Let’s face it, we all have shoved aside Windows updates because of how long Windows takes to update on your computer.

I'm a technical writer for Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). If you want to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, select the uninstall option from the drop-down list. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.

Sometimes, Windows Update will replace the manual update drivers with its own drivers, which is unacceptable for some PCs. This sleep state issue is not universal and seemingly random. How To Fix Surface Keyboard Not Working?

You must log in or register to reply here. On the Surfaceforums blog there’s a distressingly similar complaint about the Surface Pro 3. Be sure that the Type Cover Keyboard is detached from the Surface Tablet for at least 10 seconds.

There are many third-party driver checkers and update downloader tools and software so that you are up to date on the latest drivers to avoid updating device drivers manually.

From now on, you can wake PC from sleep using the keyboard. While the keyboard is pretty good for long working hours, there is a possibility … why this happen ? The build doesn't include any new features, but it does have several bug fixes.

If any dust particles were causing the Surface keyboard not working error, this should solve the problem for your device. This article applies to your symptoms if the following conditions are also true: Your computer has a Bluetooth radio; The Windows option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is set. If this is the case for you as well, you might need to troubleshoot the touchpad as well. You can choose to keep your files, or clear everything and start afresh. My solution now is to detach and attach it back again. Comment below if you found this useful, and to discuss further the same. Get the Microsoft Surface Type Cover Keyboard. There are similar reports from Singapore, on Windows Central, and many, many more on the Microsoft Answers forum.

5) Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Installation Settings.

Tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall but still unsucessful. To perform a Two-button shut down on your Surface Tablet, follow these steps. Columnist,

But no worries, it’s possible to fix. With a pencil eraser, gently rub over the six connection pins on your keyboard. Now, a representative from the team has spoken on the matter in the Community Forums: "Yes, The 'standby' battery life is an issue we are working on and have been working on. – We Show You Reasons & Best Solutions!

Windows will automatically download and install the missing keyboard drivers on your Surface Tablet.

It was first when I tried to start the surface in bios (press + and power for 5-10 seconds) to see if the keyboard would work there. If you had a case cover on your Surface Tablet before you were facing issues with your keyboard, and later on the Type Cover Keyboard suddenly stopped working with the Surface Tablet.

Your Surface Tablet will turn on, and hopefully, your Type Cover will work on the Tablet.

How To Change Download Location In Chrome Or Firefox? Let the devices air dry for a few minutes.

But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee): 2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button.

It is a new device and has never worked. In Clean boot mode, your PC starts with just the essential Windows programs and services.

My type cover was attached throughout this process. For now, Microsoft says there are a few things users can do to improve things dramatically: The first tip is a common one.

Using a cotton swab damped with isopropyl alcohol, gently clean the contact pads on the Type Cover Keyboard as well as the Surface Tablet.

Woody Leonhard is a columnist at Computerworld and author of dozens of Windows books, including "Windows 10 All-in-One for Dummies.". He loves trying out new software and gadgets, and writes about them with a user friendly mindset. Windows 10 not sleeping or the Windows 10 Sleep Mode Not Working issue is a very common and easy to fix. Many errors surface from time to time as reported by users. After you have uninstalled all the keyboard device drivers, click on tap on the. cleaning these connections with rubbing alcohol. Which Industries Can Benefit from Text to Speech Technology? Your email address will not be published. After trying everything you possibly can and still finding the Microsoft Surface Keyboard to be either unresponsive or finicky, you might be left to wonder that there is an issue with the Type Cover Keyboard accessory.

I do not wish to refresh windows as i don't want to have to reinstall everything, and i can't roll back the surface firmware updates. You can start off by taking the Microsoft Surface laptop to an official service centre set up by Microsoft, where the expert would be able to provide you a detailed breakdown of where the issue lies. One man's journey to be more just a lucky stiff. Good luck, and have a good weekend. In its root, the Surface is a Windows 10 laptop.

A light appears on the Fn keys when the keys are locked into function mode. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. Copyright © 2020 • Why The Lucky Stiff • Advertising Disclosure • Privacy Policy • Disclaimer.

Over the years, as Microsoft has thinned the line of difference between business-grade laptops and conventional tablets, the Surface series has become a crowd favorite. Required fields are marked *. Clean the connector pins located on both the clipboard and the keyboard folio. In the Devices portion of the Control Panel no errors show up. Use a microfiber or a lint-free cloth damped with mild soap. While the keyboard is pretty good for long working hours, there is a possibility that the keyboard folio may have locked up after being connected for a long time. But, to get the full laptop replacement solution with the Surface tablets, you need to purchase a “sold separately” Microsoft Type Cover keyboard. It would pair and work until the computer went to sleep or logged off. Whytheluckystiff is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other similar affiliate programs, and As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases on this page. 5) Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Installation Settings. Remove any case from the Surface Tablet and align the contact pads correctly. Click the restart option, and your Surface device will restart. Fix: Surface Pro 4 Keyboard not Working If the issue is with your Computer or a Laptop you should try using Restoro which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files.

Note: This method should only be tested on Surface 3 or Surface pro 1/2/3/4. We hope our guide to solving the Microsoft Type Cover Keyboard not working on Surface devices has helped you to revive your Type Cover Keyboard. Keep a text editor open to check whether the keyboard works after reattaching the keyboard to the Surface Tablet. I had a similar issue with my Surface Pro 4 with Arc mouse SE.

I love tinkering with computers, smartphones, and other tech toys. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. Most of the time, keyboard will not work when I press power button to come back from sleep mode. I had this cover problem since day two after I got my surface pro 3. We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Then on reboot it would not work. Required fields are marked *. While briefly being persuaded by the Apple clan, he made it back to Team Android, and has been a loyal comrade since, with a keen interest in IoT, Entertainment Tech, and Gaming. We use this setup on the Surface Book and frankly it works just fine as the time to wake is a couple of seconds due to the speed of the processor and SSDs. I would like to receive mail from Future partners. If there is an update available for Windows Surface tablet, they will be offered to you, and you can update Windows. Your error should now be resolved. Keeping this in mind, if you see Microsoft Surface laptop keyboard not working, troubleshoot the keyboard like you would any other laptop. Here’s how to check and update Windows 10 on your Surface Tablet. Microsoft this week fixed the crashing display driver issue found on the new Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. While spending the extra dollars might not be the most desirable choice when you’ve already shelled out thousands on the tablet laptop, the Surface is incomplete without its most valuable accessory. The mouse would show connected when on but Pair when off. This time the symptoms involve a suddenly dead Type Cover, a missing driver — and no help from Microsoft. I have seen the following resolve an issue where the keyboard doesn't seem to work after exiting sleep mode on certain notebooks here recently. All I do every day is to write articles that are easy to read, and I do hope you find instructions in my posts easy to follow.

Because the keyboard and the touchpad are wired on the same folio, there is a chance that the touchpad may not be working as well. Make sure the pins are correctly aligned. I write articles to help people solve their problems, whether it's a hardware issue or system error. The touchpad and keyboard of my laptop stops responding after waking up from sleep mode. You can change to a different setting mode to see if the problem is resolved:  1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. The problem stems from the early adoption of Intel's new Skylake chipset, which is causing issues even for non-Microsoft PC manufacturers.