Katherine Helmond, Votes:

It's not in the strata of Pride and Prejudice, however the characters are delightful; especially for avid adventure reading novels, Catherine Morland. They also acted again in the 2010 film "The King's Speech. | Hux… | | Posted at 10:17 PM in Historic Names, Name Lists | Permalink, |

Juliette Binoche, Hardy 10. | Gross: Not Rated 305,075 105 min Rod Steiger, This film actually begins in WWII, but the majority set in Regency England (1811-1820) due to 'flash backs'.

Myriam Cyr, Votes: Stars: In the dingier, less affluent areas of London, thievery, womanising, gambling, the existence of rookeries, and constant drinking ran rampant.

| Richard Boleslawski Hugh Grant, Agnieszka Holland They’re all popular names from the nineteenth century, and they include common last names from the Victorian era and the Regency era. | Gross: | A noblewoman doomed to a loveless marriage falls into a scandalous affair with the dashing Lord Byron. Julie Walters, | | In Badajoz, the next siege target. | Reverge Anselmo Action, Adventure, Drama.

If you’re naming Regency characters! | Gross: Roger Michell

John Malkovich, R | Natasha Little, Driving these changes were not only money and rebellious pampered youth, but also significant technological advancements.

$42.37M, PG (During the Regency era the Royal Duke of Clarence, who eventually ruled as William IV, gave the name Fitzclarence to the ten illegitimate children he had with the actress Mrs. Jordan. George Roy Hill Drama, Mystery, Romance, Lady Caroline Faye (Alison Doody) meets Lord Vane Brecon (Benedict Taylor) and is attracted to him. Ciarán Hinds,

Michael Gambon, Stars: Wikipedia.For those who are serious about Period Dramas and deem a movie/mini series worthy to be listed, add your comments. Nicholas Meyer Greta Scacchi, This era encompassed a time of great social, political, and economic change. I dare anyone to say "Hey I saw this movie". Drama, Romance. Sergey Bondarchuk The three-year romance between 19th-century poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne near the end of his life. 9,909 } else { Director: No doubt many would enjoy this musical, but for me I sadly am a bit conflicted because I seen the Les Misérables: The Dream Cast in Concert edition of Les Miserables on TV with two brillant power houses: Colm Wilkinson as Jean Valjean and Philip Quast as Inspector Javert. |

| Mansfield Park (2008), PG

Stellan Skarsgård as the lead role of Goya, one Hollywood's most hard working actors (He has been in the acting industry since 1968).

Anne Hathaway, | | Gross: @bryndonovan.com. Michael Austin Stars: Stars: Director: | Gary Oldman, |

Matthias Habich, Michael York, Stars: Olivia Williams, NO. | | Director: ” - eliza_gaskell, Not Rated Tom Hooper

| Action, Biography, Drama. Little Dorrit (1920), PG Drama, During the Napoleonic era, in Spain, a young postulant falls in love with a handsome British soldier who is recovering with others of his regiment after being wounded. Bernard Rose John Malkovich, 147 min "Regency Furniture", Innes, Joanna and John Styles. Abbie Cornish, $43.18M, also see 267 min

Before leaving, he ... See full summary », Directors:

Of course, this is just a guide—as author, you can always change it up while still staying true to the names of Regency. Overall not a bad story, a young man leaves England to travel to the far reaches of Australia. Stars:

107 min Elizabeth Taylor, | A fictionalized account of the last year of Beethoven's life. And ofcourse it has the lovely Elizabeth Taylor as the object of Mr Brummell's affection. | | Sorry the alignment is wonky. History, Romance, War. Matthew Macfadyen, 84 min Director: Northanger Abbey (1986). $0.25M, R Those who have seen this production knows it's a twist on Pride and Prejudice. . Bella Heathcote, Votes:

Stars: Drama, History, George 'Beau' Brummel, a penniless but witty London gentleman, maintains a refined lifestyle with his loyal servant, cook Robinson. | Oh, very cool. | The period from 1795 to 1837, which includes the latter part of George III's reign and the reigns of his sons George IV and William IV, is sometimes regarded as the Regency era, characterised by distinctive trends in British architecture, literature, fashions, politics, and culture. | Leslie Arliss The formation of the Regency after the retirement of George III saw the end of a more pious and reserved society, and gave birth of a more frivolous, ostentatious one. Date set:1810 | In 1796, Captain George Bryan "Beau" Brummell of the 10th Royal Hussars Regiment offends the Prince of Wales with his straightforward outspokenness and gets fired from the Army but is chosen as the Prince's personal advisor. Why Are Most Romances Written In Third Person? Biography, Drama, History. War and Peace (1956)

2,457 102 min Period Dramas-The Regency Period 1795-1830, Period Dramas-The Victorian Era 1837-1901. Sense and Sensibility (1971) Here are some of the most popular choices for Georgian parents in Britain: Note: During this period, Maria was pronounced ma-RY-a, and Sophia was pronounced so-FY-a.

| Director: Jean-Marc Barr, His meteoric rise to military prominence ... See full summary », Stars: Biography, Drama, History. Jack Huston, Peter Weir Learn how your comment data is processed. Jonny Lee Miller, Ralph Fiennes, |

var e=document.createElement('script');e.setAttribute('type','text/javascript');e.setAttribute('charset','UTF-8');e.setAttribute('src','https://static.typepad.com/.shared//js/pinmarklet.js?r='+Math.random()*99999999);document.body.appendChild(e); James Purefoy, Gordon Douglas |

Besides all the work he is known for, the composer once wrote a famous love letter to a nameless beloved, and the movie tries to ... See full summary », Director: 108 min | Stars: Well this series covers early 1800 and spans roughly 20 years. I know there are a number of people who like the 2007 TV production with Rupert Penry-Jones and Sally Hawkins. Judy Davis,

John Mills, 12 Stars: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Armand Assante, Stars: 100 min

Peter Kosminsky To put this together, I used portions of UK Census Returns of 1801 and 1821, snippets of Burke’s Peerage 1826 that I could find online, and various parish records from the early 19th century.

Let me know in the comments! | function callPin(permalink) {

| ***Trivia***:stars Benedict Cumberbatch, who playes Sherlock Holmes in the 2010 TV series Sherlock. She cannot resist finding suitors ... See full summary », Stars:

Drama, War. | 'Twas Ever Thus ». Drama, History, Musical. James Cromwell, Votes: Stars: Some of these names have aristocratic associations, and many do not. Check it out! 100 min Date set: 1811-1840 | Gross: Upon George III's death in 1820, the prince regent became King George IV. Christopher Adamson, Maxine Peake, In the later years of her life, as she's approaching the age of forty, the novelist Jane Austen helps her niece find a husband. Albert Finney, Julia Dearden,

Drama, History, Romance, The story of five aristocratic families in Russia during the Napoleonic Wars of 1812, Stars: Guy Pearce, Lord Byron, poet Percy Shelley, his future wife, Mary Shelley (writing Frankenstein) and others spend the summer of 1816 together. Though Regency-era names tend to fit into a narrow window, occasionally a young man would be given his mother’s surname as a first name. Working class parents generally favoured biblical names, whereas upper classes tended to opt for Germanic or classical options. Pride and Prejudice (1940) Drama. Director: One of the greatest patrons of the arts and architecture was the Prince Regent himself (the future George IV). Heath Ledger, Thanks so much for reading, and happy writing! Helena Bonham Carter, Alison Doody, Stars: James Mason, James Kent An extremely young Helena Bonham Carter, as the beginning of her career stars as Serena Staverley. The first, a German duke from Hanover, was crowned in 1714. Tim McInnerny, Top notch very authetic. One thing I must add is the the costume (by Yvette Blake) and design of this production. He's a swashbuckler, so the prison's commander, Major Farquar ... See full summary », Director: 121 min It does not even bother to go into Beau's childhood, instead the mini-series focus mainly on the friendship of Mr Brummell and the Prince Regent. Director: Director: Director: Stars: Director: Colin Firth, Stars: Amanda, an ardent Jane Austen fan, lives in present day London with her boyfriend Michael, until she finds she's swapped places with Austen's fictional creation Elizabeth Bennet. Director: Adventure, Spain 1812. Note that some names will repeat (as a good majority of the people at the time were named John, Mary, and James). | 113 min

| Frances O'Connor, 90 min A younger boy falls in love with a tragic girl who flirts with, and manipulates, her older suitors in 1800's Russia. | Roger Moore, | | | Diana Rigg, Most of them would also be quite appropriate for a story set in the Victorian era. Jonny Lee Miller, James D'Arcy, Votes: Biography, Drama, Music. Director: Drama, History, Romance.

Director: Drama, History, The scene is set during the French Restoration at the beginning of the 19th century. Lyudmila Saveleva, var url = document.URL; Susannah Harker, Aoife McMahon, (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Obviously I could have made this way, way longer. 90 min | Robert Morley. James Fox, PG PG-13 Surely the BBc could of "grubbed" it up a bit with dirt (2) some parts of the series were weaker than others. |

Stewart Granger. | The disagreement ultimately results in scores of duels, spanning several years. | Please enable JavaScript if you would like to comment on this blog. Jane Campion David Ross, Date set:1806 | Johanna ter Steege, Votes: The Regency in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland was a period at the end of the Georgian era, when King George III was deemed unfit to rule due to his illness, and his son ruled as his proxy, as prince regent. Adventure, Drama, Thriller. |

character, steampunk, indie. Michel Piccoli, | If you have not see then production, you must do so.

Stars: Wikipedia. TV-PG

| Irving Rapper, also see Stellan Skarsgård, Phoebe Cates,

Regency Period Names (Girls) Here are some less common names from the Regency era that are pretty and fresh, but still feel elegant. This list and several other lists of historical names are in my book Master Lists for Writers. Hugh Grant, (1) the use of modern terminology in the adaption.

is it here? 300 min | Notify me of follow-up comments by email.