She had taken the children back to Dallas and he …, A woman shares a story about a possible encounter with the Goat Man of Texas. They got out unharmed and fought the urge to run.

Short, sharp horns protrude from the forehead, nestled in long greasy hair that matched the colour of the fur on the legs.

Reportedly covered in both scales and fur, it slammed with a crashing bang onto the hood of the Reichart’s car and even tried to grab hold of the not-surprisingly-terrified Mrs. Reichart, before racing off into the pitch-black night and the camouflage of the dense, surrounding trees. Almost identical to all goatmen stories, the Proctor Valley Monster seems like a tale told around a campfire, just right for a Hollywood B-movie. It concerns nothing less than a terror-inducing Goat-Man, of the very type that have been reported from a whole variety of other locations across the United States for many a year. From the waist up he was human and very muscular with big hands. The saga of the lake’s mysterious and supernatural resident is one that particularly intrigues me, as I lived at the lake from 2003 to 2008. Hence his deep desire to forever haunt the old steel-and-wood bridge at Denton. Terry Deckard, a reporter, wrote an article about it in the newspaper, which made the front page. If you decide to visit, beware. They are car like monkey face almost human…, U R FOS if u never been out there as I have.

The second encounter happened in Tempe Az. He made a plaster cast of a footprint 16 inches long and 8 inches wide. Of course they noticed this feature after they had accepted the ride. The bridge was built in 1884 and led to the home of a black man who raised goats, otherwise known as the "Goat Man." She attended college in the Houston area and changed her major twice (psychology, computer science, and finally criminal justice) before taking a leap of faith and dropping out to pursue a career in freelance writing. It’s from Pan that we get the word “panic.” Hence the term “panic-attack.” A fascinating account – which, notably, ties in with panicky states – that is deserved of mention was brought to my attention years ago by Sandy Grace, who saw the Goat Man up close and personal in August 2001, at White Rock Lake. Will you be next?

But if you do, please comment here.

The stories began surfacing a “long, long, long” time ago, according to Dr. Barry Pearson, a folklorist at the University of Maryland. A variation of the legend tells of Goatman as an old hermit who lives in the woods, seen walking alone at night along Fletchertown Road. Large or small, any amount helps! And, it wasn’t long at all before I got to hear the lowdown on the Pan-like creature. The police at this point decided to investigate. Popular; Comments; Tags; Flying Humanoid – Donna, Texas. A couple of things are clear to me, It can drag someone through a dimension. I recall grabbing my friends hand..turning around n ranbackto our school.this was in like 88.. People have described hearing horses galloping along the wooden planks, frantic splashing in the creek below, crazed laughter like that of a madman, and sinister, inhuman growling coming from the woods lining the bridge. “When I was around 8 I was walking home from my school (not supposed to), …, Goat Man of Lake Worth, Texas Numerous sightings in July 1969 led to the belief of a half-man, half-goat creature living in Lake Worth in Texas. [3][1] In 2019, the Fort Worth Water Department's H2OMG Podcast released a four part audio series on the legend of the Lake Worth Monster. What did you see? In most accounts, the Pope Lick Monster (named after the Pope Lick Creek below the Pope Lick Train Trestle) appears as a human-goat hybrid with the grotesquely deformed body of a man. A few years later, Oscar Washburn was known as a dependable and honest businessman, and North Texans endearingly began to call him the Goatman. At this location sitting around a fire about 2 am. The paranormal has been a part of my life since my first encounter with an Aswang at 2 years old. You’re racking your brain for logical explanations…and that’s when you see him. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bizarrely, when it got within about fifteen feet of the terror-stricken Grace, the animal crouched on its four limbs and vanished in a flash of light. [5] Since reports of the monster ceased when school resumed, many suspected the incidents were pranks carried out by high school students. Some say he was a man who kept goats and went mad after teenagers killed his flock, driven to seek revenge against any youngster. They found their belongings and his back pack nothing had been taken, except for the missing boy.

While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. [3][1][2] According to one reporter, the Goatman legend was spread via summer camp stories, where camp counselors told children to “listen carefully...and you’ll hear his cry on clear nights like tonight”. He had asked them if they wanted to go with him to a party. They were there because they had heard their hippie friends talking about the legend of goat mountain.

Outside of work, you can likely find her curled up on the sofa with a hot cup of coffee, watching a crime TV show or scary movie. Hooves and all. The tale holds that he was experimenting on goats, the experiment went awry, and he began attacking cars with an axe, roaming the back roads of Beltsville, Maryland.
I am going to this place to have this encounter armed and ready for what ever the unknown has to throw at me. The Hopi and the Navaho -Dine will not whistle in the desert at night for fear of skin walkers. Mysterious Universe is a property of 8th Kind Pty Ltd, Strange Legends and Mysteries at Japan’s Fear Mountain, Astronomers May Have Located Our Moon’s “Long-Lost Twin”, Antarctic Structures, Godzilla Wasps, Parallel Universes and More Mysterious News Briefly — November 5, 2020, Bridges: Certain Locations That Attract Paranormal Phenomena, Police Involvement in Famous High Strangeness Cases. He also related many strange happenings and sounds around his home. The Goatman is a humanoid cryptid most commonly associated with Louisiana, Maryland and Texas. So, they decided to take matters into their own hands. She is still haunted by this memory to this very day. Far less well-known is the aforementioned White Rock Lake Goat-Man. But all of that is just child's play compared to what could happen. True Horror Stories of Texas, Ghost Charro attempts to kidnap little boy (Santa Maria, TX), Ouija Board to Blame for Alleged Attempted Murder, Skinny Ghost Woman Dressed In Black (McAllen, TX), Flying Winged Humanoid Creature – Eagle Pass, Texas, Confronted By Ghost Lady in White (Texas City, TX), 7ft beast described as ‘half human, half animal’ caught on camera, Retired Police Officer Sees Cat-Like Humanoid, The Devil’s Lagoon of The Rio Grande Valley, Pulled Into A Different Dimension (Rio Grande Valley), View truetexashorror’s profile on Facebook, View truehorrorstoriesoftexas’s profile on Instagram, “Fred”- The Ghost Of The Old PSJA Auditorium (San Juan, TX), Ghosts of Rivera High School (Brownsville, TX), Valley Baptist Hospital Ghost Nurse – Harlingen, Texas, The Haunted La Lomita Mission (Mission, TX), The Legend of Sarah Jane Road in Port Neches, Texas, The Devil at Los Arcos Ballroom – West Texas, Mission Junior High Shadow Teacher (Mission, TX), South Texas Flying Humanoid Encounter (McAllen,TX).

But I kno wut I saw in broad daylight. Dallas Area / Ghosts / Goat Man. There is a mame that comes…, Yeah this story is hard to read through because the locations mentioned are nowhere near each other.

Valley Baptist Hospital Ghost Nurse – Harlingen, Texas; The Succubus of Mission, TX; The Floating Cadejo ; Podcast.

Terry Deckard, a reporter, wrote an article about it in the newspaper, which made the front page.

And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now: The bridge was built in 1884 and led to the home of a black man who raised goats, otherwise known as the "Goat Man." North America (Minus Mexico and Caribbean), Mysterious Creatures: A Guide to Cryptozoology, Creatures and Beings of China Folklore and Lower Mythology, Cumberland Spaceman (Solway Firth Spaceman), Pterosaurs and Pterodactyls in Cryptozoology, The Buru, Giant Lizards and Giant Crocodiles, The Death Dealing Tree of the Phillippines, The Mysterious Giant Snake Of North-Africa, Titanoboa and largest snakes of the world, https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Goatman?oldid=112224. The Bonita Museum in Chula Vista has a casting of a strange footprint alleged to be that of the monster. You may see lights with no apparent source, your car doors might lock on their own, and your vehicle might even break down altogether. This young man had been living on the streets on mill ave, no family, no one to contact. My common law wife is a Mexican witch and turns…, my mother was out in the yard in Raymondville one day at this time and thought there was a small…, Jaguarandi,,,yes they are rare species, but hang around the mexican border towns. It lurked in farm fields, stalking the unwitting animal in a desire to tear it apart and feed on its flesh and blood. People have reported seeing an apparition with a herd of goats trailing behind him, a headless specter holding a goat head in each hand, and even a creepy half-man, half-goat hybrid creature. A local psychiatrist who once lived in Alpine quite seriously claims to have seen a Bigfoot-type creature in the hills near his house. The creature grabbed him from behind he was overpowered easily there was a slight struggle the boy friend was screaming bloody murder. The description of the animal was eerily like that of the fabled Satyrs of Greek legend. One night in the summer of 1969, all hell broke loose. Get more stories delivered right to your email. [3], In a later interview, Allen Plaster commented on the photo, described as a man-sized "white furball", that he took while driving past the Nature Center in 1969. The car won't start, or maybe they had a flat tire, and the boy gets out to investigate -but he doesn't come back. Love Texas? Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat.

Said to be seven feet tall and a "deranged cow"; the Proctor Valley Monster provides numerous points of evidence for Goatman's existence, including a footprint. The legend of the Proctor Valley Monster grew, and it is described as a 7-foot tall hairy humanoid like a Bigfoot, or sometimes a cow-like animal with its body parts in the wrong place.

“I do not know if anyone reading this has any information about the Goat man on the small mountain in Tempe, AZ.

The first was an encounter on the Res in Parker Az.

It has powerful, fur-covered goat legs, an alabaster-skinned face with an aquiline nose and wide set eyes. It is described as a seven foot tall hybrid creature; part man and part goat.

Old Alton Bridge, also known as Shane's Bridge, is a historic iron truss bridge connecting the Texas cities of Denton and Copper Canyon.Built in 1884 by the King Iron Bridge Manufacturing Company, it originally carried horses and later automobiles over Hickory Creek at a location that once was a popular ford for crossing cattle. Hi..Ive had weird experiences all my life..One time I woke up at 1 am because I heard like if a…, Second Lechuza story My other wife I once had was once tormented by a lechuza in her home when she…, What I'm about to tell you will sound incredibly strange.

I feel lucky tho. Folks in Denton County, Texas knew Oscar Washburn as a reliable man with good business sense. Then, your car stalls and refuses to start back up. The story sometimes has mysterious huge footprints found nearby.