I hear there is talk of it being re-released by Round 2, the outfit now in control of the MPC kit tooling.

The course was about 300 feet long, and the promoter set it up in front of the main grandstand. It's full frame and standard wheelbase was a drawback against the ever-lighter Ford and Mopar match racers on the circuit.

This picture shows the final run of six nightly points races of the week; I'm in the near side. I was never there with anything less than a packed crowd in the stands. I raised Cain and hired one of Roger Ward's Indy-car mechanics to measure the bore again. I had to get a telegram from Pontiac sent to clear up the problem.

Despite their use of Hemi heads and overhead camshafts, my "obsolete" Pontiac gave them all fits. Inman had to physically take three guys down before the cops arrived and restored order.

At the time, my dad was dead set against painted lettering on my cars. It wasn't a flip-top car; the main body was bolted to the frame, but the one-piece fiberglass nose tilted forward for access to the front of the nitro-burning Pontiac motor. That meant zero factory support.

Before the suits on the 14 floor of the GM building decided to pull the plug on automotive exhibitionism (as a means of reducing corporate profile that was under scrutiny from trust-busting lawmakers), Chevrolet and Pontiac had poured vast resources into their racing programs in an effort to reach the unprecedented number of young new car buyers from the post-WWII baby boom. Serious engine work required removal of the tinwork inside the car, since I drove from the back seat area. My fans loved it when I led the more powerful Funnies to the finish line, which happened a lot. I still got in and out through the doors, which were hinged like a normal car. To learn more about creating a site from a blank template click here​, You can add social links just click them & update with your url   >, "If It Were a Movie Nobody Would Believe It!". With 76 million American kids born between 1946 and 1964 (38 million of them were hatched before 1954 alone), smart marketing teams knew it would take exciting, youth-oriented models, as well as racing, to attract them to the showrooms. Notice the carbureted Chevy big-block and International Harvester radiator shell. My wagon's rear overhang was hard to beat on that slippery surface. To top it off, the sodium-filled exhaust valves were failure prone. The Omni hatchback was as visually attractive as walking in on Cousin Eddie on the can, but the Charger (the renamed Omni 024) had a better shape for what the engineers had in mind.

Victory came quickly with Junior Johnson taking the 1960 Daytona 500, while the top tiers of 196162 NHRA Stocker action were dominated by W-motored cars driven by Don Nicholson, Frank Sanders, Dave Strickler, and Hayden Proffitt. I pulled up the rear carpet & found seat belt & roll cage holes. My 1966 Star of the Circuit Gee Tee O match racer was completed in mid-October of 1966 and featured a Fiber Glass Ltd. body mounted to the lightly modified framerails that were taken from my 1964 Mystery Tornado GTO.

A little bit later, I was at Alton Dragway in Illinois coming back down the return road when I saw Doug's Mustang get airborne going through the lights. When the Mopars let me down in 1957, I didn't want a Chevy since they were like belly buttons, even then.

At a three-day Labor Day race at Great Lakes Dragway in 2003, I beat Dyno three nights in a row in a best-of-3-out-of-5 match race series. For a while, I had Don Gay drive my supercharged Pontiac at the same event where I ran the Comet, but Lincoln-Mercury didn't approve so I happily returned the car. Funny Car chassis technology was progressing so fast I had the Logghe Brothers build me an all-new car for 1969 based on one of their superlight frames. I have four daughters. This car usually rode on a trailer towed behind the ramp truck. I love those vintage cars.