HD hardware is required for HD programming. Download the BlueCurve Home app, Discover the power to unite all your devices. My first impression...faulty HDMI connections. I have always had a good picture over IPTV using my AppleTV. Regular rates apply after promotional period and are subject to change. Other offers may be available. Item has been added to your cart. The BlueCurve Gateway is Shaw's first DOCSIS 3.1 gateway, paving the way for future speed and network capacity requirements.

Laptops. Have you checked each tv/box to make sure the video is set correctly? Did the same with a hitron and some unifi APs. However, there's simply not the same crispness of picture (if you have a good TV you will notice the picture is like comparing a poor TV's 720p quality (B Curve)  to a great TV's 4k in the gateway...and often actually worse!) 32 Certain BlueCurve features are only available in select regions. I am not getting pixellation or other issues reported here, system is working fine, and internet signal strength is excellent.

32 Certain BlueCurve features are only available in select regions. Download the free Shaw BlueCurve Home app (Apple App Store or Google Play) and sign in with your Shaw ID username and password. Welcome to Shaw. Internet and TV agreements require a minimum service level of Total TV and Internet 25 over the term of the agreement. Price shown does not include tax. Visit internet.shaw.ca/ and sign in with your Shaw ID username and password. Not all Shaw packages, services and hardware are available in all regions.

Alternatively, you can login to the Gateway via the Admin Tool to change settings that way. If you have signed an Internet and TV 2-year ValuePlan, you are required to maintain a minimum level of service of Internet 25 and Total TV in order to keep your 2-year ValuePlan agreement and retain your ValuePlan discount. Channel and Theme Pack availability vary by market. 32 Certain BlueCurve features are only available in select regions. Twenty five years with Shaw, days and hours of headaches and life lost to holding on calls, and I still can't get a system in my home's that is THOUGHT OUT and delivers proper functionality! >I'm wondering if I can live with this for it's features when Gateway system is FAR superior for quality. Shaw offers a wired 4K version of the Blue Curve boxes if you aren’t happy with the Xi6 wireless boxes. Be aware that you can’t bridge the blue curve modem if have the wireless blue curve boxes. Each Internet plan will receive a free ongoing modem rental, model type will depend on the level of service. Telus has a plan right now PureFibre Gigabit Internet ( 940 Mbps download/ 940 Mbps upload), for $99/ mos on a 2yr term. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. What I’m curious about is if this is even worth it? HDMI30D6FPETH. Something went wrong and we couldn't check your service area. 28 Shaw BlueCurve Gateway includes an 8x8 antenna configuration supporting a maximum theoretical throughput of 8.6Gbps compared to Telus Boost Wi-Fi which includes a 4x4 antenna configuration capable of a maximum theoretical throughput of 1.7Gbps. Possible features include, but are not limited to, the BlueCurve Home App and the ability to pause WiFi on devices, the BlueCurve TV voice remote, wireless set-top box, additional IP channels, and the ability to download recordings to go. Even better, flash to Merlin and add AMTM; then you can enable Diversion network-wide ad-blocking and so many other great features and functions. Upon downgrading, customers may be put on to a new plan that does not include the rental modem charge and a monthly rental fee may apply ranging from $4-$10 per month. that we had with Gateway, and also the colours are NOT the same and off (tint is screwed up, colours don't "pop" as before and the tint effect changes from channel to channel so you can't adjust for it!). Smart lighting. Manage screen time. > Switched to BCurve from Gateway, and though I like the feature set of the wireless 4k boxes, the picture quality is NOT the same at all. Model type may vary and is subject to inventory levels. Internet only agreements require a minimum service level of Internet 25 over the term of the agreement. Ultra-reliable. Name the 2.4G slightly differently to separate them (such as adding 2.4 to the end of the name).

I’ve been having some drops in wifi connections downstairs in my home, and figured I can just put the Gateway in Bridge and add a new router. I am using the Xi6 boxes and before that the BlueSky boxes last year.

Problem solved. TV boxes are connected by cable. Switched to BCurve from Gateway, and though I like the feature set of the wireless 4k boxes, the picture quality is NOT the same at all. They should be part No. >Almost like what happened when you turned contrast down or picture quality down on old TV's and got a less vivid/dull/hazy picture. The tech pushed out an overnight update which required a restart in the morning. I had performance issues with the blue curve so I ended up bridging it and buying an ASUS A86U router. 28 Shaw BlueCurve Gateway includes an 8x8 antenna configuration supporting a maximum theoretical throughput of 8.6Gbps compared to Telus Boost Wi-Fi which includes a 4x4 antenna configuration capable of a maximum theoretical throughput of 1.7Gbps. We do provide services in your area. Gateway Admin Tool. BlueCurve Network Security effortlessly monitors and blocks remote access attempts, malware and dangerous links—all managed through your smartphone.

44 Network Security availability varies by region. As a new customer, you may see different prices, terms and promotions unavailable to existing customers. Not all customers will qualify.

Blue curve Xi6 picture quality vs. Gateway. Please try again or contact Support. The home network management, content filtering, parental controls, Internet/WiFi access controls, network security, and other related network management tools included in BlueCurve Network Security are not guaranteed and may experience disruption, inaccurate or inconsistent results, and other limitations impacting performance. Pause WiFi? Maximum download speed for a single hardwired device connection is 940 Mbps. I was just chatting with a Shaw agent asking if … We do provide services in your area. The Gateway automatically handles your WiFi settings for optimal performance on all devices in your home. You can bridge after the Bluecurve boxes are on the network. Not necessarily. While there is no cable TV service in your area, you can still sign up for satellite TV. 6 This WiFi modem offer involves a free monthly rental included for the modem type listed by plan. Network Security is only available to customers with a Shaw BlueCurve Gateway modem. Need to extend your network? Even with all your devices connected, your network can handle it all. Billing will commence at time of shipment. Price shown does not include tax.

@DXER it certainly depends on what your current plan is.Base on what you are saying, Blue Curve Total TV on a 2-year Value Plan will better suit your needs.

Smart phones. 9 Connection speeds may vary based on modem equipment, client device capability, building wiring, internet traffic and environmental conditions. Otherwise, a monthly rental fee of $5 per month per BlueCurve TV Player will apply. I have found the picture to be of the same if not better quality as previous platforms. Pods are only available to customers with a Shaw BlueCurve Gateway modem. Shaw Phone services may be added or removed at any time outside of the 2-year ValuePlan.

SHOWTIME and related logos are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., used under license. I am not getting pixellation or other issues reported here, system is working fine, and internet signal strength is excellent. That interface was difficult to see and the harddrive kept losing recordings. I also am happy with my AC86U. > Really frustrating as I just want to be done with setting up my Shaw system. Bring together high-speed Internet plus the best entertainment, including up to 300 Mbps downloads, 10 antennas (2 for 2.4 GHz and 8 for 5 Ghz), 1 Introductory offers apply to new customers only. Blue and White head with silver connector tips. You shouldn’t be compromising picture quality. However, there's simply not the same crispness of picture (if you have a good TV you will notice the picture is like comparing a poor TV's 720p quality (B Curve)  to a great TV's 4k in the gateway...and often actually worse!) The equipment you rent or purchase may be new or refurbished. For official Shaw support, please visit https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/, Press J to jump to the feed. Additional wired or wireless device connections are required to reach maximum download speeds of up to 1Gbps or 1.5Gbps (i.e. Feel the speed of our Fibre+ network with up to 300 Mbps downloads9, 15 Mbps uploads9 and unlimited data. New customers must not have subscribed to the selected Shaw service (Internet, TV or Phone) or bundle in the past 90 days. You may not resell any Shaw services. I am there with you there...living on the bleeding edge does take some work. The BlueCurve Gateway is a powerful modem and router combo that makes it easy for everyone at home to have the ultra-fast speeds they need for a truly connected life. Except the early Gateway product. Twenty five years with Shaw, days and hours of headaches and life lost to holding on calls, and I still can't get a system in my home's that is THOUGHT OUT and delivers proper functionality! Set up profiles and assign devices. I’ve been much happier. The modem you receive may be new or refurbished. Ultra-secure. You might be happy with the results.

2 or 3 x devices concurrently running at 500 Mbps each). I am not getting pixellation or other issues reported here, system is working fine, and internet signal strength is excellent. Savings are based on the regular rate. This free monthly modem rental offer applies to new customers only, who must not have subscribed to the selected Shaw service or bundle in the past 90 days. You may not resell any Shaw services. The BlueCurve Home app. I'm sure Shaw's WiFi PODS and mesh network are a 'Cadillac', but for my purposes - supporting a single Blink XT2 WiFi security camera in my detached garage, about 70 feet from the Shaw BlueCurve WiFi gateway - I'm happy with my 'Hyundai'.

But for the most part I have always been happy with the newest versions and platforms Shaw puts out.