I personally love riding them in my local mini ramp! In general, Thunder trucks are better suited for technical street skating and Independent are great for transition skateboarding.

The truck’s hangar is the metal triangular-shaped part which supports the axle and is used to grind rails and curbs. The Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, GMC Sierra 1500, Ram 1500, Toyota Tundra, and Nissan Titan fall into Class 2.

All the “normal-looking” pickups you know and love; Half-Ton, Three-Quarter Ton, and One-Ton, are considered “Light Duty” trucks. Maybe you like to do all of these things and are looking for an all-around truck? There are many skateboard truck brands out there but a couple of them stand out. ", "Great prices and a very big selection of products. The nut on the end of the kingpin allows you to tighten or loosen your trucks. Generally speaking, you want your board to line up (or come very close to) the ends of the axle. Transition skateboarders need different trucks as street skaters and what if you like both? The cup needs to fit perfectly as tiny air pockets can cause your trucks to wiggle. Bowl/pool skaters require a bit looser trucks for better carving the bowl’s curvy surface. Second, consider what and where you want to skateboard, the hardness of the trucks’ bushings, type of baseplate, even pivot cups and washers can make a difference. It can't be beat. The kingpin also controls how much pressure is being put on the bushings. The right width is the most important of all but there’s more to it. Venture doesn't currently make a 5.5" truck but does make a 5.8" with a 8.75" axle. The forged baseplate is stronger than the standard baseplate and probably the best truck considering its price and quality. In the end, spending more will support the brands allowing them to do more research and improve the technology.

We have gone through the most common skateboard truck brands and actually measured the trucks to give you an accurate table for comparison. They’re cheap and will help to keep your bearings in good condition as they reduce the friction on your buts and hangar while moving. $22.95 Color: Size: Add to Wish List. For the perfect truck size, you are aiming to match the overall truck width to the deck width, for example, a 7.75" deck matches a 5.0" truck, an 8.0" deck matches a 5.25" truck. You can buy these at any hardware store and they’re rather cheap. The construction and material of the truck will effect how it rides, flips and grinds. They usually consist of hard polyurethane. Broadly speaking, every truck brand will make trucks that fit the 1/4 inch scale, usually starting at 5.0" and increasing by 1/4 inch each time (i.e: 5.0", 5.25", 5.5"...). While not being really a part of trucks I still think I should mention shock pads and riser pads. They offer a lifetime warranty if your truck has a production defect.

… Consists of a hollow kingpin and hollow axle to take some weight of the truck. The Tensor Über EX17 Slider Magnesium Light has the same features but is mainly made of magnesium. Low trucks offer the most stability but careful about bigger wheels, low trucks are around 46 to 49 mm. If you only skate transition go for Independent trucks or Venture trucks. When this part wears down, the trucks can become extremely unstable so make sure to keep an eye on this part. You don’t have to worry about this as stock pivot cups are fine. Axle Width: 8", 8.25", 8.5". Sometimes your trucks make squeaky or clicking noises. We have adjusted these on the table guide below. The full length of the axle is the measurement from bolt to bolt. (124) Enuff Corelites Skateboard wheels 4-pack EUR 19,95 Note - Every skate truck brand represents their sizing a little differently, so it's easy to get confused. I’m told manufacturers also consider a “Class 2B” (GVWR 8,500 to 10,000 pounds) because 8,500 pounds is the cutoff at which they no longer have to provide EPA MPG estimates on window stickers. A bent axle means buying a new truck. To help make it easier for you when choosing the right size trucks we have grouped them for suitable deck sizes, just use the filter "Your Deck Size" on the Truck category.

Just skate them for a few days and slowly tighten the nut if you prefer a tighter setup. This makes for universal fitment of aftermarket cargo components.