The possibilities are yours to unlock when you add the Hue Hub (sold separately), MAXIMUM SECURITY: Scare away potential package thieves or intruders, Thanks to the large view angle and detection range the outdoor sensor will spot any movement near your smart home, It can directly turn on your outdoor lights to expose intruders while turning on indoor Hue smart bulbs so it looks like you're home, even when you're not, Premium components provides accurate and instant motion detection in both Automation mode and security mode.

I am looking for a simple and INEXPENSIVE way to remotely monitor my outside temp and humidity levels. With its built-in accelerometer, the Multipurpose Sensor can also monitor vibration. I had used Aeon sensor too but I decided to let the meteorologists do their job I am super happy with Netatmo products. His work has been published by iFixit, Lifehacker, Digital Trends, Slashgear, and GottaBeMobile. Here are some clever uses for those sensors that you may not have thought about. I live near a large lake so online weather and weather underground stations tend to be very inaccurate for my house. It’s a very new device, and although it’s available in the UK, it will not be available in the US until March. Within each sensor is an incremental temperature sensor capable of accurately measuring between -10~50°C (14 to 122°F) and reporting temperature changes back to a smart home gateway. Compatible with certified Z-Wave gateways including: Samsung SmartThings, Vera, Zipabox, Open Z-Wave, Homeseer HS3, Domoticz, Isy994i ZW universal controller and more. If you have other smart devices already, then adding a home weather system is the logical next step. Battery not packed with the box. You can even connect a third-party siren/alarm to SmartThings in order to scare off the burglars before they can even take a peek inside. This is all probably pretty much a moot point anyway, since the OP is pretty clearly looking for a temperature/humidity sensor. I still use them, but I don’t know if I’ll replace them if they get damaged or add any new ones. You could put a lock on it, but sometimes that can be difficult to do on some cabinets.

I live in a country with alot of moist. Has there been any updates to this topic of an outdoor gate fence door sensor? At that point, the sensor would be too far away from the hub. Granted, you can do this with most smart thermostats, but if you don’t have one of those, this can be a great option as well.

and up to 180-degree coverage range complemented by three sensitivity settings – low/medium/high – accommodates rooms of every size.

The tags themselves are well below $50, but I think you need a bridge device to get them linked to ST (presumably one bridge for multiple sensors).

I know that my Visonic door sensors that report temp seem to be terrible with respect to accuracy and update interval.

Buy Philips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor at Argos.

SmartThings is a smarthome platform from Samsung that lets you set up sensors and other devices to automate certain tasks and secure your home. How often does the Aotec multisensor update, I have it for 2 minutes, but I have external power to it, not on batteries. I am looking for a simple and INEXPENSIVE way to remotely monitor my outside temp and humidity levels. It should be fine outdoors as long as you don’t get Gale force winds. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. It’s very superficial from the technical standpoint. Buy Sensative Z-Wave Plus Indoor/Outdoor Temperature and Light Sensor Strips Comfort, Works with SmartThings: Home Automation Devices - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases If you wish to use Multisensor 6 outdoors, you will need to lower settings, and angle Multisensor 6 accordingly as all environments will require different solutions or different settings for the motion sensor to work properly. Certified by UL, the product will withstand heavy rainfall and other weather conditions, EASY INSTALLATION: Installed in a matter of minutes, the outdoor motion sensor is easy to mount and is fully wireless. Z-Wave Plus certified. Both the Fibaro Motion Sensor and SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor also monitor temperature, but if you are looking for a device specifically for temperature control, we like the Aeotec … That’s not quite what it means. Check https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/, ebay.com, etc. You can then choose which tags to connect to SmartThings. In most cases one exists. False alarms are minimized by adjusting the sensitivity of the sensor “eye” with Switch.

I’m not sure how any of this relates to a temperature or humidity sensor. 2019 SmartThings Inc. All rights reserved. From there, you can call your neighbors or a friend to help find him. Thanks for answering. What is the best smartthings outdoor motion sensor to buy? That is, it will be recognized as a “thing.” But not necessarily recognized as a motion sensor.

Do you control the Netatmo weather station with SmartThings ? As I said, I’m glad it’s working for you, and it may well work for others depending on the specific placement. Z-Wave Plus certification number: ZC10-18056128.

POWER OPTIONS – Two included CR123A batteries last up to two years and support portable use. You can place motion sensors in their bedroom so that you’ll know that they woke up, and you can even go as far as placing sensors in all the rooms, so if they happened to fall down and aren’t able to get back up, you’ll know about it. SmartThings Motion Sensor (2015) SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor.

I’d be so dissapointed if I spent this much for a sensor that doesn’t meet my needs. Any impressions as to the accuracy? If you were to read the manual you would’ve seen this under outdoor installation: I live near a large lake so online weather and weather underground stations tend to be very inaccurate for my house. Battery life, randomly dropping the wireless connection, randomly saying the door has opened when it hasn’t, etc. However, I plan on complimenting those with around 2 outdoor motion detectors, which can integrate with my SmartThings Hub (v3), and current automations.

And the smartest House (an authorized retailer) confirmed this with Aeotec less than 2 months ago: JAN (THE SMARTEST HOUSE) Also, I could see myself setting up a later project to run my solar pool heater (black tubing/fountain pump) based on pool temp, ambient, sunlight level etc…. If your brand is not listed, (e.g. Mine have continued to work great even after some really heavy rain storms, so that part has been good. Anyhow, I have established that such sensor does not exist, which can replace my current ‘dumb’ sensors outside that connect to the LED security flood lights. Power it with batteries (included) or micro USB (cable + adapter sold separately).

All Rights Reserved. Cao Gadget Kumo Wireless Sensor Tags are exceptionally weatherproof, but will require that you also buy one of their ethernet bridges for each 40 tags. SmartThings hub and https://github.com/digitalgecko/mySmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/digitalgecko/hue-motion-sensor.src/hue-motion-sensor.groovy, The Hue sensor is only IP54 … if you fit it anywhere where water can get too it including rain it will fill with water, IP67 or above is needed for exposed conditions. Motion sensors Connected Things We thank you for your patience and understanding. But again, it depends on the exact conditions. You can place an open/close sensor on your shed’s door or use motion sensor, and whenever it goes off, you can receive a notification. You can connect it, but we don’t yet know if you can use it once it is connected. I liked these for a while, but over time I’ve had more and more problems. So, I’ve searched heavily on this forum, and cannot find any thread in the last 9 - 11 months in regards to this (or my searching skills are very bad, if it exists!). If you beat me to it, do le me know your thoughts! I’ve been using an Iris contact sensor (which reports temperature) to monitor my freezer and it has been working perfectly in continuous near zero degree temperatures; it is still using the same CR2 battery as when first installed (one of the few sensors I own that is still on its original battery, probably over 9 months now). . Monitor activity remotely through your Z-Wave hub (required, sold separately) and automate outdoor lighting based on motion.

With this, you can get notified if the temperature uncharacteristically falls or rises beyond the normal temperature, possibly pointing to a broken furnace or A/C. I’m not looking to install a full blown weather station that reports to weather underground or anything extravagant. It’s not going to fill with water if mounted as directed. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. One lens to see it all: The lens of the outdoor sensor is custom designed to detect movement directly below the sensor – for example when you step out of the door or are at a longer distance it detects you.

THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. She has tried to hide it in the glass cabinet that it lives on top of. Five Year battery Life and discrete design keep it out of sight and out of mind when not on alert. The moisture / water sensor should also work, but I didn’t have one to test.

They all have obvious uses, but you’re probably not taking full advantage of their capabilities, and with just a little creativity you can do some pretty cool things with them. It sometimes goes on sale. Our range is the 1/2 mile competitors claim under ideal conditions. By using an open/close sensor or motion sensor, you can keep track of when something was opened and even receive an alert when it gets opened. Amazon.com: Aeotec Multisensor 6, Z-Wave Plus 6-in1 motion, temperature, humidity, light, UV, vibration sensor: Home Improvement