Funding for FRONTLINE is provided through the support of PBS viewers and by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. LAWERANCE: Y'all ain't respectful. I can't take it out on everybody else. JAMES TAYLOR: The state requires it. It puts a strain on people. But he'll be back tomorrow. Do you see this face? He cares deeply about all kids. OK. LAWERANCE: Then we won't be able to do it. I was just excited to have her back because I mean, no dad and mom and graduating this year, and to have no family member see me, it was going to suck, you know? It was pretty bleak. It's not challenging. I mean, that's just me. Sparkle moved to Dallas over the summer. JAMES TAYLOR, Leaver Clerk: we have to have something to prove where they are. They don't care about me there." And I was, like, "Yes, Mom."

But like, I know missing days, like, bring me back on my work. MARCUS: I don't put in the effort.

But no, I'm sure many, many more did not get a diploma somewhere. If you are a podcaster, the best way to manage your podcasts on Listen Notes is by claiming your Listen Notes And so you're destined to— probably a lot of unemployment over the course of a lifetime.

Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2pvq8Ws | Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/2JZSK70, -- Nightline: Listen to full episodes of ABC News' award-winning late-night news program. It might happen in the movies— you know, the bad girl or the bad boy goes to another school for their senior year. It's paid off because our kids are doing better than, you know, most of the other schools in the district. But she never did. This is preliminary, but when you look at our algebra scores, they are amazing. There's no question in my mind, when I got here, our graduation rate was too low, our dropout rate was too high. SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR: On Sunday, you need to be there at 3:00 o'clock. You are rude and disrespectful. That's how much talent he has. But most likely, she's going to just take me out to eat at Olive Garden, and that's it. MARCUS: I don't know.

BRANDI BREVARD: So you're telling me you can't do something to try to stop? What happened to the other 166? EBONY WASHINGTON: No, it doesn't affect our number, but it affects my morals. I'm, like, what is going on? BRANDI BREVARD: OK. And I'm disrespectful to you? But—.

That's what she do. RANA BOONE: There's so many endearing qualities to Sparkle. Do you want to take it or not? I got a whole bunch going on right now, a whole lot. And I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying I haven't seen you. I sleep on their couch. The next day, that boy got killed. You skipped.

School ain't the only thing that's working through my life right now. So you better get after it. I was 17 at the time, 16, and I was, like, working 40 hours or more a week, which I still do. [cheers and applause]. So this school and this district do not have to allow you to be on this campus. This morning, I texted her and she told me, "How much would a cap and gown be?" ROB GASPARELLO: I want you in school playing because this could be your ticket. One of the things that I noticed when I started here at Sharpstown was that there were a lot of girls that were pregnant and/or that had kids. You have a plan? But I just don't understand ethically how you can walk away, and year after year after year after year, see these kinds of schools when you know what to do to fix them. Where are you going to"— "I'm going to live with my mom." Come here! So we had a meeting to talk about the scores. I want you to promise me that you'll come to school from now on. And that's the part that we can fix. Like, I know this in my heart.

It's the officer that's telling him to stop. Because in my life, a lot of people they came in and then left out. COZETTE CHURCH, Dean: When Marco came to school— and I remember this— he was so happy. Because she's not interested, she's not coming. What we are seeing is more of our kids over the last two years have stayed here. Will you stand at the front for me? Otherwise, I feel like he'll just fall off. We had a little skirmish during lunch. BRANDI BREVARD: It's not even five minutes! Most people cannot do this work, but you want us to be miracle workers. A lot of them do give up at 18. PBS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. And slowly throughout the year, it's become, "Now I live with just my friends. It was very normal. So she's getting really low grades in every area of my class grading. There's no way. RANA BOONE: Do you want that to be your future? BRANDI BREVARD: Get in here. MARCO: There's plenty of kids out here that do that, especially at this school, yeah. I really— I really— it wouldn't matter, yeah, because, really, I never thought that I actually could go to college. I'm going to make it work. It's not engaging. You've got a goal and you're so close to it. Like, "You guys take care of it. BRANDI BREVARD: What happens if you are sent to CEP for three months? But that's a hard thing. I'm still the same person. Why? It's on our grounds, but it's kind of HISD's way of trying to help kids that may have dropped out because they can't attend school from 8:00 to 3:00 or 8:00 to 4:00. Then he tried to choke me out for no reason. You know how they say you may be strong, but then there's Army strong? Sharpstown High School was one of those four schools. What's the situation?" You're kidding me? After claiming your Listen Notes podcast pages, you will be able to: Thank you for helping to keep the podcast database up to date. ROB GASPARELLO: You can't stay inside with a hat on.

This is dumb. And I don't know— I was never used to that life, you know, so I just had to suck it up.

YOLANDA TREVINO: She withdrew on March 2nd.

This is everything right here. You know that's going to end up costing you. MARCUS: Yeah, them F's. It's very likely at this point. A pretty modern way to be entertained or learn new things! I hope it was worth it. Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers—and falls in love with—struggling artist Ally. The media can't get enough, and neither can many investors as Theranos Wellness Centers start popping up at Walgreens. And hopefully, I'll come out on top like I want to. So I started the Teen Moms and Expectant Moms Club. Three a star is born.

LAWERANCE: But all you hear is what everybody else say! We look at numbers and we figure out, maybe, what are the real numbers?

And I can show you the text message that she sent. You know, he's 19. RANA BOONE: What I'm trying to get to, Sparkle, is we looked at your records. Money. The story of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos is an unbelievable tale of ambition and fame gone terribly wrong. Now that it's June, and she's, like, happy, like. He touch me any time before I leave this bitch, I'm going to punch him in his face! ROB GASPARELLO: They don't— they— you just don't— that's not the way it works. How did her technology, meant to revolutionize healthcare, potentially put millions of patients at risk?

Why? And my daughter is about to be 3 years old next month. But at some point, we have to say, "We've done everything humanly possible to help you, and you don't want that help." How did the world's youngest self-made female billionaire lose it all in the blink of an eye? EBONY WASHINGTON: Where you going to live at? ROB GASPARELLO: It's the whole interaction of doing school that he doesn't get. Synopsis. And it's because of my dad. After everything that I've done for him and the support that I've given him, it just pisses me off. They create these things called "Leaver Codes," which are— a student is a "leaver" for this reason, and when they are a "leaver" for this reason, they are not a dropout. ABC News chief business, technology and economics correspondent Rebecca Jarvis, along with producers Taylor Dunn and Victoria Thompson, take listeners on a journey that includes a three-year-long investigation. And then you're saying, "I don't feel well," and you're late to class. You'll hear exclusive interviews with former employees, investors, and patients, and for the first-time, the never-before-aired deposition testimony of Elizabeth Holmes, and those at the center of this story.Read Less. BRANDI BREVARD: No, I said you don't have to take the test. Even if a quarter of that is true, it's a devastating reality for, you know, a kid in high school.

BRANDI BREVARD: So that's your problem. INTERVIEWER: Would he survive in any other school environment besides this? BRANDI BREVARD: And you going to have a good day today? And she's going to graduate this year. What are the chances that lots of kids from a high-poverty high school are moving to a private school? In a sense, I don't. We don't always make the best decisions. DEANZA SHARPE-SOLOMON: Come on, Lawerance. Then I'd sleep for, like, 3 or 4 hours. You— you— you— what's going to happen when you go to court again?