$89.99 $ 89. Selling due to upgrade to heavier gear to target pelagic fish. Save with MyShopping.com.au! Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 14. This six-foot light-fast rod pairs well with the Shimano Sedona FI in a 2500 size and is a very affordable combination. You can click here and see a video we found of someone trying to break the Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 to no avail. Split butt design helps reduce overall weight and the use of cork gives it the premium finish. I managed to land 3 or 4 nice 2lb ish smallmouths in the first 20 minutes, then the topwater bite slowed.

This improvement allows anglers to throw larger baits and chase bigger fish.

The number following the XT (XT100), denotes the quality of carbon fibre used.

Due to the effect of DIAFLASH it becomes possible to convey the pulling power of the angler to the target fish while minimizing the loss of energy by flexing of the butt section. The Okuma Avenger ABF model also comes with a switch that allows you to put the reel into bait feeding mode. A very good quality entry level freshwater reel that can be used sparingly in saltwater, Strong and durable Hagane gearing that will last years, G Free body design allows you to fosh all day long, Hagane gearing provides maximum flexibility in terms of fishing applications, Smooth performance and retrieval every time. XT Carbon is used throughout the Shimano rod range. Check out the complete Daiwa Exceler LT review here! You, of course, get the G-free body, the Hagane gear system, and the Shimano name. The Okuma Avenger ABF model also comes with a switch that allows you to put the reel into bait feeding mode. Now that you understand everything you need to know about the Sedona FI, it’s time to take a look at some other options.

This reel is awesome for anglers on all types of budgets, but particularly a lower budget. We respect the Shimano brand and highly recommend this reel. When getting a strike, I can honestly say that I think the G-Free body does make a difference in the sensitivity.

Shimano Impact Nano XT Fishing Rod - Model 763 Nibble tip for - Compare prices of 47000 products in Fishing Gear from 108 Online Stores in Australia. Having these types of options allows anglers to choose just the right sized reel for the species of fish they are targeting. Something that really stands out to us about this reel is how they were able to pack so many incredible features into a reel while still keeping the price affordable. DIAFLASH is a reinforced structure that prevents twisting of the butt section in situations where high-intensity is applied, for example during casting and fighting with fish. I was able to get a combination of both small and largemouths using the worm in the rockpile. Here we have a less expensive reel with the Okuma Avenger.

Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. Never been used, still has tags on them. The numbers in the model refer to the diameter of the spool. This combination of rod and reel is nearly an indestructible duo that is very lightweight and perfect for targeting bass, trout and panfish. Fully equipped with Fuji K guides and SiC guides at the tip, this rod offers incredible sensitivity to the angler. The 5000 model weighs only 10.6 ounces, but it still offers 24 pounds of max drag.

The Sedona FI’s enhanced spool design features Shimano’s Propulsion Line Management System for increased casting distance. Overall, I was super happy with the performance of this sub $75 reel. Welcome to the Shimano official corporate website. The reel is smooth and high performing, but it doesn’t compare to the Sedona FI in overall quality of construction.

Required fields are marked *. The incorporation of HAGANE cold-forging technology into the Sedona FI gives it a step up from other reels in its class and provides long-lasting smoothness and durability for assured resilience even after countless battles with your target species. If you’re fishing inshore situations or deep freshwater, you will most likely want to go for a 4000-8000 model. Our Shimano® Sedona® FI/Cabela's® Fish Eagle Spinning Combo offers proven top-line performance in every phase of the game, at just over half the separate purchase price! There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Welcome to the Shimano official corporate website. With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. The benefits and upgrades continue with the propulsion line management system. The G-Free body shifts the reel’s center of gravity closer to the rod, translating to less fatigue during long days on the water as well as enhanced casting or jigging comfort. Hi all, I have 3x Brand New Shimano Sedona XT 763 Nibble tip rod for sale. Spooled with mono backing and ~80 yd sufix 832. . Barely used.

It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.

For the angler looking for the finesse touch, this rod is for you. Let’s start by talking about one of the most significant upgrades made to this reel. First things first — if you’re sitting back wondering if there’s a reel on the market that combines exceptional top-of-the-line features with a low price, you’ve found it. As the morning sun started to warm, I moved around the corner to where there is a nice dropoff from a granite outcropping to a nice deep spot. whiting combo - shimano ax 2500 / aqua tip 702 estuary. THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES TO IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE. This process improves comfort for the angler and allows them to fish more extended periods of time, free from fatigue. The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. The double anodizing plays an important part in protecting the spool from corrosion. Power Handle All Other Models – The power handle increases in size and comfort to allow you to handle larger fish on the larger reel models. This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.

Everything works. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. Shimano uses the best technology to provide you with a long-lasting and smooth retrieval every time. Please double check the product specifications on the packaging prior to making your purchase. The 8000 model incorporates Shimano’s tougher Cross Carbon Drag to stand up to the rigorous pressure when battling large game fish. The new SEDONA spinning series is developed with versatility in mind. Where different types of carbon are combined to create the required action both numbers will be shown (XT60/40). The series consist of a blend of fast-action and moderate-action rods that are perfectly fitted for the modern lure angler. Then I switched to a Zoom Super Salt Plus Worm in Natural Blue. With its just-added high-end features, the popular Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel is now lighter, stronger, faster, and more durable than ever before. The Sedona FI is available in sizes from 500 to 8000. © 2017-2020 Salted Angler Holdings, LLC - All Rights Reserved. Your email address will not be published. This six-foot light-fast rod pairs well with the Shimano Sedona FI in a 2500 size and is a very affordable combination. For some reason the Sedona FI 6000 drops down to 22 lbs of drag but it also drops the gearing ratio from a 6.2:1 found in the 2500-5000 sizes down to a 4.6:1 ratio allowing for easier retrieval of larger fish. The new and improved Sedona FI is here to impress you both on the water and in your wallet. 99.

When you put these two together, you have an incredibly comfortable rod and reel combination that not only feels great in your hands, but it offers maximum performance as well. Anyway, I decided to head out to one of my favorite little lakes and target some bass. I got out on the water early in the AM and I started out casting a small Livetarget Hollow Body Frog up around the weed and lilypads. The Shimano Sedona FI is an all-around winner and is available HERE. View Shimano’s manufacturing technologies, enthusiasm for design and craftsmanship, IR information, recruitment information, and social activities. Due to Shimano’s constant product development, product specifications may vary from those shown on this website. Having a Varispeed Oscillation with an oval oscillation gear alters the speed of oscillation to produce a consistent pace, and ultimately an even line lay on the spool which plays a part in reducing wind knots and provides for better casting. The new system allows anglers more flexibility with the type of fish they want to catch.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. They’ve also changed their original STD rotor to an improved Magnumlite rotor which provides you with lighter startup inertia and rotation. Normal oscillation systems continuously rotate in a way that allows your line to stack inconsistently on the spool. The Shimano Sedona FI has model sizes ranging from 500 to 8000. The result is assured resilience. The Teramar XX rods incorporate Shimano’s proprietary Spiral X and Hi-Power X technologies to enhance power transmission through the rod blank for increased casting distance and lifting power as well as reduced blank twist during tough battles. In our testing of the reel, we can atest to the fact that the line does seem to just flow off of the spool effortlessly. Check out the complete Okuma Avenger review here! I was able to cast the worm easily to the edge of the outcropping and then let the worm just sink into the depths.