1989: Mushroom Pool. My son really likes it, and today he even talked me back into that way high up body slide that reminds me of... 120 Fifth Avenue, Fifth Avenue PlaceSuite 2800Pittsburgh, PA 15222U.S. Sandcastle is owned by Parques Reunidos, who purchased Kennywood Entertainment.

The water park is located down the road from the Waterfront, a large shopping complex with stores, restaurants, and movie theaters. Sandcastle Waterpark Sandcastle is a water park located in the Pittsburgh suburb of West Homestead. Lazy River, Tad Pool, Boardwalk Blasters, Thunder Run, Lightning Express, Tuber's Towers, Cliffhangers. Phone: 412.281.7711 | Toll Free: 800.359.0758. Adult Admission: $35.99Child Admission: $25.99 (48" and under); under 3 FREESenior Admission: $25.99 (55+)Parking Charge: YGroup Size: 10/2,000.

Sandcastle is a water park located in the Pittsburgh suburb of West Homestead.The park is located on a 67-acre (270,000 m 2) piece of land along the banks of the Monongahela River.Sandcastle is owned by Parques Reunidos, who purchased Kennywood Entertainment.The company runs its original sister parks, Kennywood, Idlewild Park, and Lake Compounce.

Featuring 16 water slides, two pools, two children's areas, and a lazy river, there's Early in its life, Sandcastle also offered a miniature golf course, a go-kart track and beach volleyball courts; they have since been replaced by the Mon Tsunami wave pool and Dragon's Den slide respectively, although the sand pit leftover from the courts is still next to the Dragon's Den attraction. For the waterpark in Blackpool, England, see, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Blog Discussion of Amphitheater addition to Waterfront area, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sandcastle_Waterpark&oldid=986661602, Buildings and structures in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, Tourist attractions in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, Articles lacking in-text citations from December 2010, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 2 November 2020, at 06:53. Find out facts about Pittsburgh's Waterpark! 50 Reviews There is no doubt that Sandcastle is one of the best places to go in Pennsylvania for water park fun! Do you have a summer birthday coming up? The site where Sandcastle currently sits was formerly a railroad yard for U.S. Steel. Usually, they've just arrived on the boardwalk and are looking toward the Monongahela River. I don't anticipate a 17 year gap until my next... Katelynn D. What's the oldest ride?

Check out our Discounts page for the latest offers. Group events also available.

So many ways to slip and slide to a super day! Il y a 4 façons d’aller de Pittsburgh à Sandcastle Waterpark en bus, taxi ou voiture.

Experience vacation without leaving Pittsburgh!

The scene is one of unusual beauty and tranquility – a resort type setting along a calm waterway, with a green wooded hillside providing the backdrop. Please try again later. Sandcastle already had an existing amphitheatre on the property, but was outdated and was seldom used. The park is located in West Homestead, a suburb of Pittsburgh. In 1988, Kennywood Entertainment bought the land and began construction on the park. Payment plans start at just $20 per month! Sandcastle est un parc aquatique situé à Pittsburgh, en Pennsylvanie.Le parc était autrefois une propriété de Kennywood Entertainment; il a été vendu au groupe Parques Reunidos.. Histoire. The park is located on a 67 acre piece of land along the banks of the Monongahela River. When did Sandcastle first open it's gates?

I made my initial visit to Sandcastle back in 1990 and prior to this excursion my last visit was in 2003. In July 1989, his vision became a reality and transformed an old railroad yard that serviced the US Steel Homestead Works mill into a water park that provides shared fun and memory making opportunities for families and friends. For thrill seekers and mild riders, there are plenty of tube slides and body slides for your liking! The park contains fourteen water slides, several swimming pools, and a handful of other attractions. Latest Review. Group Rates Available ; Parking Available; RestaurantOnSite; Charged Parking; Motorcoach Parking; ADA Accessible; Sandcastle Water Park 50 Reviews Amusement Parks, Water Parks .

Welcome to the official Sandcastle fan page, your source for the latest news, pictures and updates!

In July 1989, his vision became a reality and transformed an old railroad yard that serviced the US Steel Homestead Works mill into a water park that provides shared fun and memory making opportunities for families and friends. Witnesses told Channel 11 it was frightening for many families. Amusement Parks, Water Parks.

Check out our discounts and start planning your next Sandcastle trip. When you're ready to take a break from relaxing and tubing, Sandcastle offers dining options for every appetite and diet.

Featuring 16 water slides, two pools, two children's areas, and a lazy river, there's summer fun for everyone at Sandcastle! Sandcastle is owned by Parques Reunidos, who purchased Kennywood Entertainment. The only slide ever removed was where The Blue TubaLuba is today. Sandcastle is a water park located in the Pittsburgh suburb of West Homestead.The park is located on a 67-acre (270,000 m 2) piece of land along the banks of the Monongahela River.Sandcastle is owned by Parques Reunidos, who purchased Kennywood Entertainment.The company runs its original sister parks, Kennywood, Idlewild Park, and Lake … We know 2020 was a crazy year, but appreciate you spending it with us!

Our Sandcastle staff takes care of the details and planning to help you enjoy the perfect birthday party, stress-free! 08/21/2020

I don't believe I'm still in the city." Before Sandcastle opened, Harry Henninger had the idea that the only thing that could make Pittsburgh better was to build a Water park. The park can be easily accessed via Interstate 376, and one PAT Transit bus line, the 59 Mon Valley (which also runs past Sandcastle's sister park Kennywood) runs near the park, but does not run up to it.

There is a problem with the data.

Sandcastle officially opened for business in July 1989.

Rob K. Experience vacation without leaving Pittsburgh! Other slides include the Blue Tooba Looba (which replaced Bermuda Triangle, the only closed slide in the park), Thunder Run, Tubers Tower and Cliffhangers. Sandcastle Waterpark, West Homestead, Pennsylvania. En 1988, le terrain fut acheté par Kennywood Entertainment et la construction du parc commença dans la même année.L'ouverture officielle eu lieu en juillet 1989.

First of... Paul P.

Tickets and Season Passes available online. It was called "The Bermuda Triangle". According to new design plans, the new amphitheater will rest between Sandcastle's west perimeter and the Waterfront section of Homestead Borough along the Monongahela River. Sandcastle Water Park From small bites, casual dining, and sweets and treats, you'll find something for the whole family. The park has a total of 14 water slides including 3 speed slides. summer fun for everyone at Sandcastle! In January 2007, the Chevrolet Amphitheatre, formerly known as the IC Light Amphitheatre, under plans by concert promoter Live Nation, was disassembled.

Looking for a fun summer job? The company runs its original sister parks, Kennywood, Idlewild Park, and Lake Compounce. Get ready for a crazy ride; Bombs Away is our newest slide for 2020! 31K likes. Sandcastle is a water park located in the Pittsburgh suburb of West Homestead. Sandcastle Waterpark. The most frequently heard expression of first-time visitors to Sandcastle is: "Wow! Start planning your summer early with a 2021 season pass! The park also features an entertainment complex called The Sandbar. It was a body slide; however, it had the same structure as a tube slide. Take a look at our calendar to help plan your trip!