I tried switching from the balanced xlr-output to the 3.5mm single ended one , and yeah, there was a clear difference in sound quality. Learn how your comment data is processed.

The single ended output gives three watts to 16 ohms, 1,8 watts to 32 ohms, 200 milliwatts to 300 ohms, and 100 milliwatts to 600 ohms. Who needs four pages to deliver the bottomline, right? https://drop.com/talk/35725/introducing-drop--thx-aaa-one-linear-amplifier, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPjIj4RyvfdALE2sj4BMRQ, https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/eqs.html, https://drop.com/buy/drop-thx-aaa-one-linear-amplifier.

Shipment to Poland. I’m really only…, Geshelli Labs Archel2.5 Pro Review + Interview, BLOG: The Fav Album Of….

So you might as well find a sound signature you like. That sense of space is missing with the THX 789 however.

Je l'écoute en ce moment avec un Stellia équipé d'un câble spécial par Norne. Joined Jul 2, 2018 Messages 134 Likes 80. Displaying a clean and precise sound signature with a black background and plenty of punch is not an easy achievement, but… at some point I know I’ll start to look for some type of coloration… Call it a flavor to the sound. I need to know if I should go…. By now, there are already many others (by Benchmark, Monoprice, Fiio and SMSL). The THX amp came in a hard cardboard box, with very well packaged hard foam inside to hold the amp.

– Source: Seasoned readers can benefit knowing from knowing what kind of music and DAC were used for the review.

This amp is not a pre-amplifier, so when using the single ended pass connectors, the volume pot of the unit won’t affect the volume level. And there, I'd prefer the FA as it's just a no-nonsense, long time listening design. Thanks, Sorry to say but the fact of the matter is that you can't delete Cash App transaction history. I think this will be the cheapest AAA amp, and if it performs as well as all its older brothers, there is absolutely no reason to buy anything more expansive than this. Il a de mauvaises mesures semble-t-il, mais ceux qui en ont un aiment l’écouter ! I’ve spent enough time around real music instruments to know, that every single box in a stereo setup creates an interpretation of the real thing. Go. It changes to red if there’s a problem or when the amplifier is not ready to function. Now that other manufacturers are utilizing the same technology in their products that compete in the same price class, I would think that this amp’s crazy demand will die off.

By now, there are already many others (by Benchmark, Monoprice, Fiio and SMSL).

Very much appreciated the straightforward review and detailed description of this amp. But at the moment, I’m liking this flavor of preciseness.

Any particular or all past transactions occurred on Cash App couldn't be…, I am looking at getting either a CDM or WA8, previously owned the CDM and sold it.

I won’t go into details about Drop, but the collaboration was a success as Drop wanted to create their own high end headphone audio products and THX was new and available. The gain settings.

A subjective review is good, but we can find plenty of those in amazon.com.

Cette petite merveille vient de passer à 300$... bon choix (et dommage pour ceux qui viennent de l'acheter comme moi!)!
There’s also a tiny light that indicates whether the amplifier is on or not. all for 300 euros Amazon shipped. Please don’t hate me for playing the devil’s advocate. There is a preciseness and cleanliness to the sound. (Reg MSRP is $199.).

– Headfonia Store aka Michael Ting! En tout cas, même si ce n'est pas nécessaire, ça marche très bien avec mon petit Fostex TH-X00 en ce moment, avec la prise jack pas idéale et une source qui n'est pas en symétrique... Normal, le TH-X00 (sur base TH-610 ayant de nombreux points commun avec le TH-900) ne demande pas une puissance phénoménale. The Drop THX AAA 789 gives six watts to 16 and 32 ohm load headphones through the balanced output and that is very noticeable. What additional price should I expect. The background is dead silent with over-ear headphones (but not with super sensitive IEMs like the Campfire Andromeda Gold). You must log in or register to reply here. You receive the amplifier wrapped in a black silkish looking cloth bag that says Massdrop (probably Drop today), and next to that a switching power supply that can handle 100–240 VAC (US plug; adapter needed for global use). With the single ended output playing Tipper’s Cuckoo, the bass notes didn’t have as much impact and definition.

escalibur Active Member.

The timing was great – this amplifier was sold out for about a year – and after market prices are soaring.

The 789’s looks are very minimal, which fits nicely with its matte black finish. https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-alex-ca ... hybrid-amp. It to me feels like it’s easy to separate instruments with these sound qualities.

I miss the tubes man. Introducing Drop + THX AAA ONE Linear Amplifier (Pre-orders @ $149) Thread starter escalibur; Start date Apr 24, 2020; Tags drop thx aaa one thx aaa one; 1; 2; Next. Apr 24, 2020 #1. Hi guys, Please inform me how is shipping abroad looking. Oct 11, 2020.

It makes the light nicely non-intrusive. Please keep it up. Inside the Drop + THX AAA ONE Linear Amplifier, distortion is all but defeated.

But while back in the day THX was more about movie theatre quality certifications (among other things), they’ve also ventured to making products themselves, but not in the traditional way.

The front panel doesn’t quite align with the case on the sides – a small thing, but it might bug some people.

It's likely the thx 788 which is pretty good but not insane. Ca sera les défauts et limites d'un autre type de tube. Very easy to read!

1k input impedance is very low. The headphone amplifier reviewed here is the first commercial product utilizing the THX AAA technology. Also, including something like HD650 is always a good reference. – Details: I’m nitpicking, but it would be great to read what a clear difference you heard from phrase like “yeah, there was a clear difference in sound quality”.

Just in case you haven't heard about it.

If this is Jana D. I’ve read several other articles written by her for Stereophile, and she’s a very talented writer and photographer! Would love to see her contribute further articles to Headfonia in the future. The light indicator looks cool, since the hole drilled for the led is super small, almost like a needle hole. This is a quick read that goes to the point at page 1.great.

Avec mon Pioneer ça suffisait largement d’ailleurs... le THX 789 je l’ai pris pour mon Audeze LCD2 Classic surtout! But, I wish these comments will be helpful in your professional reviewer journey. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I finally got my THX AAA 789 from massdrop.

I think this works out extremely well with electronic music. The packaging of the 789 matches its’ looks: clean and simple. Amplifiers, Phono preamp, and Analog Audio Review, Ultra-low distortion AAA™ circuit with high-voltage swing, Ultra-low noise THX architecture (less than 1 uV of output noise), Power to drive demanding headphones with ease (Up to 2000 mW at 32 Ohms, 1000 mW at 16 Ohms, and 275 mW at 300 Ohms), 3-position gain switch (allows for fine-tuning of signal-to-noise with any headphone or IEM), Ultra-low noise pre-amplifier output (Use the ONE to drive active desktop speakers or a dedicated power amplifier in a home stereo setup, and easily switch between headphone-out and pre-out with a dedicated button), High-quality aluminium chassis (which also works to shield the electronics from RF and other external noise), All parameters measured at 0 dB gain, 1 kHz, with unbalanced inputs and 300-ohm load unless otherwise noted, Outputs: 1/4 in (6.35 mm), TRS gold-plated Neutrik, Stereo RCA preamp gold-plated, Frequency response: + 0.01 dB / - 0.03 dB 20 Hz – 20 kHz, Gain: 0.25x , 1.0x, 4.0x (-12, 0, +12 dB), selectable via front switch, Chassis: High-grade CNC-milled aluminum with bead-blasted finish, Power supply: 30 VDC inline brick, universal input 100 – 240 VAC, Dimensions: 8.1 x 8.1 x 1.2 in (20.7 x 20.6 x 30 cm), Output power: 1500 mW, 16 ohms, <1% THD (watts per channel), Output power: 2700 mW, 32 ohms, <1% THD (watts per channel), Output power: 280 mW, 300 ohms, <1% THD (watts per channel), Output power: 140 mW, 600 ohms, <1% THD (watts per channel), THD: -118 dB, 300 ohms, 100 mW: 0.000126%, IMD: -114 dB, SMPTE 70 Hz + 7 kHz, 300 ohms, 1 V: 0.000398%, IMD: -131 dB, DFD 18 kHz + 19 kHz, 300 ohms, 1V: 0.000028%, Output voltage: 9.0 V / +21 dBu, <1% THD, 600 ohms load, IMD: -114 dB, SMPTE 70 Hz + 7 kHz, 600 ohms, 1 V: 0.000398%, IMD: -131 dB, DFD 18 kHz + 19 kHz, 600 ohms, 1V: 0.000028%. Even better, describing your musical experience can be helpful and make your review more illustrative. Tout peut se mesurer et se calibrer du moment qu'on dispose des bons outils. Mon Modwright TRYST est excellent, peut tout amplifier mais n'est pas totalement neutre (tube oblige + volonté du concepteur) bien que peu coloré. But this is a point of view of a lady and of how she sees and feels audiophile gear.

But, I’d had love to read more about the experience in using it with the amp. It is utterly uninspiring for just $100 less than their 789 product. But, I’d like suggest a few tips to make your next professional review even better. I would compare these to Final Audio's E5000. Objectivity is what sets apart a professional from the pack.

This review is not by any of the HFN Staff members but it is a guest article written by Hifi Chica. Very well written article, Jana. If that's what you guys want I can change that in a snap. […] that cemented Drop.com’s reputation for hatching price:performance benchmarks in this hobby: the THX AAA 789 Headphone Amplifier; and the Drop + Sennheiser HD6XX headphones – a $220 USD dark-blue […]. BLOG: The Fav Album Of…. I will try ordering one today. I received mine yesterday, and have been enjoying them for over eight straight hours. Does anybody know if it will have line XLR outs for the pre amp section? Specs listed below (from Drop, not measured by ASR) ... Oh man, assuming the channel imbalance seen on the L30 pre-production unit is an anomaly, Noise (A-wt): 0.95 uV, potentiometer at nil. So is it “a wire with a gain”?

Let’s discover that together in this article.

– Headfonia Lieven. It's $50 cheaper as well. The balanced connector is unnecessary for 99.99% of headphones. They’ve engineered a THX Achromatic Audio Amplifier (THX AAA™); basically an amplifier module that performs great, and they are selling this amplification module to other manufacturers.

This is also where you demonstrate the experti in the product you are reviewing and gain the authroity.

Nevertheless, that does not make the amplifier any worse; on the contrary, it is a great headphone amplifier, but not perfect by any means. The l30 at 2.4k is already a concern but may just be OK. Headphones and Headphone Amplifier Reviews. They reduced the noise so that's good.

No, you don’t get the thickest metal in the casing, but it’s not as if it’s a tin casing either. … And a reduction in cost from 300$ to 200$ is 33%, so seems like a pretty huge save to me.

This headphone amp is out for pre-order.

Sounds interesting, actually.

The Drop (former Massdrop) THX 789 is a wonderful headphone amplifier.

Any affordable device that boosts -10dBV level to +4 studio level without introducing extra noise? I might end up getting this unless it gets topped (in function and price) by l30, simply because of preamp function. THX, Lucasfilm THX, I was wondering? It’s a neutral sounding amp. Questions. For ex, if you only have experiences with a few headphone amps, you shouldn’t be writing a professional review. There's the smsl SP200 which is a THX full analog headphone amp. I have just received my Drop THX AAA™ 789 LINEAR AMPLIFIER.