The latest ads are a whole new level of galactically stupid. I can’t tell you how many times my 89-year-old mother has asked me, “what is that commercial about?”. Now there’s an idea for a LiMu Emu commercial! Let’s just say I’m in the waning years of my creative career, and for years the humor and creative of TV commercials have yelled to me that they were created by thirty-somethings, or younger. I had no idea that a new car doesn’t start to depreciate in value until it’s first oil change.

I actually think that line is clever, but it’s the only thing clever about that ad. YOLO!! I can’t for the life of me imagine what they were thinking. How did you arrive at that number, may I ask? Here’s a mashup of them. Who in the world is creating these abominations. Rob, I believe commercials such as these speak to the Ditkas of the world who don’t do a whole lot of thinking for themselves. I do the same as you — lunge for the remote as fast as I can. You’d better believe the concept and BEEP BEEP BEEPing are intentional.

For the people who say, “Yeah, but you know our name now”, we may know the name but that only reminds us to stay away because your commercials insult our intelligence therefore why would we go with a company who thinks we’re stupid? Clearly, today’s young creatives have never read Bob Garfield’s book, “And Now a Few Words From Me.” In it, Bob observes that too often, advertisers mistake awareness of their work for affection. The damn things put me off so much that I honestly can’t stand to think about them.

I agree with the person who said that every single person involved in these ads should be brought up on charges. I checked Liberty Mutual’s Q2 2020 financial performance and it appears the company lost $320 million.

Commercials for “liberty” insurance are anti-male at a minimum. Enjoy your Reese’s cup! Have you seen Liberty’s TV ad budget for this year? You’re not alone, Joe. Whoever their ad agency is, they should fire them. Now every commercial has blacks depicted as Superior and held in high esteem. Sign up to track 96 nationally aired TV ad campaigns for Liberty Mutual. If you have a question, a tip, or something you would like to to share about car-buying, drop me a line at AutomatchConsulting@gmail.com and be sure to include your Kinja handle. Long story short, this educated consumer saved himself money by choosing not to prepay the insurance company for an accident he hadn’t had. Finally, The General has some bad animation that was probably cooked up on Windows ‘98, but you only see their ads on commercial breaks for Judge Judy.

But as I’ve said before: Advertisers, you cannot annoy people into buying from you. I have a friend that works at Liberty.