Abyssal[2]

Homeland(s) as well as slowly and meticulously mold sculptures out of darkness. A greater shadow’s touch deals 1d8 points of Strength damage to a living creature. Chaotic evil You can issue orders to the shadow demon, and it obeys you as long as it can attack a creature on each of its turns and does not start its turn in an area of bright light. Chasme. Based on the above, I would say you are best to steer away from SotDL as well. Bright light harries this fiend and shows its distinct shape, resolving it from a blur of darkness to a winged humanoid creature whose lower body trails off into nothing, and whose claws rend a victim’s mind. I don't find 5e rules heavy, but rather "rules crappy." If you consider D&D5e to be too rules heavy, then you are likely to find Shadow of the Demon Lord the same. Wiki Le Monde des Royaumes Oubliés (French), Creatures with an 8 challenge rating (3e), https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_demon?oldid=543085.

Size Notify administrators if there is objectionable content in this page. 3/day— Shadow Conjuration (Dc 18), Shadow Evocation (Dc 19) General Wikidot.com documentation and help section. Orthax is a shadow demon who makes vengeance pacts. MM p64. And if you've played the Akuma version of SoDTL I'd love to get your impressions. CR8: Hezrou, Shoosuva. Shout outs: Stacey, John Patrick Callahan Jr, Gordon Alexander Fallon, and Max Puplett.

Challenge rating Wikidot.com Terms of Service - what you can, what you should not etc.

Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By using a higher level spell slot, you can increase the CR of the summoned demon by 1 for every slot level higher.

If the process failed the shadow demon risked being temporarily stunned by the attempt. Thanks to Shannon Appelcline for providing historical information regarding his life.

They were also known to cooperate with the deathpriests of Orcus. Challenge rating Always chaotic evil

I haven't looked under CR5, but let me know if I missed anything good. Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour. Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) Monsters. Shadow Demon is a menacing ranged intelligence hero who is most powerful in the early game for his strong set of spells. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object. He will be deeply missed.

Traits Amorphous: The shadow can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.

As an NPC, it is played by Matthew Mercer. [b]Claws. Hit: 10 ([2d6+3]) psychic damage or, if the demon had advantage on the attack roll, 17 ([4d6+3]) psychic damage. Demon Please review the TOS and Privacy Policy. Size You must log in or register to reply here. Being incorporeal, they could phase through walls and other mundane barriers with ease and struck their targets when and where they least expected them to appear.

A contributor to the original Players Handbook and Dungeon Masters Guide, the president of the International Federation of Wargamers, author of three modules set in the Greyhawk world, and ongoing columnist in Dragon magazine, Len was one of the founders of the hobby that we enjoy today. Unlike many demons, Shadow demons are Incorporeal. View/set parent page (used for creating breadcrumbs and structured layout).

Their contribution stands as a beacon of hope for all adventurers! Outsider

This can make remembering how many boons/banes you get or how many extra damage dice a bit painful.

Size All rights reserved. [/b] The demon can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain.

1e However, I know they also put out a version of it for Shadow of the Demon Lord. I would add that generally it is the players who have to account for their characters advances, spreading any burden of play among all gathered. You can issue orders to the shadow demon, and it obeys you as long as it can attack a creature on each of its turns and does not start its turn in an area of bright light. 4th Edition Statistics[2] Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. While in bright light, the demon has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Shadow dragons were often mistaken for black dragons, but their horns pointed backwards. A chasme lives to dole out torture as punishment, and has a knack for spotting demons that have deserted their lords.

Alignment These beings included evil dragons, wicked mortal rulers, influential demonologists, demon lords, nightwalkers, and other dark powers who the shadow demons served well and effectively.

They prompted these beings towards acts of great and destructive evil, especially the killing of evil mortals, and took their masters' souls when they died whenever possible. So I'm thinking about both trying it and picking up the Akuma stuff. It has all the things you mentioned ( conditions, exceptions, feats) and though slightly lighter, the main focus is streamlining and improving those various options not reducing them. 2nd Edition Statistics[4] At Will— Deeper Darkness, Fear (Dc 18), Greater Teleport (Self Only), Telekinesis (Dc 19) I've played SoDTL and would say, yeah, it's fairly rules light. View wiki source for this page without editing. When a demon’s body is destroyed but the fiend is prevented from reforming in the Abyss, its essence sometimes takes on a vague physical form. Find out what you can do. Shadow demon Chaotic evil The demon automatically succeeds on the check if it is more than 100 feet away from you.