Everything that I have is based on our experience and may not be the same for you. Members. Because your friend referred you, your application with Boundless is discounted. ” (Form I-601A). This guide can help you understand your options, based on the most common situations. Reddit is not a substitute for a real lawyer. Many Dreamers are in the same situation as you and are wondering if they, too, might be eligible for a green card through marriage. Join. The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) can help you find a licensed immigration attorney near you. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. If a person doesn’t have either of the two above scenarios A or B, DACA doesn’t add or subtract any benefit. My wife does have both student and private loans. The legal return allowed them to use many other features in the immigration law to file for Green Cards status. But then you “overstayed.” In other words, you remained in the United States after your original visa expired. 2 comments. Attorney services are provided by independent attorneys and are subject to a separate Attorney Agreement. Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting. Citizenship and Immigration Services or the Federal Government of the United States. help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. It's going to pretty much be a standard concurrent I-130/I-485 (you qualify through a slightly unusual way, but you do qualify, as you understand).

I am sorry for writing so much, but I just want this green card process to go smoothly. I am currently under DACA and I married a U.S citizen.

To return to the United States without this years-long delay, before leaving you must first obtain a “Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver” (Form I-601A). Follow these steps to go from DACA to Green Card through an adjustment of status: Establish eligibility – You need valid proof of your marriage to a U.S. citizen spouse. Press J to jump to the feed. living abroad and applying for a green card based on marriage to a U.S. green card holder, than for spouses of U.S. citizens — currently about. I hold a bachelors in Engineering and would like to get a different kind of work permit that enables me to get a twic card. If you are married to a U.S. green card holder (a permanent resident but. My wife is in my apartment lease too (she lives with me). According to the committee, the “advanced parole” loophole has ensured: As of August 21, 2017, 45,447 DACA recipients have been approved for advance parole through an I-131 Application for travel documents. However, I still have my old ITIN , Form I-94, vaccines abd school records from going to school in the US since 3rd grade, high school diploma, college records and degrees (associate's and bachelor's), state government ID from state job, and have been doing my taxes via TurboTax since 2014 (I kept all my tax returns). U.S. And if you have entered the United States illegally more than once, then if you leave now you may be permanently barred from returning. My wife works as a per diem teacher aide at our local Board of Education. And know that Boundless can help most DACA recipients who are married to U.S. citizens and entered the United States with a valid visa. The other important thing to keep in mind is the waiting time: If you’re eligible for a green card and you’re married to a U.S. citizen, the whole process takes about 7–10 months. application process for a marriage-based green card. (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) recipient and are married to a U.S. citizen or green card holder, you may be eligible for a, This guide can help you understand your options, based on the most common situations. You may be permanently barred from re-entering the United States, with no possibility of a waiver. The only way to get a permanent resident card is either the lottery or to find a US company willing to spend a lot of money and time to get you a green card. Online. Read the full details in our guide to DACA Recipients and Marriage Green Cards.

Does anyone know how to apply for a green card? If you have no travel permit and spent more than 180 days between turning 18 and applying for DACA: You are generally required to leave the United States to apply for a green card at a U.S. embassy or consulate — and you will also be subject to a bar from re-entering the United States, for up to 10 years.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Unlike DACA, which only provides two years of protection against deportation and the ability to legally work, a green card grants the right to live and work permanently in the U.S. Alternatively, the U.S. Department of Justice accredits certain, nonprofit organizations that provide low-cost or free immigration-related legal services. 0 comments. From DACA Recipient to Green Card Holder. I had a lawful entry in 2015 to the U.S with a parole. Just as if you were married to a U.S. citizen and entered the United States illegally (see above), you therefore must also obtain a “Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver” (Form I-601A) in order to leave and re-enter the United States without this years-long delay. Hey everyone. I make more than $60k a year before taxes with both of my jobs, while my wife makes currently $11k a year. top (suggested) … Shared lease is of course helpful, but also copies of official mail (bank statements, etc.) 1 to Sep. 30.. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts.

Let’s say you most recently entered the United States “with inspection” — meaning you were inspected by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agent and had a valid visa — or entered under the Visa Waiver Program, which allows travelers from certain countries to temporarily visit the United States without a visa. But it can be perilous to leave the United States to apply for a green card from abroad—as described above, if you have more than 180 days of unlawful presence, this will trigger a re-entry bar of 3 or 10 years. I currently work and live in the US. Blank immigration forms with written instructions, including for spousal visas, are available for free at the USCIS website. Two ways: A) get married with a citizen, or B) go back to your own country and apply there again, but if you leave you are band for 10 years to the USA. Having a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card (PDF, 6.77 MB) allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. This approval allows a DACA recipient to travel out of the country and legally return, making them eligible to adjust their immigration status and receive a green card. General Question. My wife would like to change her last name to mine, but I am unsure if that would be needed for the green card process. We welcome discussion around current events, policy, and questions for the curious.

Looks like you were working on a application just now. Your US citizen spouse who must file a petition I-130 for you. I will add some documents that you might not have thought about for the proof of marriage portion at the bottom of this post.

no comments yet. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. My wife and I started dating officially on November 2, 2017. If you entered the United States illegally (as opposed to overstaying), you cannot apply for a green card from inside the United States. Of those who received LPR status, 2,181 have applied for U.S. citizenship and 1,056 have become U.S. citizens. In what situations can DACA recipients apply for a green card through marriage? Applicants typically only require one service at a time. That’s not a huge obstacle if you applied for DACA before or within 180 days after turning 18 — you’d be in the same shoes as any spouse applying for a green card from abroad. I also proposed to my wife on her 25th birthday back in February (everyone clapped and cheered for us at our favorite all you can eat sushi restaurant, as well as my best man, his girlfriend, and two of our good friends, were there too. Things get much trickier if you entered the United States illegally. Boundless is not a law firm and is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

I-130 is used to establish the relationship between a US citizen or permanent resident and an alien relative. Once given a Green Card, the former illegal can gain citizenship and voting rights after several years. Created Jun 26, 2012. Many have received the cards, and 2,181 have subsequently applied for citizenship. In other words, I-130 leads to being able to apply for an immigrant visa if you're outside of the US, or to apply for adjustment of status if you're already in the US. It generally boils down to three key factors: 1.

Did you enter the country illegally when your parents originally brought you to the United States? Blank immigration forms with written instructions, including for spousal visas, are available for free at the USCIS website.

Illegally, Marriage-based Green Card Reviews TrustpilotBoundless — for people who want the expertiseof an immigration lawyer, not the price tag. Although, my wife wants to start the process as soon as possible. Anyway, we did a mini ceremony on September 13, and wedding photographer took over 400 pictures and did record a short video of our mini ceremony. 1. A DACA recipient who is married to a U.S. citizen and can prove that they “overstayed” their original visa should face no special hurdles in applying for a green card. Do I have to fill out form 1-130 for adjustment status or just the I-485? Hello everyone. Under these circumstances, Boundless can help guide you through the entire marriage-based green card application process.

Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States.