drawings, and more for Medieval 2, Empire, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Thrones of Britannia, Warhammer, Three Kingdoms and others.

For example, I can zoom near Gehenna's Golden Hounds no problem.

SEGA and the SEGA logo are either I do now have some mild shadow flashing/flickering but I believe I know how to fix that.

Should i expect CA to fix the campaign map issues in the future? Dx12 is terrible on my GTX 960. :) By the way, WH1 runs well (35-40 fps) on high/ultra. But the campaign map in TWW2 is almost unplayable. We are aware of some issues with these drivers but I'm told it has a positive impact on stuttering issues. Even on recommended settings (medium). Close all non-essential processes. Sorry to be a bother, have you also tried the latest Nvidia drivers that came out yesterday, wanted to wait before suggesting them to you.

This is my first TW game that i bought during release. What is the usual workflow?

Workshop, The Game of Fantasy Battles, the twin-tailed comet logo, and all associated You seem to have some Windows update errors, make sure you are fully up to date. Ensure you have the latest audio drivers. What gives fellas? The battles are running around 60 fps, huge unit size, and it is beautiful even on medium. © Valve Corporation. For more information please read our FAQ’s here. Interestingly enough I'm now on a separate build entirely (except for the GPU) and have better hardware. Discussions, strategies, stories, crude cave-drawings, and more for Medieval 2, Empire, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Thrones of Brittania, Warhammer, Three Kingdoms and others. Try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer and delete the following folders: ?? trade marks of The Creative Assembly Limited. I believe the patch from yesterday (6/29) has fixed my stuttering. It's not a show stopper like this awful campaign map stuttering has been. Press J to jump to the feed. … i got a 1080 TI no issues 99% Gpu usage 1440p i7 5820k dx 11. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username.

I fired up the game today for the first time in almost a week and started a new campaign, just to see what happened.

I have enabled windowed mode, forced off vsync (even though I never use it since I have 144Hz monitors), alt-tabbed in/out of the game, and tried all graphics presets starting with low.

Thanks to @Guy_CA and everyone else who tried to help me out.

Have you tried DX12 or DX11, whichever you aren't using now?

| Lord name: guise |.

We both have a GTX 1080 at stock speeds. It seems that i am not alone with my problem: https://steamcommunity.com/app/594570/discussions/0/1520386297683302721/, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. A subreddit for the Total War strategy game series, made by Creative Assembly.

All rights reserved. 40 fps? If I leave the camera static and just order troops/fight, the game runs without a hitch. My problem is that the campaign map runs with sometimes 20 fps (near some elven tower around the HE starting city). My specs are WELL within recommended. Assembly logo, Total War and the Total War logo are either registered trade marks or Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. I think there should be some sort of class-actions / lawsuits to force them take care of performance. Discussions, strategies, stories, crude cave-drawings, and more for Medieval 2, Empire, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Thrones of Britannia, Warhammer, Three Kingdoms and others.

logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, In the starting screen, on the strategic map and in battles.