It helps us to understand the setting of the poem since Spenser mentioned the word “strand”. The line “My verse your virtues rare shall eternize". Anyone who listened to the radio in the 1950's would have heard a hit song by Pat Boone, called "Love Letters in the Sand." He was appointed Professor of Latin at University College London and then at Cambridge as he had built his reputation by publishing as a scholar. He goes on to say that when people die, (because people do die because they are mortal) that everyone will still have knowledge of their love because it will be eternal. Out love shall live, and later life renew. STANZA 1: The first quatrain describes the poet writing his lover’s name on the sand. Despite the fact of the poet's beloved discouraging him, he never did give up but instead he proved his point by immortalizing his love towards his wife through his words and writing elements. Spenser's Sonnet 75 opens with the striking image of a man writing his beloved's name in the sand, only to see the waves wash it away again. My verse your vertues rare shall eternize, In Edmund Spenser's poem, “One day I wrote her name upon the strand,” the speaker uses imagery, metaphors, and personification to illustrate how love can be immortalized through poetry. The poet wants to immortalize their love through his writings and it will be known until the heavens. Erikson said this crisis is resolved with identity achievement, the point at which an individual has extensively considered various goals and values, accepting some and rejecting others, and understands who he or she is as a unique, husband who will hopefully continue to ensure that I don’t either. The book carries out a “thorough, rigorous attention to Keats’ odes and finds it a complex work of art unified as: The capitalized world “Death” shows how it will brutally destroy all other things except for their love, which will be renewed by the presence of the sonnet. By this time Spenser (1542-99) was 42 at the time and only lived another 5 years (almost not worth all the bother). The lover in his turn is then able to raise the argument to a still higher plane, as he asserts that their love will triumph over death. She wanted him to know that his actions were only futile and that there is nothing he could do to control the immortality of their love because immortality itself does not exist.

The title of the poem guides us to get an insight into what kind of incident the poet is about to narrate. Tired from using his regular hand, the speaker mentions himself switching to his “second hand,” which gives the reader an idea of how long he has been writing her name on the beach. -  The sea-side or beach also symbolizes a peaceful, comfortable place where the lover unreservedly expresses himself. She then calls his actions a “vain assay,” in other words, saying how his attempts are useless.

As we know, love is a mortal thing when one, or both partners depart from this earth, their love will slowly fade from the consciousness of people. He was most renowned for . Be aware that this sonnet is from a series of 89 that Spenser wrote called Amoretti. Also titled "One Day I Wrote Her Name Upon the Strand," Edmund Spenser weaves a tale about the ocean, love and immortality.