Keep at it! “For me, when it comes to a cheating man, to me, it is the most deplorable thing you could possibly do in your human nature,” she said, “because it checks all of the boxes: deceit, dishonesty, betrayal of your vows.”. I’m here by invitation of her family. Need Some Time To Refocus and Replenish?

Thanks Rob, Kris and Jim Goodwin, Share to let others add their own memories and condolences. I remember looking across the street seeing Curt over there in your garage. I sat there for a few moments in awe of what God had done that morning.

He proved that these mediums were nothing to fear but to be embraced. When the closing part of a movie calls for the hero and heroine to fly off into the sunset and they board that American Airlines jet – again, it’s no accident that American’s jets are featured. He said “I was eager, but I wasn’t ready. I am amazed how some in the Christian media have taken a 15 second sound bite from a three year old sermon that he preached and tried to contemporize it to his act. But when it came to “smaller” pastors and churches, he was dismissive even to a point of being nasty about it. Funeral services will be held at 2PM Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at Bethany United Methodist Church – 353 E. Vienna St., in Clio. © 2017-2020 Tribute Archive.

His first congregation was Trinity Lutheran Church and School in Johnson, Minnesota.

Your two girls and my two girls played Barbies and spent a lot of time together playing. It’s a marathon. He graduated from Clio High School in 1963, where he met the love of his life, his dear wife of 52 years Sue Tidball.

He was a lifelong Clio resident. Pastor Nate Wordell grew up in Minnesota and studied theology, history, and biblical languages at Martin Luther College and Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary. He was celebrated by his peers.

And Love God! When it comes to stepping out on a spouse, Adrienne told The Real audience, “I think [for] a lot of people it’s a very cowardly move, because you’re like, ‘I’ll keep this here,’” alluding to a married person’s choice to stay in the marriage, while deciding, “I’ll go do this on the side.”, The former Cheetah Girls star then added, “If you’re just unhappy, leave,” and “don’t just leave. The thing I most enjoy about this ministry is the opportunity to help people grow closer to God through a study of His Word.

The self-imposed timetables that we as pastors place upon our work can be deceiving and frustrating. He was very proud of his family and will be missed dearly and remembered by so many. One member shared that her grandmother and herself were both having health challenges. I have been blessed tremendously – but it wasn’t overnight. So, the next time you wonder – why am I here – remember, that’s product placement. He was often in settings where he represented the largest church, with the largest choir, often times with the largest budget – but his humility was something to behold. But it was a crowd that rebelled against Moses in the desert. Understand that you’re going to need some friends who are mentors, some friends who are colleagues, and some friends who are just starting out in ministry that you can be a mentor to.

Jesus doesn’t just give hope for eternal life. Frankfort, Kentucky, To view the Victory Celebration program for Dr. Winters, click on the link below: “I believe that Mount Olive offers a wide range of ministries designed to meet the spiritual needs of young and old alike; but most importantly, Mount Olive offers a message of God’s unconditional love for sinners. Funeral services will be held at 2PM Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at Bethany United Methodist Church – 353 E. Vienna St., in Clio. Please sign our guest book or share an online condolence with the family at www.oguinnfh.com. By Pastor Robert Earl Houston on February 25, 2016 | 8 Comments. . I’m writing this after a personally tough year in saying goodbye to members, friends, colleagues and loved ones: a. We should grieve because it could have been any of us. We all still need the message of forgiveness.

To me, it’s akin to boarding an aircraft looking at the pilot and saying “I hope you crash” while you make you way to 28D and not understanding that if the pilot crashes, you crash. He loved the game of golf, as a right and left handed golfer. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Bethany United Methodist Church or the Clio Area Educational Foundation. Mercy Seat Missionary Baptist Church, St. Louis, MO. Some friends are only here for “a short spell” as the seasoned saints used to say. I’ve seen pastors placed in churches to the awe of friends, family and fellow preachers – because they were placed there by the Lord. In 1977, he and his family relocated to Missouri City, Texas. On August 17, 1985, they married and began a wonderful journey together which included the birth of Robert III, Morgan and Lauren. Not always because of an argument or falling out.

Robert Raasch. There is nothing quite as rewarding as seeing a person’s eyes light up as he or she discovers the answers God offers in His Holy Word.”. From 2016-2018 he was serving the students of Martin Luther College as a pastor, instructor and coach. . We should grieve because a successful ministry is now re-categorized to the annals of history. It’s not going to make you a popular person. Milton Chambers, preached a classic sermon and he went out of his way to welcome me back to New Hope Friendship. Charles Wesley wrote a hymn, “And Are We Yet Alive?,” that talks about weeks like this. Mount Olive is a church that ministers to all. His ministry began in the classroom.

HOUGHTON, Robert M. - of Clio, age 75, died on Friday, July 3, 2020 at Medilodge of Frankenmuth. Mercy Seat and I are praying for Pastor Jenkins, Pastor-Elect Sharpe, the Evans Family, and his beloved Fellowship family. Rob was born in Flint, MI on May 10, 1945 to the late Richard and Betty Houghton. His younger son, sensing that his father doesn’t have long to live, drives him from Montana to Nebraska, a trip that should have taken less than 8 hours. Dr. Evans was WAY AHEAD of his time in crossing denominational and religious boundaries that others would not cross. 4) Dr. Evans was a visionary. He was very proud of his family and will be missed dearly and remembered by so many. Pastor Myers came up through the ranks at my mom’s home church, Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church, and he pastored  a congregation, 50 miles away in Longview, Washington. I reckon that about 100% of our churches will experience a change in leadership in the lifespan of their churches and unfortunately no sudden change of leadership is an easy transition. In a very good movie, Nebraska, there is a scene that sticks with me. If memory serves me right, the car had hit a tree and the safety inflatible bags deployed, and apparently the driver was injured. Whenever anyone does what he did in his years at his congregation and was in the midst of planning future ministries – it’s appropriate to grieve what could have been and yet pray that the congregation continues forward in the spirit of the vision that was given to them by their pastor. It’s been a while. Understand that this calling does not generate a lot of friends. I’ve been able to create a fellowship and dialogue with many of our local elected officials and this afternoon I’ll have the privilege of offering prayer to open this afternoon’s session of the Commonwealth of Kentucky Senate. He loved the game of golf, as a right and left handed golfer. Pastor Ed Emmerling officiating. Charles Jenkins to succeed him and brought a new dimension to his beloved Fellowship. Pastor Ron Gorske has been in the ministry for over 40 years. enjoy cooking, camping, kayaking, and taking in a good football game. I’ve preached as a full-time evangelist, worked for a prominent immigration attorney, served as a Senior Project Manager for an international ministry, served as a full-time assistant pastor in Nashville, married an amazing and supportive woman that has no equal in her love, and now, serving what I believe is the church of my dreams, First Baptist Church, in Frankfort, Kentucky. Homegoing of a Saint – Dr. Clay Evans, Chicago, IL, A Social Media Campaign to honor Dr. A. Louis Patterson, The Victory Celebration Program for Dr. Timothy James Winters, Vacant Pulpit: New Light Full Gospel Baptist Church, Virginia Beach, VA, Homegoing of a Saint – Dr. Wallace S. Hartsfield, Sr., Kansas City, Missouri, Vacant Pulpit: Mt.