How struggling to taxi a 172 made Greg wonder if he would ever be able to master flying. You might know Greg by his Youtube name Premier 1 Driver. It’s hard to get anywhere without at least having one connection or a long drive.”.

But, just like the guy who’s trying to figure out how to land a 172 in a crosswind, we can all learn something on every flight.”, “I’ve been flying for 30-plus years and have over 6,000 hours in all these cool airplanes, and I still have something to learn,” Mink said. He had always been interested in flying. Every week 4 best friends, Greg Miller, Tim Gettys, Nick Scarpino, and Andy Cortez, gather together to discuss everything from the most serious topics to whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich. That means he’s going to give you the “good, bad, and ugly” of these flights. All done with the requisite wit and banter. A Kinda Funny Show. I enjoy learning anything from other Pilots.i find by watching these videos, that there is always something to learn. “So, one night at dinner, my dad casually mentions that he bought a Cessna 172 that afternoon.

It helps keep things in perspective.”. “The ANG had a unit right in Fort Wayne, so I started the interview process while I was at Indiana University. State Of The Aviation Industry: Dr. Jim Higgins. I earned my management degree, then went to work for my father’s company, Modular Devices, Inc.”. “I’m the veteran of my share of avionics upgrade projects and the whole process has just worn me out,” he said.

I had to wait until my 17th birthday to take my check ride.”. Why he recommends anyone he talks with to get their instrument rating.

This is a podcast based on current video game culture and much more. Review our, The View from Our Side of the Cockpit Door. Greg was flying before he could drive himself to the airport. We go into detail about his training and life in the National Guard. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! How he graduated high school with his instrument rating. To make a long story short, on one of his two-day trips to Texas, a swarm of honey bees and their queen took up residence in the Premier’s left engine. What it is like to be 24 years old and fly an F16. “When we fly to the west coast – something we could not efficiently do with any of our other airplanes – it’s one stop in Denver or Cheyenne.”, “The single-pilot aspect of the Premier 1A is another great advantage to me because it gives me greatflexibility to quickly plan and execute a trip. After looking at Premier IA’s all over the U.S., Mink said that they actually found their ideal airplane where you’d least expect to find it: England. I had one camera hanging off the co-pilot’s sun visor,” he said. “But, as we get busier, the thought of having a crewed aircraft is an idea that’s becoming more interesting to me. [dubious – discuss] In 2018, used aircraft from 2003 to 2011 were priced at $1.28 to 2.4 million.

How he built time and experience before taking his PPL. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page. You get Premier 1 Driver and the chance to fly “right seat” as Greg Mink travels to exciting locations throughout the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. How we both thought we were hot stuff flying a Seneca. How we both thought we were hot stuff flying a Seneca.

“At the end of my ANG career, I had accumulated over 1,000 hours in the F-16.

How struggling to taxi a 172 made Greg wonder if he would ever be able to master flying. The different planes he has owned and flown. “So, when my time was up, I left the Guard and went back into the family business. I have looked at most of his videos and have learned more about his life as a pilot through your show.

No signup or install needed. GREG MINK, COO [email protected] 317-333-8741 . It's the best podcast app and works on Android, iPhone, and the web. Why business aviation is important for companies. “After doing all of our training and early flying in the 172, we move up to a Piper Seneca II, which we used for a couple of years until I went off to college,” Mink said.

“It would be easy to edit those mistakes out. “Single pilot jet operations can get busy, really fast. We go into detail about his training and life in the National Guard. What it is like going form an arrow to a HP multi. After its start with the venerable 172 and Seneca II, Modular Device’s fleet expanded quickly up through a pressurized Piper Navajo, Cessna P-210 and a Cessna 414 in 2003.

If you enjoyed it, please let me know!

Having the second pilot just takes some of the pressure off of me, even if it’s just for flight planning and ground handling,” he said. You don't have to know anything about cars to love this one hour weekly laugh fest.

Maya … Start listening to #Pilot to Pilot - Aviation Podcast on your phone right now with Player FM's free mobile app. How he built time and experience before taking his PPL. “Today, I call it our ‘magic carpet.’ The Premier has opened up all kinds of new opportunities for us.”. Basically, wherever you point the nose, that’s where it’s going to go,” Mink said. Supplementary shows also discuss books, other computer games and host fan forums.

If your driver is older than 100.6286 and your PC manufacturer does not provide a compatible version, it is recommended that you do not install a version later than 100.6286 from the Intel site.

What it is like to fly low altitudes at high speeds with night vision goggles on. Driver version 100.6444 is a Windows DCH driver which does not install cleanly on top of older, legacy drivers. It was a thrilling ride, but I was getting too old for this young man’s game,” he said. “The owner had passed away and it was in the family’s estate. Even with the encounter with the eusocial flying insects, Mink and his father are even happier with the Premier IA today than they were when they picked it up. Mink said that thanks to the countless comments he’s received, he’s evolved his videos to try to give viewers an actual “right seat” experience. What do you get when you combine an experienced F-16 pilot, a Beechcraft Premier 1A jet, and a cockpit full of cameras with some creative videography and YouTube? “The first one I posted was landing at Telluride, Colorado, in our 414. As the company’s dependence on private aircraft grew, so did the size and performance of their aircraft. What it is like going form an arrow to a HP multi. Greg is former Air National Guard F16 pilot and current Beechcraft Premier pilot.

My wife (aka, Premier 1 Rider) doesn’t like turbulence at all.

“They were going to take it off. “We take pride in personal service, and that requires site visits.

And once you get there, you’re cruising at .76 mach.”, “It’s a little heavy in the roll axis, which is fine with me. “When I was young, my dad and I raced motocross together. Email me at pilottopilothq@gmail.com or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. How Greg and his dad did their training together. You have to enjoy the moment that you are in. Why Greg chose the business world over airlines. What it is like going from an F16 to a C 210. What is going on avination, this week I am talking with Greg Mink. I also own a Premier 1A. What is going on avination, this week I am talking with Greg Mink.

It's the only show of its kind that explores all aspects of the automotive space from the performance aftermarket, to new car buying and the future of the automotive industry. Premiere #1 Limousine Service has been honored with several awards over the years for our professionalism, dependability and safety record. “I really enjoyed flying that 414 and put quite a few hours on it in a short time,” Mink said. I was bound and determined I was going to fly fighters.”. Of all the airplanes we’ve had, this is by far her favorite.”. Mink said the Premier 1A meets their exact mission requirements on 90 percent of their flights, which is a lot better than most owners can say about their airplanes. Safety is paramount to everything we do.”. I enjoyed your Aviation Podcast with Greg of Premier 1 Drive. He also said that on some business trips, he does take along a qualified co-pilot.

Will travel.

Recorded live and interactively every Thursday 8-9 pm UK time on Youtube, come join the interactive chat. “If I can encourage other pilots to accept the challenge of making their next flight better and safer than the last one, then I’m doing my job with my YouTube videos.”, © 2020, Premier 1 DriverPowered by Shopify. On a standard day at gross weight, it’s around 21 minutes to 41,000 feet. Adding comments is not available at this time. How they treated him like a brand new pilot. “On the way back across theAtlantic, we stopped in Iceland, and at Narsarsuaq Airport in Greenland. You’d think you wouldn’t get all those things, together, but it’s proven to be all that and more,” he said. You might know Greg by his Youtube name Premier 1 Driver.

We can go places and do things faster and easier than we ever could before. What it is like going from an F16 to a C 210. Join us for a whole new experience with gaming, we're not your average gamers we are The Horrible Gamers! In short order, the younger Mink went on to add his instrument and multi-engine ratings. Like most American families, when Greg Mink was growing up in Indiana, dinner time was “family time.” And, like most of us, evening conversations started with, “What’s new?” or, “What did you do today?” Usually, those questions were answered by “Not much” or, “Nothing very interesting.” But Mink vividly remembers one dinner time conversation in 1982 when his dad had a new and, what turned out to be, life-altering answer.