And not only will they break your heart, but they’ll steal your $5 plug, too! Check out these amazing fishing tips and stories from a TV show host who started fishing tournaments when he was 9 years old! Nothing breaks your heart like your rod doubling over, feeling a pop, and then your line going slack…but these toothy, speedy fish will do that to you.

:) lol Do you mean what kind of foam - as in closed cell, etc? Home made Sabiki the easy way!!! TAG or SHARE this with them!). Do you want to become a better (and more consistent) inshore fisherman? know someone who needs to see this article? I can remember a time when some of the local restaurants had to start dispensing one straw per drink purchase because fishermen were literally grabbing handfuls of them to take to … And not only does it catch Spanish mackerel, but any other fish you might encounter while targeting them.

I know people who use 4 or 5 straws of the same color ( mainly white with a red stripe ) and that may work better for bait. Then here are ten of the best inshore fishing tips on the web. My Straw Rig Box This is a very simple rig to make and is surprisingly effective for Spanish Mackerels. And if you want to see all of our exact fishing spots from Texas to Virginia, plus see what’s biting in your area right now, check out our SUPER-Community here. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson of FloridaKeysFunFishing.com is back to teach us the ultimate Spanish mackerel rig that catches macks from Texas to the Carolinas and greatly decreases your chance of getting broken off. Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip, Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area, Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else. Hey - what's a mackerel look like, anyway? Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land). Well, Capt. I've been trying to go through some of my fishing tackle and get it organized in preparation for Spring and Summer fishing. Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club! Coffee stirrers and a #4 long shank gold hook might get the job done? Very nice and great idea!!! And the ability to quickly go from targeting Spanish mackerel and using wire leader, to targeting snook and reds in the backcountry with mono leader makes things pretty easy! The gold hooks are a must have though.

You might have to tinker with the hook size and the size/length of the straws to get this rig to work for the size bait you want. Captain Paul , be sure to stop by and let me know if you have any luck!

Hard to believe a little nothing like a straw catches fish. The main part of this rig is a drinking straw from McDonalds ©. Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land). Well, Capt. Check out the video below for the ultimate Spanish mackerel rig and if you have any questions about it, ask us down in the comments! While I was digging through my saltwater box , I ran across the box I keep for straw rigs and thought it would make a great warm water " How-to " on this cold winter day. 130 W. Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL, 33880. For information about our Privacy Policy click, A Few Pictures from Jefferson National Forest. And not only does it catch Spanish mackerel, but any other fish you might encounter while targeting them. You can go around to different convenience stores and grab an extra straw or two when you get coffee. You will need size 1 or 1/0 gold Aberdeen hooks, 30 pound test monofilament, a 2 ounce pyramid sinker and a few different colored straws. Create memories that matter through fishing, Email: fish@saltstrong.comToll-free: (855)888-6494130 W. Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL 33880. It is considered a top water system and when retrieved quickly, the plastic bubble creates a trail of bubbles in the water ahead of the lure as it is retrieved, giving the And if you didn’t catch how he rigged the haywire twist or the albright special, or how he rigged the live shrimp on the jighead, check out the videos below: Think you can catch some Spanish mackerel with this rig? Sign up for FREE to receive the latest saltwater fishing videos, tutorials, product reviews, and fishing product discounts!

(P.S. The Z-Man is in the house! Gonna try this for Pacific Mackerel.

I don't know, but I wish I did - I have some of it that i'm hoping to turn into little black ants at some point. Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club. Have you ever been cut off by a Spanish mackerel? Little purple minnows! Enjoy and Fish On! If it works on our Left Coast fish it will save me $4 a pop over the Grande size Sabiki rigs. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson of FloridaKeysFunFishing.com is back to teach us the ultimate Spanish mackerel rig that catches macks from Texas to the Carolinas and greatly decreases your chance of getting broken off.