Benzo addiction brings out your own personal hell.

It stabilized my mood a bit, but overall didn't work much for me. I was actually able to make phone calls and show up for class. Some people say they changed/saved their lives, others say they are completely useless when it comes to anxiety. On celexa, I really stopped overanalyzing things. The biggest change I noticed was I wasn't obsessively hung up on the past. Not using is always safer.

Just got switched to Prozac.

Science Photo Library / Robert Brook / Getty Images.

Generally, you will take an SSRI once a day, usually in the morning. I also took celexa for only about six months. The best way I would describe it is Zoloft helped me to say yes to going to a party but when I was there I still felt anxious and generally uncomfortable. I remember going to a SA group I could relate to all the people, but I could tell I had a different route cause by how they all talked. SSRIs do come with a lot of risks and pretty low chance of it helping.

Read our, Medically reviewed by Daniel B.

Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry. Has helped me with my compulsive thoughts.

Currently I'm on 300mg of Luvox CR. I used to be unable to sleep due to anxiety, and now I barely ever worry.

There are some that work better than others. 2017;189(21):E747.

The problem that I have with ssris is quite long, so bear with me: Not sure, you should ask your doctor about that one. Advanced User Tagging (Pro) -

I know where you're coming from because when I'm on Adderall it's like a personality makeover.

It may take several weeks for you to notice an improvement in your symptoms. But if your anxiety is impacting your life that much, then what's the harm in trying it out? Also it's not even accurate to call SRIs drugs antidepressants. Daniel B. There are several SSRIs that may be recommended in treating SAD including the following. They function by regulating the levels of the mood-controlling serotonin in the brain. I was still really nervous when talking to new people and when it came to striking up conversation but it helped a bit. In addition to the FDA advisory on suicidal thoughts, there has also been an advisory released regarding the use of triptans for migraine headaches in combination with SSRIs. In combination, there is a risk of serotonin syndrome, a potentially life-threatening condition. I'm usually a clean and organized person, but not overly so. my dad was prescribed lorazapam for his bi-polar disorder. I'm struggling with social anxiety and the last thing I wanted to do was get on an SSRI. However if it is from feeling judged I'd say that really should be worked on without meds.

Adderall can stress me out so I hope the Vyvanse will be a bit smoother. These drugs cause the body to have symptoms that resemble parkinson's, a neurodegenerative brain disorder. BTW, probably the least known SSRI but the most effective for me (tried every one).

I cannot get off the couch once I get home and chores are piling up due to lack of motivation. Everybody's brain is different and some people argue that SSRIs function mostly on the "placebo effect".

However the people that it does help, it's an invaluable tool.

Press J to jump to the feed. Press J to jump to the feed. I take an SSRI for depression but I also have an anxiety disorder and I can safely say that they are both being treated. I would be in a situation when my mind would say "you're going to panic" but my body just wouldn't respond.

Prozac for instance has less of an anxiolytic effect than citalopram or ecitalopram because prozac speeds you up, whereas citalopram is more sedating.

Many SAD patients report positive results and relief from their social anxiety symptoms, while others find these medications to … I am also a jogger and train regularly so any meds that mess with this I would want to stay clear of.

before I started prozac, looking back on it, i never did any of that.

The dose that you require does not necessarily relate to the severity of your symptoms. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The thing with SSRIs is that you may have to do a trial and error thing. When you get rid of the anxiety and gain some confidence people react positively, which reinforces the confidence. In general, it is important to inform your doctor of all medications, both prescription and nonprescription, that you are already taking. 2017;37(1):49-54. doi:10.4037/ccn2017169, Orlova Y, Rizzoli P, Loder E. Association of Coprescription of Triptan Antimigraine Drugs and Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor or Selective Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor Antidepressants With Serotonin Syndrome. I am on it and it works wonders. I guess with the SSRIs...I've thought about trying them for a month, but I'm honestly afraid considering how much bad press they get. When researchers using the freedom of information act accessed the clinical trials both given and not given to the regulators it was found they were very similar on the scale of depression as placebo.

I wanna go ahead and stop taking bc of how tired it makes me. Please share your opinion and which SSRI you took/take for anxiety.