He instead prefers to constantly try new things and customize recipes for friends and family, he said. “Just that I can support someone else who needs it.”. There was a problem saving your notification. If the name Reggie Strom sounds familiar, that’s probably because you’ve seen him on Kids Baking Championship. “With Pine Tavern I’m going to do a collaboration sort of thing, where I’m going to kind of create a dessert for them and then it’s going to be on their menu for a year. “I hope that I get good reactions, that’s just my one thought. But I’ll just do something that’s appealing to everyone.”. Weekly information to help you Explore Central Oregon, Receive weekly entertainment news occurring in Central Oregon. “Sometimes she’d have something new; sometimes it’d be the same.”. And it’s going to be premiering on Valentine’s Day,” Strom said. Be Truthful. Error! “It was non-stop baking,” he said.

▶️ Climate change or forest mismanagement; What led to Oregon’s record year of wildfires.

“It’s really cool that a dollar from each dessert is going to be given to a charity because I feel like I’m doing something more than just selling a dessert,” he said. “It’s really cool just that Bend’s been recognizing me for what I did, and it’ll be really fun just to kind of have other people that I don’t know be able to try my desserts,” he said. Each week has a new, quirky theme, from desserts that look like sandwiches to llama-shaped cupcakes. person will not be tolerated. All Rights Reserved. Don't Threaten. Duff called him out on it too, because if you recall, as soon as Reggie stepped through the doors out of the studio, he started cheering (where he assumed it was in private). The young baker said he doesn’t have a go-to favorite type of dessert. Then, Reggie sent an audition video to Food Network. And I know that because I’ve worked with a lot of pastry people,” said Michele Morris, owner of Kindred Kitchen. At stake: $25,000 and a feature in Food Network Magazine. Eight kids under the age of 13 compete for $20,000 and the title of Kids …

accounts, the history behind an article.

Reggie Strom stands in front of the judges table, as seen on “Kids Baking Championship” season 8. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. The first time Strom applied to be on the show, he didn’t make it. “You just had to prepare for everything and anything,” he said.

Bend middle schooler bakes on Food Network show airing Monday, See the winners of Central Oregon's Cutest Pets. Share with Us. “You just kinda walk into the kitchen for the first time, and you have no idea what’s going to happen,” Reggie said. “It was super fun, because I got to meet a ton of other kids who did the same thing,” Reggie said. Because there were so many dishes that had to be washed.”.

Food Network/Submitted photo Contestants in “Kids Baking Championship” Season 8. ▶️ Birdseed kills deer in Bend backyard; prompts reminder to not feed wild animals in the city, Crook Co. man dies of COVID complications; OHA reports record 805 new COVID cases, Charges filed against Redmond man after 8-year-old shot by sibling with unsecured gun, New initiative to help Central Oregon Vets in the court system get lives back on track. The kid contestants show off their baking chops through challenges most adults would find difficult. Reggie Strom standing in front of the judges table, as seen on Kids Baking Championship, Season 8. “I just hope that they recognize the skills that he has because they’re a little different than the traditional skills of cake decorating and things like that.”. Use the 'Report' link on You have permission to edit this article.

An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. “No matter how far I made it, it was still an amazing experience getting to go down there and meet the professionals, and just see how everything works.” he said. The 8th season of Kids Baking Championship airs Monday on Food Network – and it features Reggie Strom, a 12-year-old from Bend. “He’s got a set of skills that not a lot of people have. that is degrading to another person. While this Bend baker is busy rocking the Food Network scene, advancing in the competition, you’ll have a chance to try his treats for yourself this Valentine’s Day and beyond. He said he had a great time baking and hanging out with the show’s similarly minded young contestants. Beyond the money, Reggie called it a great learning experience and encouraged other kids with a love for baking to take a chance and apply. “I just like to make things that people like,” Reggie said. “I’d go to her house, and we’d always bake things,” he said. Contestants in “Kids Baking Championship” Season 8. Kids BBQ Championship Move over mom and dad, the barbecue now belongs to a new generation of creative and innovative grillers! There was an error processing your request. I hope people like what I’m putting on there.”. or anything. Kardea Brown has planned the perfect menu to celebrate the end of summer with her girlfriends. “If you’re considering trying out, I would just go for it.

I mean there’s no harm, it’s a few days of work. Combine the beef, salt, allspice, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, pepper flakes, brown sugar, thyme and black pepper in a large bowl and gently mix until just combined. While this Bend baker is busy rocking the Food Network scene, advancing in the competition, you’ll have a chance to try his treats for yourself this Valentine’s Day and beyond. Reggie will compete against 11 other bakers, ages 10-13, for a $25,000 prize and a feature article in Food Network Magazine.

Central Oregon Daily is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., recognized as a Fortune 1000® 2017 company. ▶️ Climate change or forest mismanagement; What led to Oregon’s record year of wildfires. CENTRAL OREGON DAILY.

Strom has had an interest in baking for years. After taking a couple classes on how to make French macarons at the Kindred Creative Kitchen in Bend, Reggie said the kitchen’s owner, Michele Morris, invited him to a specific class for young bakers interested in auditioning for “Kids Baking Championship.” Reggie said he learned more advanced techniques in that class, from perfecting fillings to mastering pastries. Don't knowingly lie about anyone The premiere episode of this season of “Kids Baking Championship,” featuring Reggie, will run at 9 p.m. Monday on the Food Network. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism “After we filmed an episode, we’d all go back to the pool and swim for a couple hours.”.

Strom competes with 12 other young bakers, ranging in age from 10 to 13, in season 8 of the "Kids Baking Championship," starting to air this week. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,

And he hopes that positivity will continue once his dessert debuts. Let us know what's going on! I love watching the kids and their unique baking skills and personalities! Central Oregon Daily is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., recognized as a Fortune 1000® 2017 company. “I think I’ll choose something that the majority of people would like to order,” he said. Contestants are tasked with baking a new dessert each episode. Reggie, a seventh grader at Pacific Crest Middle School who was born and raised in Bend, said he was introduced to baking through his grandmother. “Kids Baking Championship” airs Monday at 9 p.m. on the Food Network. Strom will be working on a signature dessert alongside Pine Tavern’s head chef. “With Pine Tavern I’m going to do a collaboration sort of thing, where I’m going to kind of … PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. “Maybe not exactly what I would like, because maybe not everyone likes what I like. racist or sexually-oriented language. I would say it’s definitely worth it. Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. But that interest turned into a passion after taking classes at Kindred Creative Kitchen.

An independent source of exclusive news and insight about state government delivered conveniently by email each Friday to subscribers. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. “Our water bill actually increased 40% that month of what it normally does from dish washing.