Not surprised it didn't make the list. I might still enjoy the games today though, who knows... My Nintendo DS Top 6 is nowhere to be found in this Top 50. Everyone would be happy and world peace will finally be achieved.

Very skewed list, seems to be mainly made up of Pokemon games, followed by Castlevania and Ace Attorney games, topped up with Japanese RPGs. Jolly good show, Hershel. But if you’re still a die-hard DS fan, there are still some classic DS games that we believe hold up with the best of their newer counterparts. If you are surprised …

@nmanifold So then just search for the games you've played by name. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are great games, but fans of the early generations may find themselves a little lost at the number of Pokémon to catch. if(getCookie('kuk') == undefined){ I mean I like them and also Word Jong, but these kinda games wouldnt make my list. Thanks for the recommendation! @R-L-A-George I was a kid as well when I got my Nintendo DS, but in my case the Nintendo DS was the only primary gaming system I owned for a period of time so over the years I delved deeper and deeper into DS library and after realizing that it's a treasure trove of great games I didn't have any reason to move onto other gaming systems for a long time. A top 10 list not packed with 1st party games. Henry St Leger, @dartmonkey Thanks, I agree fully with that list, no Square Soft(Enix) in the top ten. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer. @FantasiaWHT Isn't Kirby's Dream Course a SNES-only game? Shoutouts to Ivy the Kiwi, SMT Strange Journey, and the dozens of other great games that were on the DS. Overall this list is fairly solid, I prefer to do a one game per franchise rule to showcase a wider variety of games, but this encapsulates a good amount of the best games that the Nintendo DS has to offer. Zelda Phantom Hourglass

{**}

However I didn't really enjoy the stylus controls and if it wasn't a Zelda game I might have stopped playing.Didn't enjoy stylus controls in Phantom Hourglass either but still completed it because it's a Zelda game. Fortunately, the script is good enough to stand on its own. Lower on my list is Ontamaparma (sp?

Its lower part is a touch-screen and the console itself even has a built-in microphone, which is used in some games to give voice commands.

^^. titles do.

Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment... 2020 Isn't All Bad, Because The Game Boy Is Getting A Brand-New RPG Called Dragonborne, Help us assemble the top 50 Wii games ever, Random: This Prototype Sega Mega Drive Controller Is Giving Us Serious Wii Nunchuk Vibes, Banjo-Kazooie Composer Posts Remixes For Halloween, With A Full Album Coming, News Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron Is Back Launches This Month, Both As An Update And A New Release, News Switch Is Getting A Brand-New Dizzy Game, And It Was Coded During Lockdown, News Win Mario, Smash And Splatoon Medals By Competing In These In-Game Events (Europe), Japanese Charts Pikmin 3 Deluxe Takes Top Spot As Switch Sales Reach 13 Million. @Dog They didn't make the list because they didn't deserve to, clearly, since it was a vote. While New Super Mario Bros. is an awesome game, there's nothing better than going back to the classics. They're probably my least favourite Zelda games, but they weren't terrible.

That was my jam and probably the best DS game i've played, followed closely by AC Wild World, Honestly really surprised to see nine hours, nine persons, nine doors so high on the list, and really happy that chrono trigger takes the number 1 spot, really cool list. Lost third party support at that time? Plus... you only use one hand to play it. SEGA could have made the game a DSi exclusive but they didn't and I appreciate that. Professor Layton and the Last Specter is another yet top-quality game in a truly brilliant series. )); @rrice64 I think it was us, the readers, that decided the list, 3DS was definitely a JRPG lovers' dream, but the list still seems too heavily populated with them (also, FFIV and not FFVI? The Nintendo DS console might be a bit big and bulky these days – especially with newer, more streamlined successors, like the New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, or hybrid console Nintendo Switch – but there are still plenty of reasons to check out the original line-up of Nintendo DS games. Outside of Pokemon and the Mario & Luigi games, I haven't really gone through many RPGs on the DS and have yet to experience one of the system's puzzle/visual novel games. WarioWare: D.I.Y. The this votes works, apparently makes well known titles and ports come up high... a decent list, bus as @Gingerbeardman said, it only scratches what the DS was about.. OPINIONS !!!!

@Desrever I agree that Infinite Space is an underappreciated gem, and it does have good enough user reviews to make this list, but it currently needs 10 more reviews to qualify. Developed by Jupiter and published by Square Enix, The World Ends With You follows the story of Neku Sakuraba, a 15-year-old boy who wakes up in the shopping district of Japan and is told that he will die unless he completes a certain task.

Where’s Phantom Hourglass!!?? Download nintendo ds (NDS) ROMs kostenlos und spielen auf Ihren Geräten Windows PC, Mac, IOS und Android!

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that my local GameStop stores still have a LOT of used DS games at pretty premium prices. I do not agree with the majority of this list.

Although everyone has an individual preference, and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time may not be the strongest game in the series, that's more a reflection of just how great the Mario & Luigi games are.

All of the games on this list are great, though!

If you haven’t heard about this console you must’ve been quite a busy kid. Wow! Good idea! Anyway, great list, and some good memories on here. Click view contents next to the .zip to download individual games. Whether you've played the original Broken Sword on PC or not, this Director's Cut version for DS is well worth picking up. Decent list, but not as many hidden gyms as I was hopping to see.

In fact, it's pretty funny how Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks didn't actually get in. We are certain you too won’t resist giving a try to one of legendary NDS creations like Pokemon or SpiderMan that you can have on your device in a matter of minutes. No. And yeah, Chrono Trigger on DS is amazing, even though it's an old SNES game. It's amazing and maybe, just maybe my favorite DS game. @Xelha Don't you 'ugh' Chrono Trigger, boy!~Just kidding, you can have your opinion about it but this is one of those games that, even 25 years later, still holds up and not many games age that well. You can play as any of the seven bounty hunters, with each of them having their own special attacks and skills. I genuinely only bought Ghost Trick because I read one of the characters was inspired by Michael Jackson... but I’m so glad I did.

I was really digging this list until I realized there were no Megami Tensei games. No Zelda?? My Nintendo DS Top 6 is nowhere to be found in this Top 50. To browse NDS ROMs, scroll up and choose a letter or select Browse by Genre.

I edited it.

Geez. Doing our best to avoid spouting Prince lyrics, what is there to say about Pokémon Diamond & Pearl? Another one of my votes, highly recommended by Official Nintendo Magazine way back when I think, @Scully1888 you remember it?

Now I enjoy my share of RPGs, but when that was nearly all that I found interesting in the DS library, is it any wonder that I skipped the DS and waited until I got a 3DS to retroactively try out the DS library? With Virtual Console and backwards compatibility with DS, the 3DS is the definitive Nintendo handheld this far. So my votes were not really what I wanted them to be. Might have to consider the phone version. This was the game that sold millions of DS and showed the world the power of touchscreen. I still use them today. You may not agree with the ranking of each game, but the idea of each pack is to try and highlight most of the best games from that console.

I'm always starting these lists but never finishing them. Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 2. If it's there, I definitely missed it as well. Everyone loved both Zeldas at the time.. NDS is currently amidst the top 5 downloaded ROMs on the Internet! It was good, but those touch gimmicks were so annoying. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. updatedCookie += "; " + optionKey; If you invest the 5 minutes or so it takes to get used to the D-pad and run button, it still controls very smoothly and the extra content is easily worth the trade-off. I have no dual sympathy for you so-called DS fans! Loved that game. I don't think there was any need to list every single DS game. To help you decide which DS games to look out for, we’ve put together this list of what we think are the best titles out there right now. Emma Boyle Besides, you can play all the best SNES ROMs on virtually any device like your personal computer, smartphone. Sadly Fossil Fighters is nowhere to be seen. As I worked through the lists I found that some weren't exactly 100 games, and there are a few games I wasn't able to find but they are noted within the text file included with each pack. Top Rated. The Pokémon series dominated the Game Boy, a tradition that carried over to the DS.

Not surprised to not see Star Fox Command on here (as I think it's one of the weakest entries in the series, right down there with Zero, if not worse), but to not have the DS Zelda games comes as a shock. OK, fine, we've included more than one Mario game, but New Super Mario Bros. is among the best. The dual-screen style of the first DS has lasted a huge amount of time, through the DS Lite, DSi, the 2DS, the 3DS and a bunch of XL releases in between.

Seriously?

might not have quite the wow factor that it had upon release, but it's overflowing with the maniacal energy that makes the series such a blast, regardless of platform. If you’re looking for the best Nintendo DS games that you can still play, you’ve come to the right place. (Trivia point: the first DS game I ever played, and the first I completed. (even if Rhythm Heaven being so low is a tragedy).

This is my favorite thing ever on this site.