People should watch a little more closely and accept the fact that not everything is laid out for you and that things tie up, or sometimes don't, in the end. The Mire All achieved within 5 episodes, with more weary building scapes and forest drone shots than Chernobyl. The more involved in the case, the deeper sinks into the title royst - the swamp, from which it is difficult to get out. Really good show overall, but the fact that he looked at that painting over and over and talked about it, almost showed it but never actually showed it drove me INSANE!

External Reviews Story, acting, pacing and not ruined by endless silly music. RELATED: The Best True Crime Netflix Original Series, According To IMDb. A couple of story lines literally went nowhere and one of the main characters had close to no redeeming qualities. In 1984, the town of Gronty is shocked with a brutal double murder. Living in Czechoslovakia/The Czech Republic in the 1990s so much of this rang true as far as life in this part of the world at that time.

The story progresses from scene to scene and you really have no understanding of who the characters are (new ones keep appearing) or what their connection to the story might be. Witold Wanycz (Andrzej Seweryn), an experienced, slightly bitter journalist, is to write about the murder in the local newspaper. Huge improvement to mainstream American tv.

They all walk on a razor's edge searching for the truth, waiting for a verdict, which will establish, in a way or another, a new course for their lives. I agree with other viewers that the story is complex in excess and difficult to understand, Right after the third episode things seem to come out of the fog to paint a picture.

In a small, forgotten city somewhere in the south-west of Poland, there is a brutal ... 12 of 18 people found this review helpful. ...and more than a tad muddled. Don't watch if you're feeling a bit glum, even if the story is well thought out. FAQ Crime - Uptodate/ Waiting for next season. In a small, forgotten city somewhere in the south-west of Poland, there is a brutal double murder: a young prostitute and a local communist activist. The acting is outstanding, I'd love to see another season. The 1980s in Poland - the very center of a bleak landscape between martial law and the Round Table. He learns more and more about the mysteries of this murder, revealing corruption and fraud among local elites.

I would hope there will be another series. Together with Piotr, a young journalist, they begin their own investigation. It had a singular plot but different paths that led to it. I haven't finished the series yet, but definitely will. A Polish teacher moves to a provincial town and gets involved in investigating the brutal murder of a high school girl. Watched and ended up with more questions than before I watched it. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site?

A small double murder shakes the town. The continual references to the dark secret in the forest was just bunkum, as nothing has ever happened in Grotny forest, as it doesn't even exist. It drew me in immediately. The series has aired in Poland under the title Rojst before its Netflix release.Read our The Mire review here! A fictitious voivodeship city in late-communist Poland (with its degenerate monoparty's power being behind almost anything that goes on there). In a small, forgotten city somewhere in the south-west of Poland, there is a brutal double murder: a young prostitute and a local communist activist. Mere minutes in, you will know exactly when and where you are. The Mire (2018– ) User Reviews Review this title 30 Reviews. Beautifully shot, wonderfully acted and directed. I found it enjoyable and full of just the right amounts of twists and turns.

The audio English dubbing is lacking/sub standard. It wasn't complicated at all.

This is one of a small handful of movies I've seen in my life where the cinematography absolutely makes the show. Looking for something to watch? By episode two (2) you the viewer are hooked (it's pretty decent) even though you won't fully understand everything that has happened. ahmetkozan. In a small, forgotten city somewhere in the south-west of Poland, there is a brutal double murder: a young prostitute and a local communist activist. An eight-episode story charting seven days from the life of a cocaine dealer whose perfectly organized life begins to sink into chaos while he is forced to make the most important choices in his life. "Kurier", the local newspaper, hands over this matter to an experienced journalist, Witold Wanycz. I'm surprised to read others criticism that the storyline was too confusing.