[49] Anees Bazmee's psychological thriller Deewangee was her next release. [12] Matondkar's performance earned her a Nandi Award for Best Supporting Actress. At the age of 6, she started working in films as a child actress. "[46] Planetbollywood.com described Matondkar as: "The star of the show is Urmila who is simply mind blowing in this film. [54], She achieved further critical acclaim for her portrayal of the title role of a girl in a strained relationship with her mother, in Khalid Mohammed's crime drama Tehzeeb (2003). Derek Elley of Variety reviewed the film commenting, "A handsomely shot drama centered on a Hindu woman's travails during the 1947 Partition, "Pinjar" ranks as one of the better Bollywood treatments of this still hot-button issue. Film critic Sukanya Verma has described Matondkar as "a thinking actress who performs spontaneously." [52] Khalid Mohamed wrote, "Matondkar is consistently excellent - controlled and persuasively vulnerable – as the beleaguered wife, evoking your concern and empathy. [58] For her performance, Matondkar received nominations at the Filmfare, Screen, Zee Cine and IIFA ceremonies.

She resides at 93/14, Lokhandwala Road, Andheri West, Mumbai. [18] Upon release, the film received positive reviews from critics. She has given many hit movies with the director.

Urmila Matondkar with the Congress party workers. "[63] Matondkar won her second Bollywood Movie Award for Best Actress. Urmila was earlier addicted to smoking but now she has overcome her habit. [40]

I have never made tall claims. [79][80], Matondkar has been described by critics as one of the most talented actresses in Bollywood. Urmila started her career as an adult actress in 1989 with the Malayalam film “Chanakyan” opposite Kamal Hassan. Tejasswi Prakash Wiki, Bio, Age, Biography, Husband, Family, Height, Networth, Zareen Khan Wiki, Bio, Age, Biography, Husband, Family, Height, Networth, Deri Lorus Wiki, Bio, Age, Biography, Family, Height, Networth, Kareena Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Biography, Age, Husband, Family, Weight, Height, Networth, Poorvi Jain Wiki, Bio, Age, Biography, Husband, Family, Height, Networth, Myrah Dandekar Wiki, Bio, Age, Biography, Family, Height, Networth, 901 Shantanu Chs Ltd St Martin Road Bandra West Mumbai-400050, D.G. In the same year, she also starred alongside Mohanlal in the Malayalam action Thacholi Varghese Chekavar. shivinder singh urmila matondkar.

Taran Adarsh wrote praised her performance and wrote: "...the film clearly belongs to Urmila Matondkar all the way.

Urmila also has an elder brother Kedar Matondkar (Aircraft Maintenance Technician in IAF). I am not quite turning into a serious actress. She made her debut as a child artist with Shyam Benegal’s “Kalyug” (1980) and followed it by featuring in the films “Masoom… To state that she is excellent would be doing gross injustice to her work.

I guess I have been daring and lucky with my roles. Urmila Matondkar made her film debut as a child artist in Marathi film Zaakol (1980). She joined the Indian National Congress on 27 March 2019 and contested from Mumbai North constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha Election.

In 1993, Matondkar appeared in Shreemaan Aashique opposite Rishi Kapoor and Bedardi opposite Ajay Devgn— both these films failed critically and commercially. Matondkar joined the Indian National Congress on 27 March 2019 and contested from Mumbai North constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha Election, but lost. Her first Telugu film came with the action-crime Antham, and its Hindi bilingual Drohi opposite Akkineni Nagarjuna. I would say that I have never felt more of a cinematic high than when I watched her through my camera on the sets of Rangeela. [3], In 2003, following the success of Bhoot, Pinjar and Tehzeeb, Matondkar featured in Rediff's annual Top Bollywood actresses listing. In 2011, she co-judged Colors' dance reality show Chak Dhoom Dhoom, along with Javed Jaffrey and Terence Lewis[65] and in 2012, she featured as one of the jury of Zee Marathi's Dance Maharashtra Dance, where the dancers from Maharashtra demonstrated their dancing prowess through different dance forms. Urmila Matondkar made her film debut as a child artist in Marathi film Zaakol (1980). Urmila gets paid around ₹1-2 crore per film. I want to be a fair combination of style and substance.

Her father Shivinder Singh is a lecturer while her mother Rukshana Sultana is a homemaker. She portrays Purva with a mild aggressive and rebellious streak. She's the major triumph of Bhoot actually".

The film became successful at the box office with gross earnings of ₹224 million (US$3.1 million).

Her career-best performance, she oozes intensity, love, hate, relentlessness and obsessive behaviour with perfection.

But I am quite sure the names of her parents mentioned in this article are actually the names of the parents of the actress Amrita Singh. Co-starring Ajay Devgan and Akshaye Khanna, the film was well received by critics and was moderately successful at the box office. Her net worth is estimated to be $20 million. Urmila’s elder sister Mamta Matondkar is also an actress. Her scenes with Durga can easily be singled out, for they have been shot with brilliance. Urmila Matondkar joined the Indian National Congress on 27 March 2019 and contested from Mumbai North constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha Election, but lost. She did her schooling from Mumbai and went to Pune University, Pune to pursue her graduation in arts (philosophy). The film underperformed at the box office, with a grossing of ₹182 million (US$2.6 million).[44]. Her hobbies include reading, acting, and travelling. [78], Matondkar married Kashmir based businessman and model Mohsin Akhtar Mir on 3 March 2016. [65], Matondkar made her Marathi film debut with Ajoba in 2014. Urmila Matondkar married Kashmir based businessman and model Mohsin Akhtar Mir on 3 March 2016. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.She did her schooling from Mumbai and went to Pune University, Pune to pursue her graduation in arts (philosophy).