Something I wish I came to terms with earlier, is that we current play like a close quarters shooting army, not an assault army. 0000013573 00000 n Just like their legendary progenitor, the Primarch Leman Russ, Space Wolves are fierce and aggressive warriors.

You have about 300 points left to play with for as many dogs as you can fit in. Grey Hunters also have those. All proceeding sections have had their numeral increased by 1 to compensate. Also comes with a restriction that it MUST target the nearest enemy non-INFANTRY, or else the nearest INFANTRY. I did, but I also have a housemate who plays Ultramarines so it'll be doing double duty. I was initially excited about using it with Wulfen, but in practice, even with the free reroll, it's not great.

I replaced the link with a Google Image. Not worth $30 to me. The Space Wolves have access to unique wargear that is generally slightly better than what Codex Astartes Space Marines use.

9 comments.

I personally always bring Lascannons because I already have enough anti infantry with my Razorwolf packs, and I just want that extra range and strength to pop some big units. I do like their Shock Grenades, but it's very situational when it'll be useful. Add some way to reroll ones/hits and you can really lay a beating on something.

If it you're taking a detachment centered on Bjorn, do yourself a favour and take Bray'arth Ashmantle instead; T9, 2+ armour, 5+ invulnerable, and 4+ ignores lost wounds.

Models only have two arms so how should you model them? Forgot to mention that Grey Hunters also have the added benefit of being able to choose several Dedicated Transports. Gets me every time. Space Wolves' Sagas each have a secondary effect that expands their self-only buff into a 6" aura, which is activated by successfully performing a Deed of Legend (DoL). Twin Heavy Bolters: These are the default weapons. The Hunters Unleashed rule with the added attack that combat blades give to Reivers make them a powerful MEQ close combat unit. I plan on updating it weekly. Stick them in a Razorback (Assault Cannons are fun) and run them next to a Wolf Lord or Bjorn to confidently overcharge your Plasma shots. Note: You could make an army with heaps of 5 man units to take advantage of this rule to 'make' lone wolves. This is a tactical decision and will vary greatly depending on the enemy army. Another important topic for us to consider: We got a neat outflanking stratagem, and the most common "trap" for this particular stratagem is to use it with Wulfen, or something similarly beat-stick, along with some support. It acts as a useful way of discouraging opponents from charging your gunlines, especially if a melee-focused character is nearby to perform a Heroic Intervention. A unique flyer in the Stormwolf which is essentially a flying Land Raider. As is the case for the Rhino Primaris, do. Have been playing them since 6th edition and this is, by far, my favorite edition to date. One of the more popular and effective ways of running these guys is a 6-man unit that includes a Wolf Guard Pack Leader with a Combi-Plasma, a marine with a Plasma Pistol, and a marine with a Plasma Gun. Unless you use the Servo-skull hubs +1 to hit on the Rhino, in which case you can overheat without risk.

The combinations are phenomenal, particularly since there seems to be no limit on who can be your champions. If you want, you could cut off the hands of the Chainswords, and put it somewhere on the model where it would make sense while the model holds its Boltgun and Bolt Pistol, or vice versa with the Bolt Pistol. Land Raider, Repulsor, Storm Raven, Stormwolf. He's a good addition, especially for a non-deepstrike/outflanking army, and while he's tough, he's certainly not tough enough for this level of raving about. Though they are not berserkers or madmen (well, OK, maybe some of them are a little crazy) their headstrong personalities and inherent sense of justice means that the Space Wolves are forever waging a war against the evils of the galaxy, fighting with the cunning of a hunting pack rather than the frenzy of a rabid dog. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Will we be there after the codex? On the other hand, who would even need to bring 4 Lords of War into a game? It is far and away the most generally useful of the lot; a pair of them will murder most anything foolish enough to get in your way. The reason they are separated is because I broke the sections up into units that are "unique" to the Space Wolves: Only we can take these units, and units that are "not unique" to the Space Wolves: other armies also have this unit. But it's not that amazing compared to Plasma Guns which have higher strength and more -AP. Cataphractii and Tartaros are limited to their normal gear, making Tartaros the only worthwhile with the increased move and access to plasma/volkite. If you're using a number of deep striking units Ragnar's a decent bet to support them in a pod, allowing anyone around him a better chance of hitting that first turn charge with his re-rolls. Notably. What's important to note, is that you put your rapid-firing hellblasters right into rapid fire range, with zero risk to being shot the moment they drop on the table. You'd be losing the Bolt Pistol shot because the WG PL can only hold 2 weapons at a time. 8th edition is kind of a mixed bag for the Deredeo. At least thats the closest to a sensible reason I have heard other than they want us to buy primaris. As stated in the Wargear section, I didn't have enough experience with them to confidently state what they should be equipped with, just that I knew they were good. share. He can swap his normal loadout for a heavy bolt pistol and single combat knife, just like a Reiver. These guys can be deepstruck onto a midfield objective, and with bolter drill, combined with mid-tier AP and wound rerolls in melee means that they can hold against anything short of a Maulerfiend rampaging into them. Probably better spent on those Hellblasters or plasma Long Fangs though. His War Howl now grants all units within 6" re-rolls to failed charge rolls, Insane Bravado doubles his heroic intervention range and his Frost Sword hits at S5 AP-4 D2, chewing through anything without a decent Invulnerable save.

Like the THB option, cheaper than two of the base gun at only 35 points. It's a shame that you can't use this on other units, but by the Allfather this is amazing against melee hordes. Yes, it’s still expensive, but it is undoubtably one of the best anti-horde units in the game (barring titanic units, of course), and arguably flat-out the best anti horde unit you have access to. Edit: Also thank you for the additional info on Wolf Guard Bikers.

0000008889 00000 n What does it mean to play Space Wolves in the Index era? Can go claw-to-toe with other HQ units and come out on top. Note: This can be done in a variety of combinations, too. You must choose 1. The difference between these and what I listed in Section II is: efficient units are units who are, arguably, good in any [Space Wolves] list for their points cost. Many a rage has been caused by an opponent who has spent an entire shooting phase (of units in LOS) to chip off 3-4 wounds from my Axe and Shield Dread, and then I regain 3 of them. Links provided by u/enthsulther. Probably the best Primaris unit we have access to. These are your chaff killers. Every problem that plagues Space Marines applies to the Space Wolves. I don't really have much to add beyond subjective opinions and bittervet viewpoints that don't add much. Between Prospero Burns, Leman Russ: The Great Wolf, and Horus Heresy Inferno, the fluff is being overhauled to make the Wolves both more serious and more likable. NOTE: According to FAQ it must be Space Wolves.

Thank you for the suggestion, appreciate it! You need to maximize your opportunities to get the most out of it. We don't offer them anything unique at this time.

If you plan on having a Wolf Guard Battle Leader stay near Long Fangs for reroll wound rolls of 1 aura, don’t kit him out, keep him cheap as he probably won’t be seeing melee combat. 0000015077 00000 n

Wont set you back that much really, and the Dangels provide potent dakka to cover your advance. Reivers: They have Bolt Carbines or Combat Knives and Heavy Bolt Pistols.