Tankathon. Copyright © 2020. Tulane isn't always bursting out of the seams with terrific NFL prospects, but just a year after Green Wave wideout Darnell Mooney was selected, it looks like they’ll have another prospect taken this year in Johnson.

In 2008, the Chicago Bears drafted running back Matt Forte out of Tulane in the second round. More impressive — and valuable — however, is Johnson’s ability against the run. Johnson will not be a primary pass rusher at the next level, as he struggles to penetrate the backfield on a frequent basis. This service is intended for adult audiences. He has a ways to go in this department before you’d consider him a “coverage linebacker”, but it’s something that separates him from the other pure pass rushers in his class. Johnson is an absolute workout warrior, and it shows up on game day. Johson has an explosive first step and speed for days on the outside.

EDGE. color:#fff; NHL. Two sacks against South Alabama and two sacks against Southern Mississippi. Tulane plays in a 3-4 or 3-3-5 defensive scheme where Johnson is used as an outside linebacker.

Speed is important for an edge rusher, but it can’t be the only tool in your toolbox if you’re going to be a first-round pick. Patrick Johnson - EDGE - Tulane - 2021 NFL Draft Profile and Stats.

All rights reserved. Patrick Johnson - EDGE - Tulane - 2021 NFL Draft Profile and Stats. .promo_edge:after { – Takes poor pursuit angles downfield The NFL Draft and NFL Draft Logo are copyright of the National Football League and in no way are owned by Ourlads Scouting Services LLC. Big Board. Ignored by the Vols, Tigers, and Commodores, he accepted his offer to Tulane as a strong side defensive end. If you are not aware... Silas Kelly is an underdog. Chris Spooner is an NFL Draft contributor for @PFN365.

Heading into the 2020 season, Johnson is getting difference of opinions on his play from teams. This is where he shows off perhaps his most valuable assets: versatility and football IQ.

Height . – Does not get overpowered by offensive linemen, but does not overpower linemen either I am not sure where he will fall in the NFL Draft, but I like this kids potential.

– Plays through receivers in man coverage His best form of tackling comes when making profile …

Non-playoff teams get picks 1-18 -- the team with the worst record picks first overall, Teams eliminated in the Wild Card round get picks 19-24, Teams eliminated in the Divisional round get picks 25-28, Teams eliminated in the Conference Championships get picks 29-30, Tiebreakers: strength of schedule, division tiebreakers, conference tiebreakers, interconference tiebreakers, coin toss, This order applies to all seven rounds of the draft with tied teams cycling positions from round to round, Weeks before the draft, up to a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lost significant free agents -- these picks are made after rounds 3-7. One of first females to work for Sports Info Solutions, where she developed a passion for scouting.

– Fooled on play fakes regularly. * - denotes 2021 prospect. Johnson has just about everything you want from a pass rusher at the college level, and he has a few extra traits that only add value to his draft stock. – Damond Talbot, NFL Draft Diamonds Owner. If Johnson is going to be an effective pass rusher in the NFL, he’s going to have to develop some counter moves. – Poor use of his hands. Johnson chose Tulane University and it has been a great decision in my opinion. Buffalo native; Sport Management Bachelors, Coaching Minor, Sport Administration Masters.

From Major Media Outlets to NFL Team Personnel. If you’re going to be a first-round pick in the NFL, you have to have a calling card. He struggles to penetrate the backfield, thus not being a threat in the passing game – Passes off receivers to the next zone with good communication skills Pro Day Results . This page is intended to provide links to Ourlads' Draft coverage and is in no way affiliated with the Official NFL Draft site. – Struggles to contort his body to get around linemen on the outside I’ve mentioned speed and burst with a few of the 2021 EDGE pass rushers I’ve previewed, but Johnson takes it to a whole new level, and it’s why he’s generating buzz as a first-round prospect. You can follow him on Twitter @CSpoonerPFN. If you’re a playoff team who struggled to put pressure on the opposing quarterback, Patrick Johnson should be squarely in your sights in the 2021 NFL Draft. He also played a key role in limiting Southern Miss to just 59 yards of total offense in the second half. I think I know why I didn’t vote in the past haha.