We reckon Andy is the cruelly ignored classic crooner when compared to his peers like Bing, Frank or Dean. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Famous people called George With St George's Day falling on 23 April, what better time to look at famous Georges throughout history?

"It's a sad day for country music and a great loss for those of us who knew him. If we were to pick one of the iconic jazz crooners above any other, we'd go for Nat King Cole. Just watch the performance above as proof.

The Best NBA Players With No Championship Rings.

If your surname is also George, you very well could be related to some of the well-known people on this list. Birthplace: Modesto, California, USA. 25 questions about famous people called George for your enjoyment. 1pm - 4pm, Sleeping Satellite The Utterly Bizarre Original Ending To Game Of Thrones, Surprising Facts About George RR Martin's Writing Habits. George Jones, country superstar, dies at 81, Why 'The Rock' is endorsing THIS candidate, 'Wheel of Fortune' contestant shocks viewers with wildly incorrect answer, Christina Anstead shuts down parent-shamers claiming she's an 'absent mother': 'Stop choosing sides', Celebs push 'every vote counts' message; meaning of 'true democracy', John Leguizamo bashes Florida 'lemmings' after the state was called for Donald Trump in the 2020 election, Phil Robertson posts prayer for Trump reelection: America is 'at a crossroads', Kathy Griffin reposts controversial Trump head photo. G.R.L. #5 of 29 Republicans Who Are the Best at Reaching Across the Aisle#6 of 14 Family Values: Which GOP Candidates' Families Seem Happy? First published on Tuesday 21 April 2020 — Barbara Mandrell, "If I'm blessed enough to make it there, I look forward to you giving me the grand tour. Their Zodiac sign is ♋Cancer.They are considered the most important person in history born with the first name of George.

Available Formats.

Throughout his career, Elton has always had an impressive range, from a soothing falsetto to a hard-rock roar. They are considered the most important person in history born with the first name of George.

Samantha Brown (born 7 October 1964) is an English singer-songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist, arranger and record producer.. Brown is a ukulele player and was a blue-eyed soul and jazz singer.

Rod has proved that he can perfectly take on everything from big band swing to '80s synthpop to disco to classic rock. — Alan Jackson, "The greatest voice to ever grace country music will never die. While George was known for his wild and crazy days, I've known him for 25 years as a friend. They start off easy but, by George, do they get tougher. Gabz. There have been countless amazing male artists across the decades, but only a handful of them can claim to be truly gifted vocalists. The greatest frontman of all time, also just so happened to possess the greatest male voice of all time. Whether it was belting out 'New York, New York' or drowning his sorrows at a bar, no-one else had a voice like him. And there's a reason for that, Bing's voice was perfect for the early days of radio, and his low and easy-going voice was incredibly soothing.

Another of the famous people with the first name George is George Foreman.

Sir Tom has such a powerful voice, yet manages to control it too.

George Edward Foreman (born January 10, 1949) is an American former professional boxer who... American Public Figures Who Are National Treasures.

Freddie was able to perfectly tackle rock, pop, jazz, opera, soul, folk, you name it. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. — Merle Haggard, "Well, heaven better get ready for some great country music.

He is the lead singer of the pop band Culture Club. He has a fantastic tone to his voice, and similar to Andy Williams before him, makes it incredibly easy and relaxing to listen to. George Walton Lucas Jr. (born May 14, 1944) is an American filmmaker and entrepreneur. — Dolly Parton, "George Jones and I happen to share the same birthday. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, Just add them to the list!

that tend to call the most famous people YouTube stars or Reality TV stars, we've decided to mark fame as a persons importance in history. Sam Cooke was known as the King of Soul for a reason: his distinctive and super smooth voice. He was such a strong and powerful man, but he also made relaxing songs sound so effortless.

George Michael is one of the famous singers named George.

Legal Statement. George Clooney is certainly one of the most famous Georges on this list. How many celebrities named George can you think of? The Best George Strait Albums of All Time, Musicians Who Belong In The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Not many people could come from the world of boybands and then totally take over the pop landscape with your voice. I … See more details here at Amazon. George Harrison. Actor who won an Academy Award for portraying the George from the previous clue: He loved it when a plan came together as Hannibal in the 1980s version of The A-Team: The 41st or 43rd U.S. President: Creator of Wookies, Jedi, and The Force: Classic composer of Messiah, Water Music, and Music for the Royal Fireworks

Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions.

or redistributed. Market data provided by Factset. Gabriel Bruce. The famous Georges below have many different professions, including notable actors named George, famous athletes named George, and even political figures named George.

— Trace Adkins, "Such a sad day ... May you Rest in Peace George Jones." Goodbye George Jones ..." — Blake Shelton via Twitter, "I feel such a personal loss of not only one of the greatest vocal influences of my life, but also I've lost a dear friend.

Singer recorded dozens of hits about good times and regrets.

Michael Jackson had impeccable pitch from a very young age, and that's what made his songs so iconic and timeless. Pages in category "English male singers" The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 1,468 total.

From athletes and actors to musicians and political figures, this list provides images of each famous George along with information about their lives.

Legal Statement. 'The Best George S. Patton Quotes, Birthplace: Bayonne, New Jersey, United States of America, The Utterly Bizarre Original Ending To Game Of ThronesSurprising Facts About George RR Martin's Writing Habits, #94 of 105 The Most Influential Contemporary Americans#10 of 30 Real World Avengers Villains, #10 of 213 The Best White Players in NBA History#10 of 107 The Greatest Lakers of All Time, The Best George Strait Albums of All Time#338 of 363 Musicians Who Belong In The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Birthplace: Saratoga, Texas, United States of America, The Best George Jones Albums of All Time#604 of 753 People We Wish Were Still Alive, #20 of 368 The Best Classical Composers#402 of 1,891 The Greatest Musical Artists of All Time.