(2005 - 2006), American Institute of Indian Studies Senior Short Term Research Fellowship (declined in favor of Fulbright-Hays)

Rev.

Ed. "Review." Lamb, Sarah. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.

Journal of Anthropological Research vol.

Lamb, Sarah. So let's see. Toward a Critical Anthropology of Successful Aging." of Ordinary Medicine: Extraordinary Treatments, Longer Lives, and where to Draw the Line, by Sharon R. Kaufman. History of Religions vol. New Delhi: Sage, 2007. Lamb, Sarah. Contributions to Indian Sociology 33. 1st ed.

Transitions and Transformations, Rethinking the Generation Gap: Age and Agency in Middle-Class Kolkata, Critical Investigations of Age and Aging in the United States, Aging across worlds: Modern seniors in an indian diaspora, Cultural and Moral Values Surrounding Care and (In)Dependence in Late Life: Reflections From India in an Era of Global Modernity, Intimacy in a Transnational Era: The Remaking of Aging among Indian Americans, White Saris and Sweet Mangoes: Aging, Gender and Body in North India, Aging, gender and widowhood: Perspectives from rural West Bengal, The Making and Unmaking of Persons: Notes on Aging and Gender in North India, The Beggared Mother: Older Women's Narratives in West Bengal, LIVES OUTSIDE THE FAMILY: GENDER AND THE RISE OF ELDERLY RESIDENCES IN INDIA, Growing in the net of Maya : persons, gender and life processes in a Bengali society /, Critical Anthropology of Successful Aging. Isabelle Clark-Deces. Ed.

Sarah Lamb: So these are just some of the exciting things you could do if you come to Brandeis.

And I'm here to just tell you a little bit about how much I love the program and why I would love to welcome you to WGS at Brandeis. 132-163. (1997 - 1998), Marc Galler Prize for finest doctoral dissertation, Division of Social Sciences, University of Chicago Although widowhood in India has grabbed the attention of scholars and social reformers for a good century now,1the focus of this attention has been (usually without explicitly acknowledg ing it) on women widowed at a relatively young age.

4th ed. Mehta, Kalyani and Amarjit Singh. The Cultural Context of Aging: World-wide Perspectives. For the second edition of this popular textbook, readings have been updated and new essays added. Lamb, Sarah. 2nd ed. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2020. "Critical Investigations of Age and Aging in the United States." "Review." I had a student this year working with me. "Review." Mothers raise their children with such effort and pain.

South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies vol. 500-516. Lamb, Sarah. Lamb, Sarah. It explores life stories told by older women in West Bengal, India, focusing on one told by a childless widow.

These trends are related to extensive overseas migration and the transnational dispersal of families. Ed. So you could take classes on everything from focusing on women and gender inequality, you could look at LGBTQIA activism, you could look at histories of sexuality, you could focus on other areas in the world, you could look at masculinity. The popular and scholarly generation gap idiom implies that social change is instigated by the young while the old remain fixed in time and culture.

Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2005. I might've forgotten to mention my name. "Beyond the View of the West: Ageing and Anthropology." I'm also a professor in anthropology, and I specialize in India, and the US. "Review." I might've forgotten to mention my name. 35 of 1-2 2014: 59-60. Sorry, you need to be a researcher to join ResearchGate. "Love and Aging in Bengali Families."

This article looks at life stories, not just as tales about the past but as creative acts of self-making and culture making. "The Making and Unmaking of Persons: Notes on Aging and Gender in North India." "Old-Age Homes, Love, and Other New Cultures of Aging in Middle-Class India."

Routledge, 2016.

Ed.

(2004): 45-61. Heidelberg Studies on Transculturality Special edition on “Caring for Old Age". 171-180. Toward a critical anthropology of successful aging. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 2010. 2005. And she's publishing part of it, coauthored with another faculty member. Lamb,Sarah. Ed. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2000. Sarah Lamb. "Ways of Aging." 230-242. So if you come to Brandeis, I promise I'll let you meet my two dogs and play with them. Lamb, Sarah. So these are just some of the exciting things you could do if you come to Brandeis. It's Sarah Lamb, L-A-M-B. Transitions and Transformations: Cultural Perspectives on the Life Course.

12 649-651. Sarah Lamb specializes in aging, gender, families, personhood, and understandings of modernity in India and the U.S. She has conducted fieldwork in India over the past twenty years, and her most recent research critically examines understandings of “successful aging” in the U.S. "Old Age." Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2007.

The Cultural Context of Aging: World-Wide Perspectives. 66 2010: 574-575. Caitrin Lynch and Jason Danely. On the face of it, this bold new vision of successful, healthy, and active aging is h... Book abstract: In recent decades, the North American public has pursued an inspirational vision of successful aging--striving through medical technique and individual effort to eradicate the declines, vulnerabilities, and dependencies previously commonly associated with old age. lamb@brandeis.edu, lamb@brandeis.edu. Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology. (forthcoming), Lamb, Sarah. "McKim Marriott."

Jay Sokolovsky.

A 'read' is counted each time someone views a publication summary (such as the title, abstract, and list of authors), clicks on a figure, or views or downloads the full-text. 60 2006: 579-581. Sarah Lamb focuses on how villagers' visions of aging are tied to the making and unmaking of gendered selves and social relations over a lifetime.

Let me show you. Ed. "Intimacy in a Transnational Era: The Remaking of Aging among Indian Americans."

37-44. General Anthropology 26. "Aging Across Worlds: Modern Seniors in an Indian Diaspora." 2 (2019): 263-281. Care across Distance: Ethnographic Explorations of Aging and Migration. Successful Aging as a Contemporary Obsession: Global Perspectives. Lamb, Sarah, ed.

Let me just tell you about another project.

Lamb, Sarah.

I'm also a professor in anthropology, and I specialize in India, and the US. Ed. Lamb, Sarah, Series Editor, ed. Jennifer Cole and Deborah Durham, eds. University of California Press, 2000. So she won a lot of awards for this research. The Cultural Context of Aging: World-wide Perspectives. Mines, Diane and Sarah Lamb, ed. Ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004. Ayya's Accounts: A Ledger of Hope in Modern India , by Anand Pandian and M.P.

of Being Indian, Being Israeli: Migration, Ethnicity and Gender in the Jewish Homeland, by Maina Chawla Singh. Second ed. Rev.

Brandeis Faculty: Leading the Experiential Learning Evolution. Indian Diaspora: Voices of Diasporic Elders in Five Countries. And really he's coming up with really compelling, wonderful data for that. "Never-Married Women in India: Gendered Life Courses, Desires, and Identities in Flux." "On Vulnerability, Resilience, and Age: Older Americans Reflect on the Pandemic." (2006 - 2007), Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship 171-187. "Beyond Thirdness." 2005. Lamb, Sarah.

3 (2002): 299-330. The Netherlands: Sense Publishers, 2008. Join ResearchGate to find the people and research you need to help your work.

Getting students to trust their own perspectives.

Sarah Lamb, Professor of Anthropology, is a cultural anthropologist who studies the ways people construct their social-cultural worlds and identities, particularly surrounding aging, gender, the body, family, religion, and nation.

"Book Review." Well actually right now I'm working with some students during this COVID-19 crisis, looking at the impacts of being quarantined on older people, in terms of gender and queer issues also among the older population. of In Amma's Healing Room: Gender and Vernacular Islam in South India, by Joyce Burkhalter Flueckiger. Vincent Horn and Cornelia Schweppe. Lamb, Sarah. (2019), Journal of Aging Studies--Most downloaded articles in the past 90 days for "Permanent Personhood or Meaningful Decline?