I appreciate your feedback I know you aren’t an “expert” but you sure sound like it! Rhinoceros beetle, (subfamily Dynastinae), also called elephant beetle, Hercules beetle, or Atlas beetle, any of numerous species of beetles, some of which are among the largest beetles on Earth, named for the impressive hornlike structures on the frontal portions of males. They don’t mind being held unlike other pet insects that bite, kick, and squirm free from your hold. Typically, it’s much easier to find them in stores in summer. Rhinoceros beetle, (subfamily Dynastinae), also called elephant beetle, Hercules beetle, or Atlas beetle, any of numerous species of beetles, some of which are among the largest beetles on Earth, named for the impressive hornlike structures on the frontal portions of males.

I just got to Japan (Okinawa to be exact) and i wanted to breed and take care of some rhinoceros beetles, and i have this one rhino female beetle in a small cage (looks like the cage they use for catching it and i just found it in our porch) and i want to know if where can I get some beetles that I can start with? Posted: (2 days ago) Raising them in individual boxes is preferred to group boxes as it reduces the potential infestations by parasites (i.e., Acari or Mites). Or they can be reared in groups i.e.

Rhinoceros beetles belong to many genera in the subfamily Dynastinae of the scarab beetle family (Scarabaeidae). Beetles are quite susceptible to dehydration.

Only male rhinoceros beetles have horns. Lighting (neon full spectrum light is good) should be used to give a photoperiod of 12 hours day and 12 hours night to the vivarium. I remember Black Beetle … However, I’m happy to look up your question. Their common name derives from the characteristic horn on the males of the species. The rhinoceros beetle can carry 850 times its own weight ... http://www.pkpets.com.au/index.php/pet-care-info?id=%2049.

State Plant Health Director: Tad Hardy USDA, APHIS, PPQ 4354 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. How to house your beetle larvae depends on the species you have. I am looking for some info about kabuto mushi eggs! http://www.bugsincyberspace.com/Rhino_Beetle_Care_Sheet.html, Care Posted: (3 days ago) Some of the Rhino Beetle'۪s scarab relatives, like the cane beetle, have a bad reputation for damaging the roots of sugar cane crops, but Rhino Beetles and their babies don'۪t eat any part of ... https://petworld-online.com/pet-rhino-beetles-for-sale'A=0'. Posted: (1 days ago) I hope you are enjoying your time in Okinawa. The first stop I would take is your local pet store. At Kellyville Pets we love our animal friends and are committed to matching owners with the right pet and providing customers with unsurpassed advice, service and selection of products. The forum is mainly for reptiles, but it has a very active insect/spider section as well.

However natural daylight entering into the room where your animals are kept is advisable to provide a natural photoperiod.

I've been stuck here on planet Earth for some decades now.

The Rhinoceros Beetle, known as “Kwang” in the northern dialect, has several subspecies; Kwangsong is so renowned for its fighting spirit and physical strength. The soil should be changed only when it is dirty or too damp, and shouldn’t be changed all at once. Fun Fact. Grab me all you want you magnificent little creature. Sex: Male, Female, Pair.

These two parts are placed top to bottom forming two parts: the lower half should preferably be opaque to dark; it should be filled with a mixture 1 part of a crushed wood to 2 parts of compost.

They are clean, easy to maintain and safe to handle.

Rhino Beetles and Stag Beetles are the two most desirable beetle groups in the pet trades. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. There is also one species found in Europe (Oryctes nasicornis).

This will cause the beetle less stress and keep it from flying away. I  hope this is helpful to everyone who is looking for information about keeping a rhinoceros beetle pet.

Posted: (1 days ago)

Cookies are short reports that are sent and stored on the hard drive of the user's computer through your browser when it connects to a web. Arigato gozaimasu! Check out these instructions! The beetles will still obtain all the necessary nutrients they require from the jellies and have many benefits including their long shelf life and the fact they do not attract fruit flies. This should be composed of two parts of sawdust and one part of a leaf compost. Recently, I had the opportunity to acquire several new species of live beetles for exhibition at the museum. https://www.backyardbuddies.org.au/backyard-buddies/rhinoceros-beetles.

Posted: (1 days ago)

https://soranews24.com/2016/11/10/w-t-f-japan-top-5-japanese-pet-kabutomushi-beetles-%e3%80%90weird-top-five%e3%80%91/.

Thank you again , I’ve learned a lot about beetles through researching everyone’s questions on the many useful Japanese sites out there. I can’t find any info in English – thank you if you can help! goo website says that kabuto-mushi won’t lay eggs in a place where the conditions are not suitable for larva. Posted: (20 days ago) })(120000); Posted: (1 months ago) Adult Rhino Beetles bodies are ordinarily a muted colouration of black, brown, green or red however there are some colourful exceptions such as (Dynastes granti) or (Eupatorus gracilicorni). Leaves in the case also help keep the soil from drying out. They are also known as Elephant Beetles. Their common name derives from the characteristic horn on the males of the species.

Posted: (1 days ago) The 6 Kingdoms of Life Explained: Which Are Eukaryotic & Prokaryotic?