Sonic was later ported to US cellphones as SonicN on the Nokia N-Gage. Still, people managed to play some games on the N-Gage, such as Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer. Rovio's Angry Birds is just a year old, but it made headlines all throughout last year, thanks to its clever design and cute interface.

Doodle Jump is the epitome of casual gaming -- it's quick to learn, but tough to master. Lima Sky's The Motorola RAZR was a slim, fashionable phone introduced in 2003. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D was one of the first popular iPhone games, and even managed to land a spot on the Apple's top 10 list of Paid Apps (#6) for the year. Tetris has graced the screens of many mobile phones since then, and it even became the most downloaded mobile phone game of all time in January 2010, with 100 million paid downloads since EA gained the rights in 2005. Other than his home town of New York, his favorite cities are Barcelona and Hong Kong. The Razr2 models had familiar Razr styling, just with updated specs. The following lists contains all of the known games released for the N-Gage, as well as unreleased games. Motorola Razr 5G hands-on review The new Razr is also as thin as the original at … moto e6. The phone was known not only for its sexy slimness, but for its gaming abilities. However, a few titles only saw release through either digital distribution or bundles that came inside a MMC movie card. I'm excited to see where it goes. Asteroids may be maddeningly simple in terms of graphics, but any arcade nut will tell you it's a pretty challenging space-shooter. But what of the casual cellphone game? The Motorola Razr is back with a foldable screen and a high price tag. Learn More.

Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc. Next Up: Check out these related slideshows, Learn more about PCWorld's Digital Editions, everything you loved about the Nintendo 64, 22 terrifying PC horror games to play with the lights off, These 25 deep, absorbing PC games will eat days of your life, 20 gorgeous PC games that will punish your graphics card, Windows 10: The best tricks, tips, and tweaks, 11 cheap or free ways to make your old PC run faster, 10 surprisingly practical Raspberry Pi projects anybody can do. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D is everything you loved about the Nintendo 64, but designed for the iPhone: Crash Bandicoot, Mario Kart, and blocky 3D, plus tap 'n tilt controls! After Apple finally opened its iOS platform to third-party applications via the App Store, mobile gaming took a real turn for the better. When I lived in Tokyo, I spent hours playing Tetris on my phone while riding the Inokashira train. Keep an eye on your inbox! The next year's versions upgraded the batteries and displays. Unfortunately, the N-Gage was mostly unsuccessful -- it was too big and clunky for a phone, and the buttons were too phone-like for gaming.

While he's a fourth-generation Manhattanite, he now lives in Queens with his wife and daughter.