When I seen him, shit started fucking taking off. "[17] Dr. Dre and DJ Yella, as HighPowered Productions, composed the beats for each song, with Dre making occasional rapping appearances. “It’s time to go.”. 2, with features everyone from Trey Songz to G Perico to O.T. Also heard on the EP (which found its way on the Efil4zaggin album) was "Real Niggaz", a full-blown diss on Ice Cube where the remaining members accuse him of cowardice, and question his authenticity, longevity and originality: "How the fuck you think a rapper lasts / With your ass sayin' shit that was said in the past / Yo, be original, your shit is sloppy / Get off the dick, you motherfuckin' carbon-copy", and "We started out with too much cargo / So I'm glad we got rid of Benedict Arnold, yo." At the time, you don’t know if somebody’s looking for you. First time I seen YG get signed, I said “damn, this is possible. But we all did work. In 2007, a new greatest hits package was released, entitled The Best of N.W.A: The Strength of Street Knowledge.

With or without the label, still going to make your money, still be able to do what you want to do. Talk about battle rapping and coming up with Greedo. You’re exposed to death at a young age. Eazy-E kept dissing Dre and Death Row on most of his songs until his AIDS-related death on March 26, 1995. Voter suppression laws disproportionately impact people of color. Compton rappers. 2000's all-star Up In Smoke Tour would reunite much of the N.W.A and Death Row families, and during time spent on the road, Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren, guest star Snoop Dogg and Eminem began recording in a mobile studio. We gon’ do the shit again multiple times and make it happen, you feel me? and the phone is abruptly hung up on the interviewer.

We want to give the fun of environment. I always write! Although initially rebuffed, Yano was impressed by Eazy-E's persistence and arranged a meeting with Dr. We’re not making it into a traditional show. I was going through a time in life where — I won’t say I wasn’t inspired by the music, but music became a job for me. Ice Cube left the group in December 1989 over royalty disputes;[4] having written almost half of the lyrics on Straight Outta Compton himself, he felt he was not getting a fair share of the profits. That’s real n*gga shit. This album was dope, just pure fun. I feel like the little kid again with the hopes and dreams, pushing it. If you think the best Compton gangsta rap band is missing from the list, then feel free to add it at the bottom so it's included with these other great acts. Who is your favorite Compton Hip hop artist? He put us in a group.

It’s sad man, my little brother been in there almost seven years now. He’s a real genuine person. I’m turning the fuck up. He’s like me man, we with the shits. E. Diep is a contributing writer at Complex. The album is considered by many Dr. Dre's finest production work, and it heralded the beginning of the G-Funk era. Ice Cube stated of the movie, "We're taking it to the nooks and crannies, I think deeper than any other article or documentary on the group," he said. We’re not making it into a traditional show.