The two are said to have led a contented married life, despite their political differences. [313] One account describes her as “dressed in a semi-masculine riding habit of tartan trimmed with lace, with a blue bonnet on her head and pistols a her saddle-bow, kindling enthusiasm for the Prince’s cause wherever she went”. Badge: pine (Scots fir), or cranberry[35], Motto: TOUCH NOT A CATT BOT A TARGE. Canine Chart | Vaccinations [301] [from Latin: "By faith and fortitude"]. Donald is a major Scottish clan names.) [236] [200] [from Latin: "I will never forget"]. While all the crest badges of the clan names listed are recognised by the Lord Lyon King of Arms, only about one half of these (about 140) have a clan chief who is acknowledged by the Lord Lyon King of Arms as the rightful claimant of the undifferenced arms upon which the crest badges are based.

[320] & Nutrition | Snake Bites & Vitamin C | [206] [from Latin: "Brave and faithful"]. [30] [from Latin: "He who leads"]. [37] [from Latin: "Not having followed mean pursuits"]. [199] [from Latin: "Through difficulties"]. [303], Motto: SI DEUS QUIS CONTRA. Badge: oak[35] or Thistle[citation needed], Motto: NON TIMEO SED CAVEO. [10], Motto: LAUS DEO. [90] ["In readiness"]. [126] [from Latin: Either peace or war"]. The woman, pointing to the lower part of her stomach, said ‘from marks here. [65], Motto: TUTUM TE ROBORE REDDAM. [37], Motto: CLARIOR HINC HONOS. Liath Luachra, two characters of the same name in the Fenian Cycle.

[297], Motto: HAZARD YET FORWARD ON

[170] [from Latin: "I open locked hearts"]. [245] 1. [201] [from Latin: "With a strong hand"]. [287]

I am a maried [sic] woman and the mother of nine children and I ought to know.’, Scotsman Food & Drink: ideas, inspiration and guides, This website and its associated newspaper are members of Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Badge: boxwood, or red whortleberry[35], Motto: PER MARE PER TERRAS. [57] A mythical warrior queen from Skye whose marital arts skills and battle yells were in hot demand around 200 BC. [232], Motto: SINE FINE. [57] [from Latin: "I am fierce with the fierce"]. [133], Motto: SERVA JUGUM.

[188] [from Latin: "To conquer or die"]. [30], Motto: CONFIDO. Badge: cranberry or cloudberry[35], Motto: PRO REGE. [242], Motto: VI ET ANIMO ["By strength and courage"], Motto: DENIQUE COELUM.

Sir Norman Murray Archibald MacGregor Pringle of that Ilk and Stichill, 10th Baronet, Richard Walter John Montagu-Douglas-Scott, List of ancient Celtic peoples and tribes, "Site Record for Dolphiston Castle Details Details", SIR JOHN CHRISTOPHER FOGGO MONTGOMERY CUNNINGHAME of KILMAURS, Baronet of Corsehill, "The Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs Requirements for Recognition", "Obituary: David Irvine of Drum, chief who helped end a centuries-old clan feud", "Chief or Representative | The Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs", Clan MacGillivray Association of Canada wished Iain MacGillivray well as Clan Commander, "International Association of Clan MacInnes", "Clan MacTavish Press Release, New Arms For MacTavish Chief", "Robertson Clan Crest, Virtutis Gloria Merces Motto, Family History and Gifts", Clan Rutherford | ScotClans | Scottish Clans, "Turnbull Clan, Crest, Motto and History", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Scottish_clans&oldid=985666298, Lists of modern Indo-European tribes and clans, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with unsourced statements from November 2008, Articles with unsourced statements from February 2014, Articles with unsourced statements from April 2009, Articles lacking reliable references from February 2011, Articles to be expanded from January 2018, Articles with empty sections from January 2018, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Part of the Clan Chattan Federation. [190], Motto: THIS I'LL DEFEND[192] A five-month stand off at the East Lothian pile was to follow. Badge: wild whortleberry[35], Motto: PATIENTIA VINCIT ["Patience conquers"], Motto: FEROS FERIO. Health | [108] [From Latin: "A repairer of ruin"]. In most cases, both crest and motto are derived from the crest and motto of the chief's coat of arms. [155] Badge: white heather,[35] boxwood or red whortleberry[63], Motto: CONSTANT AND FAITHFUL. Badge: cotton grass[35], Motto: DOMINUS DEDIT. [103] Donald is a major Scottish clan names. Additionally, the Lowland and Highland areas have different names, depending on the regions. [260], Motto: GENEROSITATE.