[3], The genus Sillago is one of five genera in the family Sillaginidae, itself part of the Percoidea, a suborder of the Perciformes. Common Name Used in Language Type Official Trade Name; Ago-os: Philippines Davawenyo Vernacular No Alisoos: Philippines Cebuano Vernacular No Amborody: Madagascar Malagasy Vernacular No Amborody: Madagascar Malagasy, Sakalava Vernacular No Amboso: Madagascar Malagasy Vernacular No Amboso: Madagascar …

McKay, R.J. (1985): A revision of the fishes of the family Sillaginidae. Sillago is a genus of fish in the family Sillaginidae and the only non-monotypic genus in the family. Minor fisheries exist around various species of Sillago, making them of minor importance in most of their range. # Enter your Registered Mobile (+91xxxxxxxxxx) or Email, This site uses cookies. We specialized in full line of Fresh Seafood Items of Fin Fishes and Shell Fishes in various product forms.We carry a wide range of wild caught natural Fishes including farm raised Shrimps. Tell us little more about your Recreational fishing for them is common, especially in Australia where they are valued as food fish or for live bait for larger species. We are one of the largest Fresh Fish exporters in India, doing business for over 15 years. The genus ranges from the east coast of Africa to Japan in the east and Southern Australia in the south, with most species concentrated around South East Asia, the Indonesian Archipelago and Australia. Estuarine aquaculture in India, Japan and Taiwan has utilized sillagos as an important species and similar trials have been conducted in Australia. FAO Species Catalogue. For more updates – stay connected with Tamil Typing Online. Buy Fish, Seafood in bulk from us for the best quality products and service. McKay further divided Sillago into three subgenera based primarily on the morphology of the swim bladder.[4].

[2] Distinguishing the species can be difficult, with many similar in appearance and colour, forcing the use of swim bladder morphology as a definitive feature.

I love fish,can you give me the names of fish with single bone and not much thorns in English and Tamil and if possible how they look as I find everything to be looking the same.I’ve become or started liking non vegetarian recently.Do you have a receipe of fish gravy which they serve in …

Rome: FAO. n = 177 See Market names.

Our Promises are: Guaranteed Quality, Reliable Delivery Service and the Freshest Tasting Seafood available at competitive prices.

Details:-Common Name: Silver SillagoAlternative Names: Lady Fish; Sand Whiting; Silver Whiting; Sand SmeltScientific Name: Sillago sihamaProcess type: Whole Round; Butterfly FilletsSize range: U20/30; U30/40; U 40/60; U 60/80Packing in trays / finger stacked / In 5 / 10 kgs boxesMethod of Catch: TBB- Beam TrawlsFishing Zone: FAO 051.