This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. The Mets would upset the Orioles in five games.

April 12, 1965

When he was 18, Swoboda played on the Dolphin Club.

Some high school data is courtesy David McWater. Recently I saw him at craft beer events. We met so young, I can't even remember a time I didn't know him. Subscribe to our Free Newsletter, This Month in Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a feature or make a change. The Phinney family is saddened by his lose. Please accept my condolences, just know that I am here for you.Hoping the care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead.Myles A. Runsdorf, Psy.D. He hit four home runs in his first sixteen at-bats and ten in his first ninety at-bats.

From a Mets fan in the NYC area.
In his other two at bats, Swoboda struck out twice to aid Carlton’s record, but his two-run homer in the fourth, with two strikes on him, put the Mets up 2-1, and his two-run homer in the eighth, again with two strikes, gave the Mets the 4-3 victory.

https://obits.lohud.com/obituaries/lohud/obituary.aspx?pid=183664495 The loss of a child is most painful. His lifetime slugging average was .379 and his on-base percentage .324. In his first professional game, Swoboda had three hits including a home run in five at bats. ("I admire everything she does," says Ron.) Ron’s baseball coach was Andy McDonald. On September 13, 1969, with the Miracle Mets on their way to their first championship season, Swoboda hit a grand slam home run, his first, in the eighth inning to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates, 5-2. When the Mets traded for centerfielder Tommie Agee from the Chicago White Sox in 1968, the Mets were now able to play Cleon in left, and Swoboda and newly-acquired Art Shamsky in right. Born: Later on in the summer of 1964, he played for the Williamsport Mets in the Eastern League, the New York Mets' Double-A club, but returned to Buffalo for the playoffs later that summer. And Family, Ron was one of the sweetest, most loving men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Survived by his wife, Tiffany Pigeon Swoboda; his parents, Ron and Cecilia Swoboda; brother, Brian Swoboda (Charlene); his four children, Matthieu, Christopher, Kaylin and Caroline; stepchildren, Meredith and Daniel Paisant Jr.; and nieces, Abby and Sophia. After baseball, Swoboda turned to writing and TV and radio broadcasting, holding jobs in New York, Milwaukee, Phoenix and New Orleans. Sparky & Mary Lyle. (“I admire everything she does,” says Ron.) In the locker room, Ron thought he just blew his major league chance. Indeed he was. In the 1969 World Series, Ron got his chance when the Baltimore Orioles started Mike Cuellar and Dave McNally, two lefties, in four of the five games. Become a Stathead & surf this site ad-free. He was assigned to the Mets' Triple-A club, the Buffalo Bisons in the International League.

The pitcher was Bill Henry. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine.

"There was no one better than Hodges. He had 53 outfield assists in his career and a lifetime .972 fielding percentage. 555 N. Central Ave. #416 Viewing will be held at Lake Lawn Metairie Funeral Home, 5100 Pontchartrain Blvd. https://www.mlb.com/video/swoboda-makes-the-catch-c13062803 Love you man ! When he reached the top of the dugout steps, he angrily stomped on a batting helmet with the intent of smashing it. They threw us out of Smith Hall and into separate dorms. Instead, his foot stuck in the helmet, and he continued to kick at it to shake it off while taking the field. Dear Tiffany, I'm so sorry for your loss. Instead, his foot stuck in the helmet, and he continued to kick at it to shake it off while taking the field. Ron was fascinated by Stengel.

Send your deepest condolences with fresh flowers. Ron’s rookie home run record was actually victimized by an umpiring error. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/en-ca/obituaries/new-orleans-la/ronald-swoboda-9016667. Frank Robinson tagged and scored but Swoboda’s grab prevented the go-ahead run from being plated.

Published in The Times-Picayune from Jan. 29 to Feb. 3, 2020. Condolences to all his friends and family. And then there was this one that got away. The tying run scored on the play, but Swoboda's catch kept the Orioles from having a big inning and allowed the Mets to rally late and win the pivotal game.