We wrote an article on troubleshooting Apple Pencil.

The “Device Timed Out” error in Sidecar can be caused by a wide range of factors, but the first thing you need to check is compatibility. One of the reasons that sidecar may not work is if one is using VPN on their MacBook but not on their iPad, despite being connected to the same WiFi. Using a cable to connect your Mac to your iPad should resolve the “Device Timed Out” error in Sidecar. This website is not affiliated with Apple. will mostly see the undefined errors as thrown by LastHResult like this. Sidecar via USB I first made sure my USB ports were all mapped correctly. Here is how: On your iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset. Your email address will not be published. or "A miscellaneous error occurred (-401)". For some reason it now isn’t working. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Error in this phase is caused again due to improper detection logic. "You can't open the "Sidecar" preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time. Handoff must be turned on your iPad and Mac. However, a Sidecar not working Mac problem became a reality for many right after the release — so if you’re having issues getting your Sidecar to operate properly, this troubleshooting guide is here to help. Your email address will not be published. Here’s What You Can Do, How to Turn Off Automatic Hiding of the Menu Bar in macOS Big Sur 11, How to Remove AssistiveDisplaySearch on Mac, Hover the mouse pointer over your iPad device, then click the. To reestablish this relationship: Since Sidecar uses both WiFi and Bluetooth for connection, an error you might be getting could be related to either of those. If you are using Wi-Fi for your internet connection for your Mac, either turn off Wi-Fi on your iPad or make sure they are on the same network. If the process

Intune also sends down the decryption info to the IME for the client to decrypt and unzip the contents. You can drag windows from your Mac to your ‌iPad‌, and vice versa. If the installer process fails, IME has a retry check of 3 – it tries 3 times to get the app installed if it encounters any failure during an processing cycle. In very rare circumstances, the problem of Sidecar not showing could be related to the incoming connections being blocked by your firewall. As seamless as it is, Sidecar doesn’t start automatically. Navigate to System Preferences ➙ Displays on your Mac.

If it's plugged into my mac at the time of starting sidecar...both screens will flicker black while the ipad remains black and even has the sidecar touch controls; ultimately it closes on the ipad and i get the Error 401 on MacOS. Sidecar also lets you use your Apple Pencil.

Give this a go. The installer Required fields are marked *. She is a longtime Mac and iPhone user and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. Thanks Jeffrey – this was what I needed to do as well. This feature allows Mac users to convert a compatible iPad into a secondary Mac display. Step 2: Forget Your iPad/Mac Bluetooth Connection. At this point, you are most likely to encounter the error The system cannot find the file specified. Although macos catalina can be installed on devices launched by Apple in 2012 (MacBook 2015 or later, MacBook Air 2012 or later, MacBook Pro 2012 or later, Mac mini 2012 or later, iMac 2012 or later, iMac Pro 2017 or later, Mac Pro 2013 or newer), the Sidecar features are available only for newer models. Filed Under: Not working? when I try to use sidecar it shows up message saying "A miscellaneous error occurred (-6709)". The Mac Sidecar Device Timed Out error appears whenever an iPad is trying to connect to a Mac that is running Catalina.

I have googled every imaginable rephrasing of ‘Sidecar isn’t working’, and nothing that has come up has helped. I appreciate you leaving the comment! As can be seen, the I had held down on the green fullscreen button and the option to open Sidecar on my iPad showed up. I am seeing “Unable to Connect to “X’s iPad. If the install is success but the post install detection result is false, it will still report as an error as below. iPad (5th generation) Please try the tips above. Since the feature has been launched not long ago, experiencing bugs and errors is common.