I want to make this right now! Mashed potatoes would make such a great pairing :). My dish is in the oven, hope it tastes as good as it sounds. • 500 grams of flour (Fall is coming and it turns out for the first time ever I actually miss meatloaf ;P) Glad to hear about the taco filling idea too! 1 pint cottage cheese And Andrea, I actually do have a card. I’m sure glad I doubled the recipe! I made this the other day and it’s super tasty! I would like to eat more plant base. Delicious!

Try it sometime and tell us how it and the loaf turns out for u! Thank you for trying it out :). I went to Grand ledge Academy in michigan in the 60’s and the cafeteria had a mushroom loaf that was really good. 3 envelopes G. Washington broth powder (both dark and light) Hope this helps! Could you freeze the entire loaf for later?

Or is it still savory? Lunch today was this loaf and it was soooo good I just had to ask about the recipe.

I would add some additional beef seasoning to punch up the flavor in that case. Mmmm!! I’ve only cooked with lentils once, but it yielded great results. Stir in all of the veggie mixture until combined. Ingredients: are primarily grown commercially in Turkey, Canada, China and Syria. (Ore just kept in the fridge). It was wonderful and the glaze was amazing. I had to modify some of the ingredients for what I had on hand, but this recipe is awesome! 2 ½ cups (about 1 medium) finely diced sweet potato, 1 Thai red chili finely diced or 1 tsp cayenne pepper. With these tweaks I’ve been able to cut the prep time to about an hour. I don’t eat pork because I’m Jewish. I\’ve been eating Special K Loaf since I was a little girl. Lots of mention of something called Haystacks, I really appreciate your time and testing of this great loaf!! Add the oil into a large skillet, and increase the heat to medium.

I see a few websites that vary in their opinion. Non-Adventists reading this might be thinking, “What?! 6 eggs beaten Thanks for the amazing recipe. Quick question….in the ingredients section you say to use dry lentils. Recipe Notes: To cook lentils from scratch, start with 3/4 cup dry lentils and cover it with 2 1/2 cups of water. Congratulations, Elizabeth! • Add chickpeas, herbs, and paprika. :) Hope this helps! My mom used to put fry chick pieces in hers… I am gonna try tofurky slices cut up….

Hope it turns out well! Add the red pepper flakes, if using. I’m so happy to hear that :), Could you food process the ingredients a little bit so there aren’t whole lentils? I’m not a big fan of the typical meatloaf/ lentil loaf/ nut loaf glaze….I don’t really like the BBQ ish taste. Hi Clancy, I haven’t tried this recipe with cashews, so I’m really not sure!

:) And my mom is modest. 7. The flavor is just right, like distilled Thanksgiving, and would have been even more magical if I had not forgotten to shop for cranberries. They may be sold whole or split into halves. My ex in-laws are SDA and we have this for every Holiday. I’m confused about that flax egg. Hi Angela! Always looking for a good vegan “meatloaf” recipe. I hope this helps and goodluck to you! Cook until diced onion is translucent and tender. Lentil loaf is my faaave!! Press all of the lentil loaf mixture into the prepared loaf pan.

For my husband I left out the lentils and added ground meat for him. It is such a handy snack, and I find as vegans it is hard sometimes to have grab and go food, we can’t just slap a sandwich together, these little cupcakes are a full meal in a couple bites! And I love how you don’t let things go to waste just because they aren’t blog worthy :).