Personal life. Donatella Versace became the designer for the company's Versus line in the 1980s. When not in school, he helped care for his younger sister, Donatella. As you were browsing www.whitepages.com something about your browser made us think you were a bot. wore Versace for her half-time show performance, she posed for Givenchy’s Fall 2015 campaign, What to Know About Gianni Versace Before 'ACS', Watch the 'Versace: American Crime Story' Trailer, 'ACS' Episode 2 Addresses Versace HIV Controversy, Lady Gaga Will Not Play Donatella Versace, The Versace Family Rips "American Crime Story", What to Know About Andrew Cunanan Before ACS. "I couldn't stand the pain," she told Vogue. She is the younger sister of the late designer Gianni Versace.

Donatella Versace was on 2 May 1955 in Reggio di Calabria, Southern Italy. Versace’s Spring 2018 collection is known as “The Versace Tribute Collection,” created by Donatella in honor of her brother. You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser. Donatella attended a university in Florence for a time, but she eventually reunited with Gianni to support his clothing business. Gianni valued her critiques of his designs, though he preferred a more baroque style to Donatella's minimalism. Valentino Garavani is an Italian fashion designer best known as the founder of the Valentino SpA company.

When Gianni was sick with cancer, Donatella took over the business while he was undergoing treatment.

Photo: Toni Thorimbert/Sygma/Sygma via Getty Images, Donatella was devastated by the death of her brother but was determined to carry on his legacy. Lady Gaga and Versace have collaborated in many ways throughout her career, so it’s no surprise the pop superstar has a close bond with the head of the brand. It was like a year and a half I did everything.”. When Donatella was 11, Gianni told her to dye her hair blonde, Ingrid Sischy revealed in a book she co-wrote with Donatella called Versace. Versace married former model Paul Beck in 1986. In 2013, Versace was portrayed by Gina Gershon in the Lifetime television movie, House of Versace. Biography. Her father name is Antonio who was a salesman and her mother, Francesca who was a dressmaker. At last year’s Super Bowl, Lady Gaga wore Versace for her half-time show performance and Donatella even helped the star get ready, as seen in her documentary Gaga: Five Foot Two. Italian American actor Rudolph Valentino was admired as the “Great Lover” of the 1920s. Gaga was the first person to access the Versace archives, first doing so for her music video “Edge of Glory,” according to Fashionista. Before Gianni's death, Donatella was known as his inspiration Gianni and “muse” for his various lines, according to Biography. While Donatella may not be watching the show herself, it seems like there are no hard feelings between her and Cruz.

The dress was designed by Donatella for Versace's Spring 2000 ready-to-wear collection.

Activist Allie Young Talks Riding to the Polls, Relaxation Advice From the World's Chillest People, Distract Yourself with Some Low-Stakes Celeb Drama, 7 De-Stressing Recipes You Need for Election Week, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. 1986) and Daniel (b. Gianni gave her the Versus line as a gift.

I'm rich and I'm a little bit of a bitch,” Gaga sings on the track. We are family.

Their son was named after a song by Elton John, a close family friend. When she turned 18 in 2004, Allegra inherited her claim, an estimated $500 million. After the initial announcement, the two designers said they wanted to send a message of friendship in fashion.

Every product on this page was chosen by a Harper's BAZAAR editor. “We thought it was time to break boundaries and give a strong message about how to think [about] fashion."

Born on May 2, 1955, in Reggio Calabria, Italy, designer Donatella Versace is one of the best-known names in fashion today. After struggling with cocaine addiction for many years, Versace sought treatment in 2004. The murderer, Andrew Cunanan, had gone on a cross-country killing spree, prior to fatally shooting Versace and ultimately committing suicide. “The last two years of Gianni’s life,” Donatella tells New York magazine, “I was going up into his apartment, showing him the work, getting the approval from him, but I ran the company because he wasn’t showing himself. Versace also served as chief designer for the company's Versus line. Donatella was the youngest of four children. “This collection is a tribute to the life and works of Gianni.

Not only did Donatella inspire her brother with his designs, but she also proved herself after helping him plan some of his lines. By age six, Versace joined his father and continued to work after school and summers with him until he attended university. She went to work for her brother in the late 1970s, serving as his muse and adviser.

You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 'Impeachment: American Crime Story' Is Coming.

According to Britannica, she was studying to become a teacher and her major was in foreign languages. "Was Gianni Versace's Shooter a Spree Murderer or a Serial Killer? In 2009, she brought in Christopher Kane to design for Versus and reinvent the brand.

“Back then Gianni was so obsessed with [Patty] Pravo, an iron-straight-haired ‘blond,’ that he persuaded eleven-year-old Donatella to dye her own hair just like his heroine,” Sischy writes.

Despite much of the excitement surrounding the show, the Versace family and brand released a statement saying they had no involvement in its production and it should be viewed as “a piece of fiction.” The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story is based on the book Vulgar Favors by Vanity Fair columnist Maureen Orth. Lo wasn’t the only one who wore it, either. Gaga wrote a song for Donatella on her 2013 album Artpop, talking about her signature style and her work as a designer.“I'm blonde. The brand was launched in 1989 as a way to reach younger audiences, the New York Times reported. "The last two years of Gianni's life," Donatella explained to New York magazine, "I was going up into his apartment, showing him the work, getting the approval from him, but I ran the company because he wasn't showing himself.

The second best result is Tina C Versaci age 40s in Schenectady, NY in the Union Street neighborhood. After his departure, Versace collaborated with other upcoming designers on the line, also revamping the company's haute couture line Atelier Versace. Donatella married model Paul Beck in the 1980s and they had two children, Allegra and Daniel. Versace was also the designer for Gaga’s Born This Way Tour. Versace seemed to have a good sense of humor about herself, even calling Rudolph to give her advice. In 1981, Versace married Christiana Cavalli. Here, must-know facts about the designer before the premiere of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story on January 17 on FX.

She was even the main inspiration for one of Versace’s perfumes, Blonde. She’s gone from fashion muse to fashion legend.

According to Tina, she accompanied Ike to Tijuana, Mexico for a quickie wedding at the age of 22. We strive for accuracy and fairness.

Florence Nightingale was a trailblazing figure in nursing who greatly affected 19th- and 20th-century policies around proper medical care. At Present, Donatella Versace Age is 64 Years old as of 2019.

Giorgio Armani is an iconic Italian fashion designer best known in America for his popular men's suits. What Happened in the 'ACS: Versace' Finale? Today, Versace markets a variety of product lines, from home goods to perfume, clothing and furniture, and operates two hotels.

Their brother, Santo, was also a part of the business. "I had to hide my feelings. Fashion designer Guccio Gucci founded the Gucci firm in Florence, Italy in 1920.

https://www.biography.com/fashion-designer/donatella-versace. Versace began developing her trademark look as a teenager — dying her hair platinum blonde and using dark eyeliner. In Tina Turner's memoir, My Love Story, published in 2018, which was the follow up to 1986's, I, Tina, she opens up about her ill-fated marriage to Ike Turner in 1962. She was remarkably close to her older brother, Gianni, who would take her out with him at night and make outfits for her to wear. During this time, she would often make the trip to Milan to help Gianni with his designs when he was working for other designers.

If you see something that doesn't look right, contact us!

She was known for her night rounds to aid the wounded, establishing her image as the 'Lady with the Lamp.'. When her brother was murdered in 1997, Donatella was left to continue Gianni’s legacy.