That says something. Daily Hive is a Canadian-born online news source, established in 2008, that creates compelling, hyperlocal content. Director of Multicultural & Immigrant Integration Services, Abbotsford Community Services.

The Little Heroes Hockey Academy creates an opportunity for children with developmental delays to participate in ice hockey. Everything! To this day, she gets wide eyes when she sees the dolphins. Store #2290 is proud to know that their employees believe that their store makes it easy for people from diverse backgrounds, whether it be gender, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, to fit in and be accepted. In between my weather hits, I’m posting weather updates on our social media outlets. I’m a Weather Anchor and a Community Reporter for Global BC. Having said that, I do push limits with my fashion and I have certainly received attention for it, so far all positive. It makes my heart so happy. government wants out of Broncos lawsuit, Canadian-made rapid test for COVID-19 can be transported without refrigeration.

; delay at lab results in lower than expected numbers, Saskatoon braces for potential record-breaking weekend blizzard, 'It was a quick jump': 27 cases linked to COVID-19 outbreak at the Lighthouse, Regina residents react to mandatory mask order, 'I don't remember:' Accused addresses court during Hill murder trial, Here's how Air Force student-pilots train at 15 Wing Moose Jaw, Biden 'confident' he'll win after all votes counted, Canada 'very carefully' monitoring unfolding U.S. election outcome: PM, Motorists face fines for using bus lanes -- even during snowstorms, 'All hands on deck' for Saturday's anti-mask protest: Aylmer, Ont.

It’s exhilarating! I love all the charities and the great work they do, and stand behind them 100%. Edmunds: Where are our self-driving cars? 604-859-7681 As for my friends outside of work, they all also have families and understand the juggling required with a busy schedule. Ha!

A weakened Eta moves on to Honduras with drenching rains, U.S. formally exits Paris pact aiming to curb climate change, World's largest iceberg threatens remote penguin sanctuary, Donald Trump Jr. tweets nonsensical map suggesting Russia, Antarctica is voting Republican, HSBC and The Royal Canadian Legion introduce touchless donation box for Remembrance Day, Virtual testing makes RBC Training Ground more accessible than ever, Trump supporters converge at vote centres in Michigan, Arizona, Congress will have record number of Indigenous representatives, UEFA suspends Qarabag official after Armenia remarks, Multiple members of Canada's ski cross team sick with COVID-19, Wellens wins another Vuelta stage, Roglic keeps his lead. Mar 3, 2018 | Events, Immigrant Integration, News. School is great and I highly recommend getting as much education under your belt. I hope to remain in this industry, but with deeper roots. Once I feel confident about the forecast, I start inputting the information into WSI (a program we use to display the forecast). Sometimes that can take long, depending on the kind of day it’s going to be. The Shoppers Drug Mart store on South Fraser Way (store #2290) was recognized for their inclusive hiring practices and giving career opportunities to immigrants, students and those on disability. Lychee Martini, miso soup, Seared Hamachi Carpaccio, Salmon Oshi Sushi, Albacore and Sockeye Sashimi, Brussels Sprout Chips and Kale Goma-ae.

To work for Global BC was my goal from my first day in school. I’ve been involved with Children’s Wish Foundation for almost two years now. 8:30am – 4:30pm, 2420 Montrose Ave. You get to work with some great graphics, everything is spontaneous, and you are constantly studying and discovering weather patterns. Sign up now for local breaking news alerts Subscribe, Use of this Website assumes acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy, CTV Vancouver... a part of the CTV News Video Network, These are the schools that have reported possible COVID-19 exposures so far, B.C. They are our future. The media world is evolving, and I want to grow with it. police, Middlesex-London records 13 new COVID-19 cases, Stratford outbreak grows, Middlesex-London and surrounding regions in 'Green-Prevent' level of new COVID-19 shutdown system, Three new COVID cases in Greater Sudbury, making six new cases in two days, Armed with a handgun, Sudbury man steals narcotics from Minnow Lake pharmacy, Impaired driver in Blind River drove with no lights on, pulled up on a sidewalk and left vehicle in drive, Waterloo Region could move into yellow level of COVID-19 restrictions, top doctor warns, Region of Waterloo reports 23 new cases of COVID-19, Local residents continue to monitor results of U.S. election, 'An insult to the families:' Sask. I love meeting new people and raising funds for great causes. Some would argue “shopping” should be in there but I categorize that in activities. Sonia reveals she is departing from CTV Morning Live and shares where she is going. Trump sues in 3 states, attacking integrity of voting process, Canada prepared for mass evacuation of citizens in Hong Kong if necessary, With another Florida loss, Democrats begin second guessing, Kanye West appeared to concede defeat in U.S. election, hints at another 2024 run, 'He's a solid human being': Zach Galifianakis wades into Saskatoon politics with mayoral candidate endorsement, U.S. news organizations rebuke Trump on election results claim, First Canadian case of rare swine flu variant reported in central Alberta, A month delay to cancer care might raise death risk: study, 'Another layer of protection': Feds now recommend three-layer masks with filters, Parties agree to fast-track rent relief bill through Commons by week's end, Parliamentary budget officer rebukes Trudeau government over spending secrecy, U.S. election: CEO of AI pollster believes complex ballot issues led to incorrect predictions, 'Liquor stores near me': These Google searches peaked on election night, Five-eyed fossil shrimp is evolutionary 'missing link', Unifor takes battle against Loblaw beyond N.L., where 1,400 workers are on strike, Unifor extends contract talks with General Motors past strike deadline, Statistics Canada says merchandise trade deficit edged up to $3.3B in September, Ford recalls over 375K Explorers to fix suspension problem, Luxury vehicles, booming sales in China boost BMW profits. Local resident, Michael Adkins received the Champion of Diversity award for his four decades of service in promoting inclusion through various initiatives including: hiring newcomers with limited English; promoting gender inclusion in Rotary, and welcoming new Canadian citizens in our community. Since opening in 2017, children with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and other developmental delays have been able to participate in a sport they would normally be excluded from. And that means I can give more.

I’ve been very blessed to have some top broadcasters take me under their wings. The coffee takes me to a different part of the world.

Chris Koch Recommended for you. Wow, so many. Meet etalk’s new reporter Sonia Beeksma | etalk - Duration: 2:48. etalk 708 views. 2:48. It may all sound melodic now, but a lot of fine tuning went into what today is one of the most thriving skincare studios in Vancouver, Touch of Joy. SARA is a feminist organization working with diverse women for the advancement of women. It’s something I still struggle with to this very day. Children’s Wish steps in and, for a short moment, erases all the pain by granting these beautiful little souls their one wish. Find a mentor. I don’t like having too many conversations about what I’m wearing because it’s something that speaks for itself. WofV producer and stylist, Jason Sarai of Style by Sarai, recently interviewed Sonia Beeksma of Global TV for this exclusive in-depth photo editorial. Singer and songwriter Jada Klein and dancer Nadine Langman also performed at the event. It’s also a great way for me to connect with people. The event is organized by Abbotsford Community Services in partnership with the Mission Community Services, Chilliwack Community Services and New Direction English Language School. I would like to be part of a morning show one day and help people start their day on a positive note.

Singer and songwriter Jada Klein and dancer Nadine Langman also performed at the event. Having a Sonia Network. Also, dress for the job you want, always! She hosted a daily live talk show on the French-language TQS television, also open to English-speaking entertainment figures, for five seasons.

Mariah gets all her energy out while we stroll behind her holding hands and drinking our coffee.

It’s great to see how many local organizations are dedicated to consciously working to promote diversity and inclusion. What is a 'circuit breaker' lockdown, and should Canada consider one? Most of my spare time is spent being a mom and a wife – my top two favourite roles. When people turn on their television, I think they expect to see someone polished and professional. Sometimes they both mix, only because I’m truly blessed to have some great “work” friends. Style is not just in clothing and accessories, but how you carry yourself. We love going to water parks, trying new restaurants as a family and the Aquarium. There are a lot of charts observation, studying the satellite imagery, reading different models. The icons and temperatures you see on your television, those are all manually put in. They recognize the systemic nature of oppression and power imbalances in all their forms including class, white-privilege, language, culture, sexual orientation, age, ability, geography, position and others. hello@archway.ca I work there now – mission accomplished. One of my favourite scriptures says, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over.”. Now I’m hungry! Their art exhibition celebrates the importance of immigration and cultural diversity in Canada, and how that ethic makes us stronger as a community and as a country. Sign up for our newsletter to get exclusive content, contests, and perks direct to you. Since 2003, community members have nominated businesses, programs, initiatives, schools and leaders that work towards building an inclusive community within Abbotsford, Mission, Langley and Chilliwack. I am drawn to any charity revolving around little beings and can never turn down an opportunity to give or help raise funds for them. 4:10. With my husband’s support, I ended up going back to school for Broadcasting Performing Arts Program and I have never looked back. car involved in Red Deer hit-and-run: RCMP, IKEA closes after worker tests positive for COVID-19, Ford claims plan that eases COVID-19 restrictions where cases are rising is about 'early intervention', Ontario reports nearly 1,000 new COVID-19 cases, sets new high for seven-day average, Police investigating suspicious death of man in Flemingdon Park, Hydro exports, violence, 'erosion' of debate: what's worrying Quebecers ahead of U.S. decision, Battlegrounds: Biden wins Michigan, Wisconsin; four key states still counting ballots, Des Pins the latest Montreal street to get a makeover, including more trees, Biden wins Michigan, Wisconsin, now on brink of White House, 'This is not simply the flu': Manitoba's top doctor warns of differences between COVID-19 and the flu, Winnipegger now in California concerned over tension, unrest due to U.S. election, 37 new COVID-19 cases in Sask. Once I’m in my uniform, I start to build my weather graphics.