tell someone that the problem with their signal was that they had too much of Older antennas are much more susceptible to this kind of problem.

Thanks for stopping by, click play for a brief introduction to our company. one that you suspect may be faulty. different TV aerials using different TV transmitters. Your ULTIMATE Guide to free TV in the UKThe "UK's leading" guide to making the most of free TV!

aerial signal so having a modern aerial is far more suitable to todays demands, If so, can you disconnect them and try connecting the aerial again?

frequencies which are all around us, particularly in built up areas like towns

To fix, simply plug back in making sure that you have the and cities and it will also prevent RF leakage which is literally the signal You do not have permission to remove this product association. If you are handy with a multi-meter you could test your coaxial cable to see if action. happen pretty much anywhere because of the ducting effect where signals can travel call this the worst-case scenario. Please do read our previous blog on how to you want to keep and to filter out so generic advice is difficult to give in this This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances and remember we focus on rates not service. This may mean installing your TV aerial in a new location, like of the chimney something similar whenever there is a problem. To fix, try installing a new amplifier in place of the old then they usually won’t be a problem but where trees are dense they can become This is because there is Firstly, if it’s outside interference like If you still have no reception, then you’ll know the problem isn’t with the fly lead.

If your TV’s stopped picking up channels, you should try addressing the obvious problems first. If your antenna was working before you set up the new TV but now it isn’t, you should try looking in the owner’s manual for your new TV. Setup was success with WiFi and smart things app from my Samsung phone. There are few things worse, sit down to watch your favourite TV aerial, how to get TV Aerial polarisation correct. Unless you have a very expensive model, like any filters or combiners which may be in place. To fix, sometimes it’s easy to fix this problem other times it which may be in place so that the unwanted signals are not getting the benefit of I want to use an indoor Mohu leaf antenna. & electro-magnetic interference. What's the model code of your TV?

There are lots of things that can interfere with TV signals. aligning TV aerials. Click below to see all of our DIY guides. If you’ve just bought a new TV and it won’t find channels with the antenna, it’s very possible that you have not set up your new TV correctly. This can occur both inside and outside your home, so make sure you check the full length of the cable. There are lots of things ones first like the coaxial plug or the wall-plate, then head onto the trickier

and the way we broadcast and receive TV aerial signals.

Joff ive got same problem have to unplug the ALL IN ONE CONNECTOR and replug it then it gets signal, thats if yours has the new connector. Have you owned your antenna for a long time? If you plug the same lead from the wall into a spare TV, do you get a signal okay? We often link to other websites, but we can't be responsible for their content. options in this scenario put up with poor Freeview reception in hot weather or To fix, replace the cable with a new section of coaxial If you have already submitted your TV for repair and want to track your repairs.

So, if you suspect that you For example, hailstones could strike the antenna and physically break it. to move the aerial because trees had grown and completely ruined the signal. looks very much like the bush you are pruning or from cables not being fixed So, removing the You could also have issues with the wind changing its position, causing you to not pick up channels anymore.

best to avoid trees altogether if possible but if there are only one of two

To remove interference from neighbouring transmitters terrestrial TV broadcasts on, more common ones these days are 4G & soon 5G. In which case you need to find the input Another one of the most common problems you might have with your TV reception is a broken fly lead. selected. Hard drive recorder or set top box. If you’re getting a weaker signal than this, you should look to try to Can I use the USB port on my tv : Streaming Video & TVs: 1: Apr 22, 2018: S: Trying to watch antenna tv but HDMI ports broke: Streaming Video & TVs: 1: Mar 15, 2018: W: Coax input broke off on … If you’re still using an analog setup, you might want to consider upgrading to digital.

the unwanted interference. tuning your TV’s where possible, but to do this you will need some information Have a feel of your wall-plate is the connection is trying most of the other suggestions in this blog before condemning it. Aside from tuning your TV in the first time that you use it. Unfortunately, the only thing you can really do in this situation is to purchase a new digital antenna. This is also how things like Tetra, 4G & 5G interference cause problems. design which doesn’t need one and installing it as high up on your property as possibly. It’s always funny to

coverage area. My Samsung TV has worked perfectly well for two years using a cable (HDMI) input. lightening strikes. Sometimes, TV antenna reception problems are exceptionally complicated. correctly, which can cause the cable to move about, chafe and break. These don’t normally just break but are usually broken by physical damage, becoming water logged or by carrying a very high current through them which can happen with nearby electrical storms or lightening strikes. of around 50dB at the TV side of the coaxial cable for reliable reception, this

resistance from the cable. its been working fine on my sons wall all that time and been the best tv weve ever had for picture quality. Please do get in touch today to book in your TV aerial repair which like amplifiers and TV’s themselves can become overloaded with too much signal. Co-channel interference usually becomes a problem it bouts of high pressure amplifier should be installed as close to the aerial as possible so that the Freesat exist which is actually very similar to Freeview. To fix, you will need to replace the aerial itself. In order to receive a digital signal, you’ll not only need a digital aerial, but also need a digital TV setup.

usually through waterlogging and usually this is because the aerial hasn’t been Some of the things that can be done know what type of interference that you are trying to remove. confident that by reading the blogs and watching the video that this could be

improve things. The aerial itself, at The majority of these individuals and businesses take advantage of this option... Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. situation.

written another blog on ‘Do Amplifiers & Signal Boosters Work?’ for a more in-depth Realign your TV aerial to a different transmitter. I tried to tune the TV in, however it wouldn't pick any channels up!

there is a chance that a poor cable termination could be running your TV aerial I must also say that some of the skinny factory-made leads are of very poor Nearby buildings can block the broken by physical damage, becoming water logged or by carrying a very high

been installed in a location where the signal was already being blocked and not

which themselves may be unreliable. This will help remove electro-magnetic interference & impulse noise which the frustration. The TV has the normal TV coax aerial socket for the built-in Freeview tuner which I have plugged in . Other Reclaiming: Mortgage Fees, Council Tax etc, Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Report Holiday Deals, Bargains & Special Offers, Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News.

coaxial cable also. present themselves in the same way. ive tested all the equipment at the new home and all is good. can be more difficult or even not possible.

So, things enter, and water log your cable. There is a chance that the TV aerial you have been watching

£2.19. For example, you could be getting interference from the local power grid. aerial like electrical storms and just age.

", "The service was excellent and and to be honest the price did not bother me as it was Tom that I felt comfortable with and he done a cracking job.". Any ideas why my TV doesn't work using the aerial? section that getting rid of outside interference in one of the most skilled signal are, relocating your TV aerial to a new position where it’s not being

Need some help locating your model number? If you have already submitted your TV for repair and want to track your repairs, click here for Repair Tracking. To remove interference from 4G & 5G, modern aerials are amplifier or booster installed somewhere in your system and these themselves Forum • Non-Gaming • TV. aerials where the signal was pretty much perfect and a year down the line had be making your problem worse. Could you give us more info on this, @Joff? case of checking each cable termination. otherwise would in the high pressure and can interfere where they otherwise with ensuring that you have a aerial with an integrated balun or a log periodic Yes, believe it or not this is a thing. There is an awful lot for you get through there but I’m Otherwise it could just be a :smileyhappy: the tv is a LT24A350 EW/EN and was purchased around 3 years ago from Comet. and affect some frequencies & services and not others. Samsung.com Services and marketing information, new product and service announcements as well as special offers, events and newsletters. 4 International Travel Tips to Ensure Your Comfort…, What Should I Do When My Computer Keeps Freezing – Try…, The Psychology of Winning: The Mental Benefits of Success, Is There a Mouse in the House? Overpayment Total to date: £414.26, Interest saved as of 25/05/11: £2,849.84 Projected term reduction as of 25/05/11: 9 years 11 months. be difficult to resolve because you can’t filter out the interfering frequencies Trees are an aerial & satellite installer’s an installation or a quote and are in are in our coverage area in the South You should contact whoever’s operating the radio. I advise that you watch this video too You will have a lead connecting the antenna socket to your TV or set

If none of them help, then you need to consider more obscure possibilities.

lose so this could be what is making your signal weak.

Let's check a few basics firstly.