I bought two of them and some LED's to put in as well, as for the light with 65 lumens it's amazing! If you are worried about breaking bulbs, (I broke one once by dropping it on concrete about 8 years ago) buy a spare one and keep it in your car with some extra batteries. The real deal. Northern Red's Zack Harrison Explains It, Cost-Effective, Rechargeable Power for SureFire Tactical Illumination Tools, Safety + comfort = world-class hearing protection, The World's First Duty-Grade Micro-Compact WeaponLight. Again --- What a shame. What distinguishes this flashlight from all its LED competitors is that the color reproduction is perfect, due to the incandescent bulb.

It is one of my favorite lights. Activated with the first press of the tailcap switch, the low output was ideal for basic tasks such as reading a map or writing in a ticket book; pressing the switch a second time activated the high output. So I've generally stuck with imported lights like Zebralight and Eagletac before. It is a tough as nails light and the bulb is plenty bright. Reviewed in the United States on December 9, 2018.

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

This page works best with JavaScript. See all details for SureFire 6P Original Single Output Incandenscent (Two 123A Lithium... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

It also featured a flat tailcap with a lanyard attachment point, allowing the light to hang from the wrist, leaving both hands free for critical tasks such as reloading a pistol. We’re betting there’s a good chance that SureFire customers will recognize several of these models, and many of you may have an example close at hand, ready to meet your lighting needs at moment’s notice.

With so many history-making models in the 6-Series family, we thought it might be interesting to look back through the decades at the evolution of the species. Reviewed in the United States on December 31, 2012. The popular 6PX Tactical and Pro models continue to serve a vital role in SureFire’s comprehensive line of handheld lights, with both 6P variants receiving significant lumen upgrades. Feels great in the hand. The 6P is a super dependable flashlight, and with a good high lumen LED bulb upgrade it can be remarkably bright.

Sporting robust aerospace-grade aluminum bodies, the cutting-edge in light emitters and generations of SureFire’s industry-leading tactical tailcaps, many original 6-Series lights have spawned entirely new sub-genres of tactical flashlights while staying true to their roots at the same time. Learn how you can enable Javascript. Introduced in 1988, the SureFire 6C marked a true paradigm shift in handheld tactical illumination. Surefire 6P Original Flashlight is a compact (palm size) high-intensity incandescent Flashlights for tactical, self-defense, and general use. Today this feature can be found on the SureFire E2D Defender. Bright enough, but not too bright for indoor use at night. This is reliable, simple, and is backed up by a great warranty. Ordered this ole classic and wanted to keep it stock but converted it to led because I carry it alot now over my other lights.

SureFire discontinued the 6PX Defender, although its “fighting light” concept features would remain with the compact E1D and E2D Defender models.

It is one of my favorite lights. Just About Everything® Objects that are orange, red, or brown look great - not washed out and/or faded - which is a common issue with LEDs. So, too, were the venerable incandescent Xenon heads that met the critical requirements of 6P customers for two full decades. Its revolutionary orientation-independent tactical tailcap switch provided two activation options: press for momentary or twist for constant-on, a definite improvement over the 6C. Mastiff Press On-Off Tactical Momentary Remote Switch Fits Classic Surefire 6p 9p G2 G3 Flashlights Ultrafire C1 Torch, No Other Lights 3.7 out of 5 stars 57. But when I saw that I could get a Surefire 6P for such a bargain basement price, I just HAD to try one out. Every time. SureFire pioneered their use in its 300 and 600 series handgun lights, and SureFire’s founder, Dr. John Matthews, worked with the battery industry to develop critical upgrades that increased the utility of these energy-dense cells. Sure-Fire Compact Tactical Light 6P produces a smooth, brilliant, pre-focused tactical-level beam with four times the light of a big two D-cell flashlight - bright enough to temporarily blind and disorient a person by impairing his night-adapted vision. The 6P was Surefire's first model to combine the benefits of lithium batteries with a high power xenon bulb, and it's still one of the best. Extremely Lightweight. Improvements also included a new lockout tail cap to prevent negligent light discharge during tactical use or depleting the batteries when stored. The single-output 6PX Tactical and 6PX Defender (with Strike Bezel) each offered a 200-lumen maximum output by partially depressing orientation independent tactical tailcap switches for momentary-on or clicking for constant-on activation. The lamp went out in '15 and Surefire sent me a new one.

6Z What began as a 200-lumen flashlight, and was later upgraded to 320 lumens, now produces a blazing 600 lumens in single-output (Tactical) or high output (Pro) mode.

6PX/6PX Pro, Tactical, Defender While not as bright as some lights it's still almost too bright even when you're using it. SureFire 6P Original Single Output Incandenscent (Two 123A Lithium... SureFire 6P Original Single Output Incandenscent (Two 123A Lithium Batteries), Black. One of the few American made flashlight brands left - the other major one being Mag-Lite. I bought this simply because.....nostalgia. The 6P was Surefire's first model to combine the benefits of lithium batteries with a high power xenon bulb, and it's still one of the best. I got this light super fast!

The “Original” designation was changed from the 6P, to 6PL. Don't bother with Chinese junk in a Surefire. Two 123A batteries helped the Model 6C deliver an astounding 60 lumens of light — six times the industry standard — in a compact flashlight measuring a mere 4.6 inches long. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It consisted of a battery module, charger (smart or dumb) and an adapter to lengthen the body to accommodate the B65. To me, their lights have always been on the high side when it comes to price and the low side when it comes to features and performance. The rechargable B65 battery no longer supported by Surefire for the 6P.

The year 2008 marked a watershed moment in the history of the SureFire 6 Series. During the same period, SureFire also introduced a rechargeable version, the 6R. SureFire also offered a kit to convert the 6P into a 6R. Inspired by the shooting technique developed by former FBI agent Bill Rogers, the 6Z was machined with a reduced circumference in the center of the body. Can't go wrong with this ageless torch!! Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.

The 6P features a machined aluminum housing with a Pyrex lens. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. The momentary-on/constant-on tailcap remained, as did the rugged, Mil-Spec hard-anodized, all-weather aluminum body, while the LED set new standards in 6P performance, ruggedness, and reliability. If you carry this regularly, you will find that you use it a lot. The second was a new click-on/off tailcap switch that replaced the constant-on twist function by allowing the user to partially depress the tailcap switch for momentary output or press it fully for constant-on activation. It retained the 123A power source and added the option of either the 65-lumen P60 Xenon incandescent head or 120-lumen P61 head. 6P Defender Orders must have $49 of Free Shipping products to qualify for shipping discount. SureFire’s 6-Series models such as the SureFire 6C and 6P are the very foundation of the company’s world-class line of handheld flashlights. I've had a 6P since '06.

What a shame. It works as a handheld or weapon light equally well. I have never really been a Surefire fan in the past. Known as the G2, it was based on the 6P Original but featured a lightweight, durable and corrosion-proof, glass-filled polymer (dubbed Nitrolon at the time) body mated to molded bezel. Today, they remain a cornerstone power source for SureFire’s family of tactical illumination tools. $76.92 - $106.22. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It was effectively “dual fuel” before SureFire popularized the term via models that can be powered by two 123A lithium batteries or one 18650 lithium battery.